9th Ed Codex early rules questions

3 minutes ago, Harrowmaster said:

I was thinking on the bullgryn thing and I'm not sure it isn't deliberate. Because of the perceived extra durability of bullgryns, they may very well have decided the stratagem combos were too powerful. 

The Shield of Flesh stratagem is literally something Bullgryns used to have once (giving protection to infantry behind them).

If it's not an oversight then it's sheer stupidity on GWs decisionmaking - which I wouldn't put past them. 

3 minutes ago, Minsc said:

The Shield of Flesh stratagem is literally something Bullgryns used to have once (giving protection to infantry behind them).

If it's not an oversight then it's sheer stupidity on GWs decisionmaking - which I wouldn't put past them. 

I know it is but I'd be hesitant to say it's a clear error with their track record.  

7 hours ago, TCC said:

FYI You miss quoted it, the bit you missed is key, it’s the each that defines it as more than one, “Troopers can each have their”  it’s very clear to me that you can take two of the per unit. 

Thanks! At the moment it's clear RAW. The asterisk just doesn't make sense as it restricts you to only have two of the same weapon. Must have been supposed to say "same weapon only ONCE". Waiting for the FAQ :D

On 12/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, Minsc said:

It was a strat in 8th too. I dont remember if it was core book or in greater good though.  

6 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Can the vox proclimatus be used from inside a chimera?

If that was the relic then yes.

Units inside transports are functionally not on the table and can't be affected by strats, and can only interact with stuff on the board through specific exceptions, like the Chimeras commane vehicle rule.

But a relic is an upgrade specific to the unit. So as long as it can issue orders, it can use anything the unit itself has.

15 minutes ago, L30n1d4s said:

Well, actually... Iron Hand Straken has an Auto shotgun ;)

After posting this I knew someone was gonna come in here with that 

glad I converted a straken though, because I just realized he gives a squad a baby born soldiers

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

My questions: 

1. Were LRBT supposed to lose emergency vents? Having your own Plasma cannon kill yourself with a single 1 is terribad.

2. Were all superheavy guns supposed to lose all special rules? Having their guns not match any past edition or even the lore printed in the same datasheet is...terrible.

3. Were demolisher cannons supposed to have different stats based on what vehicle they're mounted on? I'd understand having the amount of shots be different, but they're not, it's the damage that's different. 

24 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

My questions: 

1. Were LRBT supposed to lose emergency vents? Having your own Plasma cannon kill yourself with a single 1 is terribad.

2. Were all superheavy guns supposed to lose all special rules? Having their guns not match any past edition or even the lore printed in the same datasheet is...terrible.

3. Were demolisher cannons supposed to have different stats based on what vehicle they're mounted on? I'd understand having the amount of shots be different, but they're not, it's the damage that's different. 

Regards to number 3, yeah they are different demolisher cannons now. 

23 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

My questions: 

1. That's covered in the wording of the muintorum plasma cannons, its just1mw:yes:

2, terrible, covers quite a bit in this dex, /looks at catachan datasheet:laugh:

3, demolisher cannons really needed d6+3 shots:sad:

Oh I see about 1. I love that there are multiple profiles for the same weapons now. Much consistent, so useful. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute, if nothing in the codex can take a regular Plasma cannon, why bother including its stats?

Edited by Seahawk