9th Ed Codex early rules questions

I lean towards no it wouldn’t, they’re completely separate weapons with separate statlines.

something that I think definitely needs a FAQ released on Black Friday.

edit since threads merged.

this post is about parade drill and if it effects hotshot lasguns or not.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

6 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Could anyone please let me know if the new Master of Ordinance buffs all keyword artillery?

Or just the codex guns?

In the command phase, select one enemy unit within 30 and visible to the MOO, AM artillery units reroll 1s to hit vs that unit until start of next command phase. 

Command phase means its prob going to be very hard to set up:sad:

Doesn't sound great:ermm:

24 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Can you give the teleport relic to kasrkin, load them into a transport and teleport the transport as well?

Core rules covers this I believe: units, unless specifically stated, cannot do anything or be affected by anything while embarked:yes:

Edited by Emperor Ming

On 11/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Can you give the teleport relic to kasrkin, load them into a transport and teleport the transport as well?

No. Only Karskin get teleported. How awesome would that be though. Teleporting Chimeras. lol

1 hour ago, sairence said:

Pretty sure the Kasrkin rule states that a squad can pick any extra doctrine that no other unit in your army has. That would by definition include any other Kasrkin squad.

And I think that’s RAW and not RAI.

The rule doesn’t make any sense, and that’s why it in a thread about questions GW needs to clarify.

1 hour ago, sairence said:

Pretty sure the Kasrkin rule states that a squad can pick any extra doctrine that no other unit in your army has. That would by definition include any other Kasrkin squad.

Yep, this is correct, but people shouldn't get carried away, ten t3 models with a 4+ save will just be swept away after they have a shooting phase. 

If they get a shooting phase:tongue:

12 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

And I think that’s RAW and not RAI.

The rule doesn’t make any sense, and that’s why it in a thread about questions GW needs to clarify.

I mean...you can think what you like, but this isn't in any way written ambiguously. And it makes sense if your aim is to make each of these special forces units feel unique, instead of instantly openening up the door to rules exploits by spamming something. :happy: