Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

48 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Christopher Tester is awesome, his Primarch monologues on TikTok (which Valrak brought to my attention in one of his streams) are so good. I've never listened to BL audio books before (just the dramas) but this guy makes me want to get it!

The anthology is ok, Heirs is better imo but the Alpha Legion short and Death Guard one by Wraight is also good

1 hour ago, skylerboodie said:

Christopher Tester is awesome, his Primarch monologues on TikTok (which Valrak brought to my attention in one of his streams) are so good. I've never listened to BL audio books before (just the dramas) but this guy makes me want to get it!

I never used Tiktok, but googling his account seems like a gold mine. I enjoy him in BL audiobooks and audio dramas (well, those are dead now), but he obviously enjoys acting so much, it's a shame that it's stuck with tiktok and not proper full-on productions. That man is acting out Charles zi Britannia's Equality speech, for feth's sake, and he SELLS it (even though the original JP actor still is unforgettable). And Hellsing's Major on loving war. Shivers. Completely on point with the passionate insanity.

I need to stop digging through this one. Just found Dalinar's Most Important Words from The Stormlight Archive. Time to touch grass, otherwise I won't get anything more done today!

Edit: :cuss:, found Emet-Selch...

Edited by DarkChaplain

5 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Blood of the Emperor (anthology) is getting an audio release, it popped up on my Audbile suggestions this morning, narrated by Christopher Tester, length is 5 hours 44 minutes

Way to announce things in advance BL

This is great news!  I have wanted the Primarch anthologies on audio format for so long.  A bit of an odd one to start with though, wasn’t Blood the third instalment?  

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I got mine, but £95 had me considering my sanity.

Thats what the Word Bearers want you to! :devil:

I managed to get my hands on the trilogy as well. :biggrin: My old worn out omnibus can get a replacement..

Edited by Blurghh

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Did anyone manage to get their hands on the word bearer trilogy?  I got mine, but £95 had me considering my sanity.  

When English people read books does the voice in their head have an accent? Are the Wordbearers posh or more working class? Yiesss

For some reason I give Nassir Amit an Aussie accent thats also kinda cockney. "Eat :cuss: traitor." 

I managed to get mine on time, seems like the scalpers in Canada are not as interested in these recent product releases because there is a high risk and low reward. Took 15 minutes for them to sell out, same as Fall of Cadia. 

Edited by Krelious

6 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Did anyone manage to get their hands on the word bearer trilogy?  I got mine, but £95 had me considering my sanity.  

I ended up getting a copy of it. It was a bit expensive, but I also just don't remember how much the Night Lords one was however long ago.

33 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I ended up getting a copy of it. It was a bit expensive, but I also just don't remember how much the Night Lords one was however long ago.

£45 for the first version in 2016, £90 for the second in 2020

22 hours ago, Krelious said:

When English people read books does the voice in their head have an accent? Are the Wordbearers posh or more working class? Yiesss

For some reason I give Nassir Amit an Aussie accent thats also kinda cockney. "Eat :cuss: traitor." 

I managed to get mine on time, seems like the scalpers in Canada are not as interested in these recent product releases because there is a high risk and low reward. Took 15 minutes for them to sell out, same as Fall of Cadia. 

Word Bearers definitely posh English to me. Erebus is basically Moriarty 

I honestly don't get why they start with Blood of the Emperor, rather than Sons & Scions. Obviously, they want to milk it, so they'd rather record 3 ~5-6 hour audiobooks and sell them separately than just recording the latest edition, Heirs of the Emperor, which collects all three mini anthologies. But... why start at the third?

The mighty fleets of the Indomitus Crusade face terrors and dangers beyond imagining. As Guilliman’s crusade marches forth, bringing the Emperor’s light to thousands of worlds, Fleet Secundus is headed for the darkest dark: the Eye of Terror itself, where Secundus will execute a major offensive deep into the heart of the Archenemy.

Along with warriors of the Adepta Sororitas and the Adeptus Astartes, the Imperial Navy battle cruiser Judgement of the Void pushes deeper and deeper into contested space. But as their journey unfolds, the greater schemes of the Indomitus Crusade begin to descend into treachery and intrigue. And as the forces of Chaos close in, a battle for survival is about to unfold, one which has ramifications not just for Fleet Secundus, but for the future of the galaxy itself.

Oh well, sisters of battle again, i feel like they should announce the series as some sort of "Crusaders of Faith" or something like that, most of the books got Black Templars or sisters of battle in them, don't get me wrong, there are some cool plotlines and stories about them, but i started to read the series to know more about the unnumbered sons,adapting of Guilliman to the new(In his perspective)imperium, new and restored chapters of SM.

I'm just tired of reading about zealots and fanatics.

m8ATn3pIvLN6sb1u.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong