The Dire Wolves Army Progress

dees

Hello Friends, 

One of my fist Space Wolves Army was the 13th Company from way back in the day.  I loved the mixed armor of Space Wolves and CSM, plus it was the first time Wulfen were introduced.  I tend to enjoy modeling and painting quite a bit, and it often opens up opportunities to get what I want out of an army on the painting table and battle board.  I just bought and began assembling Wulfen for my army and discovered many extra heads, arms, shoulder pads and weapons.  So with the new and old bits out of one box of Wulfen I got ten to play with.  Here are the conversations and I’ll post updated as I get more of the army done.  

87258DAE-E1DE-4856-AE01-41F5DE966F17.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, dees said:

Here is the first Dreadnought on the painting table.  I’m not sure how I feel about it yet but it’s been good practice anyway. 

i am really liking the colour scheme especially the red and yellow.

I'm a big fan of throwing chaos into the mix and I loved when the 13th came out with chaos backpacks and stuff. I've just ordered the new Berserkers so hoping to get some good kitbashes with Wulfen heads and axes!

Great work keep it coming.

Edited by sbarnby71

Thanks for feed back friends.  I do love the Abaddon model and it wouldn't take much work to make him into a space wolf.  The new zerkers will make great convertions and even after making 5 converted Wulfen I think I still have 2 heads left over.   I'm also kicking around the idea of converting the primaries Ragnar into a wolf/chaos champion.   I'll post when I have some more work done, but a new baby and moving have made finding the time a bit tricky.  

15 hours ago, dees said:

Gamiel you and I think alike, I have the old fantasy undead wolves.  Here is my Ragnar…or Khârn convention. 

4B893D13-6C82-49CE-9444-32E0DFB17215.jpeg

Looking good.

Personal opinion: if you plan to have him as a leader of your 13th company forces do I suggest using a different head or remove the helmet "ears" (could be crude removal showing that the SW have done it to a WE helmet they decided to repurpose) since the "ears" are such WE associated markings. But that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...