+++ Muster the Guard: Hobby Challenge +++

GreenScorpion
Go to solution Solved by GreenScorpion,

@Trokair I added your pledge to the list but the chimera is missing a picture (there is a invalid link on your post perhaps that is the missing pic?).

@commissar_roach Pledge added, mention me when you add the pictures so I can update the post. Also what exactly are the new rough riders in terms of FoC? I left on a "to fix" category as I don't know.

@Nyx of the Night @Harrowmaster Pledge added.

@greatcrusade08 I have updated the tracking post. In what relates to your questions:

1. You can post WIP updates in the thread or link to other threads if you prefer, or do a smaller version here and the extend version on your thread for example;
  2. You can make further pledges until February 3rd, so the day before it ends. You can pledge as often as you want and as little or as big as you want on each time. This event is as open ruled as possible within reason, so hopefully people can enjoy building and painting :smile:

Ok, let's get this started. I'll have picts tomorrow but wanted to get the list down so I know what to pull.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Focslain of the <regiment>, shall raise the following units by February 4th.

:HQ:
Scion Command Squad (partial due to complete Temptus Prime)

Cadian Castellan (pict pending)

:Troops:
1 Death Korp Krieg squad
1 Cadian squad
1 Infantry squad

:Elite:
5 man Scion unit
1 Commissar

:HS:

2 Heavy Ordnance batteries

I'll have more as I gather other projects I semi-started. I have like two more command squads to rebuild, but they are only getting standards since there is a good reason for them now.

I also have a Yarrick stand-in I got a while back that I'd like to paint up for this, but not sure what to count it as now.

Edit: Ok, here are the picts, most of these are still on sprue.

20221128_213023[1].jpg

20221128_213058[1].jpg

20221128_213202[1].jpg

20221128_213233[1].jpg

20221128_213255[1].jpg
59512181_20221129_1911361.jpg.b66f646058ce1ac61e2a490ac4068fec.jpg

Edited by Focslain
added picts and pledge

Alright, let's start this.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander sairence of the Lützow Free Korps, shall complete construction of the Shadowsword Dies Iudicii by February 4th."

It will potentially get a few configurations, but the Shadowsword will be the main one. Everything not pictured is still completely unpainted, unassembled and partially still on the sprues.

Hopefully I will add a few bits and pieces from the Cadia Stands box to my pledge later on. I'm also working on another superheavy, but I might get back to that after I've finished at least one pledge.

For the Emperor!

20221128_201203.jpg

20221128_201150.jpg

Edited by sairence

Dearest beluft Sîa,

It hath bene many a moonth synse last I wrot. And forre it I am sorrowed. Ther hath bene scant chans. Butte now Worron hath lendedde me hys pensil and I have savedd some offe my rashion pacc cardbord onne wych to write. And so here is my letter. Wrytting is not come natural to me as you knowwe well, beluft. But I was torn and wont to you to write.

[…]

5D335DF4-491B-4B3F-8905-A6A91E7D5D8B.thumb.jpeg.7104a3dfd9c224c1a1052bf5e3794292.jpeg

The vittels are scant, but good. We drinc well, and so far we haff not found the [REDACTED] we arre tolt we are to fyte.

And soe we slepe in the baracs (a sort of grete living hutte like ourres but to hous not a famillie but three-scorre menne) and feast in the messehall. Ydris is the cooc and, when stocc is ryte, he coocs dyshes of Lammb’s World. Of home.

Over the droppe scones the others oft fyt forre a sore remyinder of home they arre; but to me they are ascces in my mouth, for they remind me only offe you, beluft. And howwe apart we arre. Throne willingge, home to you schalle I come in somme days.

[…]

CD773318-301B-44C4-992F-E8121B559FD2.thumb.jpeg.9bab3119ad29d43755bfc3ad052037c9.jpeg

A quick WIP – hoping to get into a bit of a rhythm with painting this week.

Made a good progress over the weekend, with some tidy up last night, Devil Dog finished. The attempt to make a Jade effect with darker and lighter parts did not really come through, the contrast was just to unifying compared to the underlying leadbelacher with caliban green and silver stippling. Oh well lesson learned.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

@GreenScorpion Added picts to pledge post for you. Also added another, see below for why.

22 hours ago, duz_ said:

Yarrick could just be a regular commissar or a Castellan tour call :thumbsup:

The commissiar has a powerfist which they can no longer have. Though the idea of using her as a castellan is possible. I was looking thru the crusade relics and there is a Ork centric one I can give her. Makes sense with the severed ork head she's holding.

Would be nicer if we had more active ork players in my local group, but at least she has a use still. 

I, Bonehead that's late to the show that I may be, created an account so that I can pledge to finish this.... mess. To be honest, I've been building whatever I fancy building and then painting them for months and they've not really fallen out as recogniseable squads. The troops here will mix into the 40 I already have done to make up a platoon command section, a 6-man flamer section, and missile launchers for several infantry sections plus a bonus company commander and sergeant.

Oh, and a mortarman, minus the rest of the mortar battery because I found the mortar arms I ordered from Anvil Industry kind of uninspiring, modelling wise. I generally manage three to six troopers a week, so this should be pretty close to the wire. I might build some ordinary troopers to round them up to a nice even twenty models, just to add the pressure.

The 8th Yantar are mustering slowly. But still dramatically quicker than any army I've previously painted, so let's go for it.

20221126 (2).JPG