Strikeforce Barakiel 4.0 +++Update: Impulsor+++

Barakiel

Funny story, today i played a Crusade Game against Chaos Demons. 1200 Points on each side and he had Belakor, a Bloodthirster and a Lord of Change. The rest were some Pink Horrors and a Khorne Canon of some kind.

I had a little bit of everything in the list, 3 Bladeguard with Judiciar Mordred in an Impulsor, 10 Intercessors, 5 Infiltrators, 3 Outriders with a Chaplain and so on. Nothing special because i wanted to test some things out and learn the Rules of 10th. I wasnt really prepared to meet 3 Greater Demons (yes, i count Belakor as that) in 1200 points in a friendly campaign but whatever.

Firstly, i won against all odds. (my dicerolls where beyond abyssmal and my opponent rolled his invulsaves like a chaos god)

Secondly, the Bloodthirster died a horrible death (lost his last wound) in close combat due to a Boltpistol shot from one of the Intercessors. ;D

And the best of all, Belakor died while fighting against the Bladeguard and especially Judiciar Mordred who, after Belakor made a brave Sir Robin move out of combat trying to escape, hunted him down and executed him like the cowardly Demon Prince he was.

Lastly a honorable mention for the lonely Infiltrator, who held his ground at an objective for 3 rounds against a whole unit of Pink Horrors and survived the game.

All in all a frustrating, hilarious and in the end victorius afternoon.

Barakiel

Edited by Barakiel

Greetings fellow Unforgiven,

speaking of the Impulsor, here he is for my Bladeguard Veterans.

The heraldic on the left and right side are for the most part identical with the little "shoulder-shields" from my Bladeguard.

And i replaced the ugly and ridiculous non-Space Marine heavy stubber on top of the hull with a stormbolter as a stand-in.

Impulsor "Zariah"

Impulsor001Zariah.thumb.jpg.a35c4556a1a22b26fe48d34f671a73bb.jpg

Impulsor001a.thumb.jpg.b36f660941dff6a69360e959d4969901.jpg

Impulsor001b.thumb.jpg.4335be33ce9c725630f3bc22e0bbe15a.jpg

Impulsor001c.thumb.jpg.0f6699f21dddfa6a0e71bb8df03d123d.jpg

BladeguardSquad003.thumb.jpg.90fa36cee23a9f8487b2c2ccf575c8d7.jpg

(Just realized, need a new picture from the Bladeguard Veterans, the Ancient has no heraldry on this picture, but meanwhile of course he does)

Barakiel

I absolutely adore what you’re doing here!

The Impulsor looks great, the Bladeguard are the perfect embodiment of the Grimdark!

Can I ask where you got the Dark Angels Icons from? I’d like some to add flavour to my Spartan.

2 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Can I ask where you got the Dark Angels Icons from? I’d like some to add flavour to my Spartan.

From the Dark Angels Ravenwing Upgrade Sprue. It is still possible to order it directly from GW.