Norse Votann

phandaal
Go to solution Solved by phandaal,

More dakka for the Thunderkyn:

Spoiler

large.20240207_173048.jpg.3209f74f6c4185

Not the best picture, but these guys are heading out with their kin for a game tomorrow! Will get an action shot with the fellas before the game.

5 hours ago, Karak Norn Clansman said:

Lovely rules lawyer as well. Where can one find this miniature in store?

Thank you! The model is called a "Codewright" from Age of Sigmar.

Me and the boys ready to stake some claims:

Spoiler

large.20240211_122023.jpg.0708af99067f6a

During the game:

Spoiler

large.20240211_140335.jpg.632a2f76076084

3-player game, 4k points of my Dwarves against a combined Imperial force. It was a close battle, but in the end the might of humanity was not enough to stop the master race from securing another glorious victory! Hope you are having a great day wherever you are, and thanks for looking!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 5:07 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

Cool to see the Norse LoV still alive and kicking, or should that be grudging?

Always grudging!

On 3/15/2024 at 5:07 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

What is the Codewright like to assemble & paint? I was thinking of getting one done up for a mate for his birthday.

It was very easy to assemble. I kept the model in two parts for painting - dwarf and back rig with books. Doing it that way made it super easy paint.

• 3 weeks later...

In some of my earliest posts in this thread, I mentioned wanting to find a good replacement model for GW's Votann berserks. Nothing was available. So I went with the Murderbots, and they have served the Kin well until now, but people have kept on making new Space Dwarves since then.

Finally, at long last, proper cyber-slayers!

Spoiler

large.20240414_204859.jpg.9e352ec8186733

Look at those glorious mohawks! Those magnificent beards!

Here are a couple of shots of the champion:

Spoiler

large.20240414_204913.jpg.9ee7e12bc90b2f

Spoiler

large.20240414_204922.jpg.ea66782ca129e1

These two guys might be my favorite, because they have cool cyborg bits and great beards:

Spoiler

large.20240412_130931.jpg.b475b11255534b

Hoped to get these guys on the table today, but my opponent came down with a cold so I got an early start on my next addition to the Kin. In true James Workshop fashion, here is your very own "rumor engine" picture. Everyone loves teasers, right?

Spoiler

large.20240414_204958.jpg.5251eb5d7efd0f

Wow Those "Not berserks" are great stuff  2x:thumbsup: , really nice sculpts.

The Smash Bro's look cool :cool:

well done, and I do wonder what's next ???... :tongue: You're supposed to put some Cryptic sentence in there right !??? 

Cheers, M  

Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole

Spoiler

large.20240419_135613.jpg.fc918be7727337

Been planning on building a mole transport for a while now, and the recent release for Epic 40k mini-termites got me thinking. Checked GW's website for the full-size deal from Forgeworld, saw the price tag, and long story short - printer went brrrr for about 9% of that price!

Decided to go with the version bursting up out of the ground because it is awesome!

Here is a shot with some lil dudes for reference:

Spoiler

large.20240419_140557.jpg.740dfa7f99701c

And a shot of the drill mesmerizing us all:

Spoiler

large.20240419_140203.jpg.da5b279be1a1e5

Progress pic coming soon to show how much the army has grown. Until then, have a great weekend wherever you are!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome stuff…. 
not that it matters a great deal but have you thought of putting some weathering and dirt parts on the drill top/front to show it’s burst outta the ground ?!… 

it’s still fantastic either way though :thumbsup:

Cheers, M 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

Awesome stuff…. 
not that it matters a great deal but have you thought of putting some weathering and dirt parts on the drill top/front to show it’s burst outta the ground ?!… 

it’s still fantastic either way though :thumbsup:

Cheers, M 

Yep I have definitely considered that! The base has a lot more rocks and grass tufts around the edges to show how the earth has been disturbed around it. Hard to tell from the picture, but the basing is built up in a pile all around the drill to make it look like it is spilling down and being pushed up from under the ground.

I still might come back at some point to make it even more obvious that it just burst up from below. Dirt/grass elsewhere on the model would definitely help there!

Edited by phandaal

Now that real Slayers have joined our kinband, the Miners have finally decided to come up from their digs and show the rest of their Kin how to turn off their mining bots' murder mode:

Spoiler

large.20240505_182714.jpg.fabf9343a74be9

Mostly because the Slayers kept trying to fight the murderbots for sparring practice!

And a solo shot of our flesh-and-blood mining Kin, including one on the front right who looks like he is about to warn us about the dangers of Diabeetus:

Spoiler

large.20240505_182251.jpg.818cf4097b1427

Up next, you can see a few wily dwarves in the background of the first picture, making their way back to their Kin after a long wilderness patrol. That is it for now though. Have a great rest of your day and thanks for looking!

Any good kinband needs a group of doughty outdoorsmen to range far and wide in search of fresh enemies to grudge and new resources to acquire. Our kinband is no different - and these rangers have finally returned to the fold:

Spoiler

large.20240513_111312.jpg.645382b3a6791a

Spoiler

large.20240513_1111462.jpg.4080a1c922f9f

With this last group, our kinband is complete for now! Don't worry, we are not stopping the games and more reinforcements will arrive. Just shifting focus to a fantasy army for a little while and there are only so many hours in the day!

Up next - will get everybody together for a family photo to show how much the band has grown since that first test mini. Thanks for looking!

Oh wow, they have Character!! :wub:

so glad to have been along for the journey !, well done on making an awesome looking force :thumbsup:

ooh what’s your fantasy army if I may ask ?… please say old hammer and not 

Age of S@#tmar .. :sweat:

cheers Mithril 

1 hour ago, MithrilForge said:

Oh wow, they have Character!! :wub:

so glad to have been along for the journey !, well done on making an awesome looking force :thumbsup:

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words and am glad you enjoyed seeing the progress. Posting in public keeps me honest and helps me avoid that slacking urge, and it is good to remind myself that there is more to the hobby than just grumbling about GW. (Although as a fan of the Dwarves, grumbling IS a very important part of the hobby.) :laugh: 

1 hour ago, MithrilForge said:

ooh what’s your fantasy army if I may ask ?… please say old hammer and not 

Age of S@#tmar .. :sweat:

Hell no it's not AoS. :laugh:

The fantasy army is a two-parter. Got the urge to build a Halloween-themed army for games in October. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and the idea just will not go away, so we are going for it! We have a pumpkin-head horseman as the leader, a werewolf, a bunch of spooky skeletons and ghosts, some bats, and even some gremlins! Once that is done I am going to take the skeleton part and expand it into a full-blown army of its own.

Expecting it to go relatively quickly because skeletons are super easy to paint in large quantities. Famous last words though! Not sure where people post that kind of stuff online, but apparently there is a forum kind of like this one but for fantasy/AoS. If so I will see about putting the pics up there!