+++ Muster the Guard: Hobby Challenge +++

GreenScorpion
Go to solution Solved by GreenScorpion,

Progress has been slow, but I'm finally making some headway

I have half of the rough riders built, along with the HWT's, and most of the infantry

umLN38x.jpg

yM66npZ.jpg

7gKvO40.jpg

On top of that I've also actually started to paint up the infantry while I wait for some more bits to arrive for the rest of the rough riders

dAK9KsZ.jpg

XFRyYhU.jpg

ieThYEy.jpg

AP speedpaints have been working well for this, i really like how the scheme turned out. even if it is a bit simple compared to my other armies.

Great work all! 

After grinding through a tough 40 min game of Darktide last night only for it to crash right before the ending and getting 0 rewards. :dry:

I now have the motivation to start painting again :laugh:

Hopefully I'll get my Gaunts Ghosts knocked out fairly quickly. I'll be using cover art for my inspiration to paint. I also have an inkling of what my subsequent vow might be :wink:

1 hour ago, duz_ said:

Great work all! 

After grinding through a tough 40 min game of Darktide last night only for it to crash right before the ending and getting 0 rewards. :dry:

I now have the motivation to start painting again :laugh:

Hopefully I'll get my Gaunts Ghosts knocked out fairly quickly. I'll be using cover art for my inspiration to paint. I also have an inkling of what my subsequent vow might be :wink:

I haven't had a crash in approx 3 weeks, but hooray for painting motivation?!

Adding attaches to the collection; made Master of Ordnance and a Officer of the fleet using extra Cadian command squad miniatures. Then redoing and repainting my 2x Chimeras/salamander landing craft kitbash.

for an easier time of paint I put the mounted troopers on base prior to glueing them down.

oh my Ambots weren’t counted for HQs.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Hiro of Taskforce 141 shall raise Torrent Company, 332nd Battallion, 501st Brigade Combat Team by February 4th."

HQ

Master of Ordanance

Officer of the Fleet

Dedicated Transport

2x Custom Chimera/Salamamder

90D25F5B-2136-4D00-8B98-EEEFD61B31BD.thumb.jpeg.8ffccacc5459fd2b3720a86f351d8c8d.jpeg

9B1A812F-1FD8-4FEF-94A7-658DCC411777.thumb.jpeg.6d358d16f5c5f71596b982d174ca9f33.jpeg

5210B613-F741-4D7F-A86D-D6C5357ED7F1.thumb.jpeg.6922afb32d36f878c3246bcae7428e9d.jpeg

1574F0E8-D119-4A17-8341-D729B5269FD5.thumb.jpeg.d4dc18c175a86e90e1f387c512242a58.jpeg

Edited by Hiroitchi

Update: 

I have been getting some painting done but I've had two visits from Nurgle recently so that's thrown me off a bit (glad I only pledged one squad). 

Vox caster (he's now done so only 9 left): 

large.20221231_165901.jpg.4f5f65ab7c9f87617d9cf1398ee3eb23.jpg

And the rest of the squad: 

large.IMG-20221231-WA0000.jpeg.2994c5632e170f352d65c1229f74b5fd.jpeg

They're fairly close to done, it's just some individual detailing work that needs to be completed on these 9

All pledges should be up to date (with the exception of partial completion of x pledged group/unit), let me know if there is any issue.

13 hours ago, Hiroitchi said:

oh my Ambots weren’t counted for HQs.

I had not included them previously because they were not on the initial pledge text/pictures, so I wasn't sure if you intended to pledge them or if you were just showing the completed pledged squads plus extras, sorry for any confusion.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Dwango of the Catachan (insert appropriate regiment??), shall raise a Colonel by February 4th :HQ:

I managed to acquire a Catachan Colonel some month back and wanted to paint him up this year. Felt this event was a good opportunity to do so. 

20230102_205002.jpg

20 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Second part of my vow complete!

Mars Alpha Pattern Leman Russ 

I’m yet to build my HWT so I might be a while!

Especially good painting there. Nice work mate!

12 minutes ago, TCC said:

I finished my Kasrkin squad today - I’m really happy with them. 

Fantastic paint jobs. For a minute I thought you'd just nicked em off a GW's website, they're that good. Good going!