Go to solution Solved by McDougall Designs,

• Solution

So, I've decided to name this repaint project "the Order of Luchella Veraxa, also known as the Veraxa Order."

Veraxa is completely made up, because this is a sci Fi project. But I derived "Luchella" by starting with the Latin "Lucas". I took "luc" from that and came up with something that worked.

Why "Lucas"? Because that is the latinized form of "Luke", in reference to the patron saint of artists in Christian tradition.

I'm not Catholic, far from it now. But as the sci Fi faction. These models hail from a simulacrum of a monastic order, I thought it fit.

Important character models will be named based on artists I enjoy and/or call friends.

#orderveraxa will be used as a reference tag for the project.

PXL_20230506_2304377532.thumb.jpg.fea25c49768a3fbdf26dd105346f24b5.jpgPXL_20230506_2304563512.thumb.jpg.59e5a43d200ab9f2c69f7f72ae2c9ce2.jpg

23 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice idea for the naming :smile: 

Thanks

Obviously those seraphim are "next" as far as painting goes.

That being said, I've been prepping the rest of the sisters lot. something like half of the army is on proper bases now.

This 5 squad is to paint test celestians/elite troops, which will have inversed robes and weapons casings.

I've also decided that the world they garrison is an civilized/garden world that specifically hosts generations of artists of all disciplines.

There are no hives, but there are large metropoli with basillicae imperialis that the Veraxan order defend. The order also distributes it's military strength amongst the smaller churches, chapels, and congregations throughout the world.

This is both for practical logistics reasons and strategic defense.

Citizens of the world, which I have not yet named, lead lives that others in the imperium would seem paradise. To our perspective, think of it as a world of artists that all have long term contracts with the government but also are otherwise left alone to "art" as they wish as long as it serves the greater imperium.

One of the stipulations, however, is that children who do not show artistic talent are taken to either be inducted as sisters in one of the Veraxan orders many branches, or to the scholarship progenium on the planet (in the case of male children.)

PXL_20230508_0441324722.thumb.jpg.e3422127ade72811fa4db690e10d791e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Home planet: Corvidus III

Subsector: Pacificus

Planet type: Agri-world

Tithe Grade: Militarus tertius, Exactus prima

Specialization: Light infantry, light cavalry, scouting forces

Description:

Corvidus 3 orbits a relatively stable star in the Lannah sector of imperial space, to the galactic west of Hydraphur (Imperial fleet headquarters Pacificus)

Corvidus III is the third world in its star system, and is primarily composed of forested valleys between massive mountain ranges, mostly of a black, basalt like stone. The human inhabitants of Corvidus are a hardy folk, and mainly inhabit towns and cities literally carved into the mountains. Swathes of the forest surrounding these mountain-cities are cut back, to allow for massed farming of the uniquely nutrient-rich soil.

Corvidus III is home to many species of black avian creatures, Classed as "Corvids" by the Adepts of the Mechanicus Biologis. These peculiar birds are what gave the planet its imperial name, and also what the original human settlers based their religious practices upon as they devolved from the enlightened technolgies of the pre-dark age of technology. The birds were seen as messengers of the gods, bringing omens of good weather, of war between various settlements, and attacks by large forest creatures.

Upon reunification with the Imperium of Man during the conquest of the Lannah sector, the Eclissiarchy convinced the inhabitants of Corvidus III that these birds were messengers of the God-Emperor of Mankind. That they had watched over the people since the dark times and through internal strife.

In current imperial records, the planet is primarily an agri-world cultivating various plants, vegetables, and timber. The men and women of the planet, that regularly hunt in the dense forests for protein rich game, are tithed to provide scouting forces for the Imperiums armies.

These light infantry and cavalry regiments (riding a form of equine that subsist on plant matter from the bio-farms outside the mountain cities) are rightly feared for their speed and maneuver tactics. To honor their homeworld and bring their variant of the imperial creed to the stars, each trooper and officer wears a beaked mask that incorporates data-spool lenses and an integral rebreather. This also allows them to operate in moderately harsh environments.

The normal color scheme for regiments of Corvidus III is a dark navy coat and grey trousers, with black boots and belts of a dark leather. For protection, most Corvidian troops wear a locally produced torso armor that is roughly equivalent to standard issue flak armor. Although their weapons may appear ramshackle in nature, they are lovingly tended to and effective.

And V1 prototyping the heads for the Corvidians.

These use a head from the Wargames Atlantic digital cultists. The body seen here is from the digital rebel yell kit and is simply a placeholder.

The heads will be used on plastics from Wargames Atlantic's "The Damned"  campaign when they release.

I expect these to go through multiple trial and error runs to make sure that the heads fit correctly to the plastics.

PXL_20230609_134006895~2.jpg

PXL_20230609_134022272~2.jpg