Yarrick, Commissars, Creed and Inquisitors Made-To-Order

I will defend my opinion of the new commissar lol.

The proportions are better than the older models, and even though the hat is on the small size, it's more in keeping with actual military hats of the style.

I don't have any issue with the pose at all.

Edited by Orange Knight

7 hours ago, Gamiel said:

If you take a look at the classic commisars do neither all of them have a red sash

Just 1 does not have the sash, others have a light blue sash or red sash. In the fluff the sash is red, I image a commissar from a different world can have different colors, a fine excuse to paint the sash any color we want!

Anyway, I feel the new commissar has a closed trench coat to add some variety to all the previous commissar designs. The sash should be under the trench coat I imagine. The pose is fine, the detail is fine, the face is fine, it's just not for me.

The fact that GW strives to add variety should be commended IMO, this way we all can have minis we like!

10 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

You might be the only person I've seen speak positively of the new Commissar.

His stance is awkwardly stilted and coupled with his closed greatcoat he comes off as having very weird proportions at a glance. The face also looks quite poor, but that might just be the 'Eavy Metal style rarely being flattering to faces. 

Commissar9th.jpg

I feel like the paintjob is doing that model no favours whatsoever, but it definitely doesn't scream Commissar to me. Would be a good basis for an Imperial officer conversion of some form though.

The real problem with it IMO is that completely pointless tactical rock he's standing on. Why.

Anyway, MTO stuff. Good to see the Lord Commissar back, that is a fantastic sculpt. I have a Finecast one somewhere, need to do something with it. Also both Yarricks are excellent minis; I have a lot of nostalgia for the "modern" one but the old one is really cool too.

If we're talking guard minis that need MTOing though, company commander please?

A Teens Review Of The Imperial Guard Codex: HQ choices – Teenhammer 40k

1 minute ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Going to have to order Severina because I might not get another chance.

Plastic. Modern scale. Great sculpt.

What's not to love?

She's resin. Was when she came out too. Still a great sculpt though.

4 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Going to have to order Severina because I might not get another chance.

Plastic. Modern scale. Great sculpt.

What's not to love?

"She’s cast in resin"

One of the last Finecast produced models, I'm not too sure why this wasn't plastic but ho-hum

*I was ninja'ed by Steve Antilles :laugh:

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

"She’s cast in resin"

One of the last Finecast produced models, I'm not too sure why this wasn't plastic but ho-hum

*I was ninja'ed by Steve Antilles :laugh:

I think she's actually *the* last (new) model to be finecast.  I think the only recent one before that was Eisenhorn, which was also an excellent sculpt.  Very unfortunate to have some of the best human character sculpts in the history of 40k be finecast :(.

On 1/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, Lord Marshal said:

You might be the only person I've seen speak positively of the new Commissar.

His stance is awkwardly stilted and coupled with his closed greatcoat he comes off as having very weird proportions at a glance. The face also looks quite poor, but that might just be the 'Eavy Metal style rarely being flattering to faces. 

Commissar9th.jpg

Everytime I see that one, i think

a] he has a 3 foot long stick stuck up his butt and

b] his ancestor is this guy (former head of Roscosmos)

GettyImages-1189005183-800x534.jpg

Really glad to get another shot at Raine, missed her first time round, and it's everything the new guy isn't. Just a shame it's finecast.

13 minutes ago, Muskie said:

How often does GW re-release old metal models? This means they A) have the moulds and B) have the casting equipment. 

It was a bit more reliably in the past but like everything else its a bit more arbitrary these days due to logistical chaos. Its no secret that GW has almost every mould still available since the management buyout in the 90's, the masters are quite tough, especially for plastics, but its not economically viable to have them all in use at once, thus made to order usually around themed around an upcoming release like Guard in this instance.

21 hours ago, Arkhanist said:

Everytime I see that one, i think

a] he has a 3 foot long stick stuck up his butt and

b] his ancestor is this guy (former head of Roscosmos)

GettyImages-1189005183-800x534.jpg

Really glad to get another shot at Raine, missed her first time round, and it's everything the new guy isn't. Just a shame it's finecast.

He’s more David Moyes to me, in the eyes at least…

C59B428E-939A-44AB-AAFF-18B2BF32E326.jpeg

1 hour ago, m_r_parker said:

So when are they going to be released? The article said soon, but a couple of order windows have passed with them not being available. I'm not interested in the Commisars or Yarrick, but the Inquisitors are ideal for what I've been wanting. 

Not all the new guard stuff is out this week, that will drop next week (I hope) and the made to order with it I would guess, but no date actually confirmed by GW

It's weird that that they didn't announce it in last week's article (at least I don't think I missed it). Not sure I'll grab any as €23 for one commissar feels a bit much, Raine at €29 is also huge (weirdly she's only coming up on her own if I search for her, made to order page doesn't show her for me, except as part of the set). 

If they are going to charge such outrageous prices for reprints of old models maybe they shouldnt release them all together how can anyone justify £145 for 8 models. I just bought a bane blade and the new dorn tank together for cheaper, in my eyes a better way to spend over £100 but even those prices were already looking eye watering.

Some of these models have just been taken off the website recently and have already jumped up in price.

The greed is real, I was going to pick up several of these but now I'll just search the internet for cheaper options.

So I checked the last time I ordered that Commissar With Power Fist and he was £8.20 direct from GW in 2017. I believe he only recently got pulled from the webstore about six months ago too.

Considering the Inquisitors are £12/£13 I doubt they're just pricing based on the inflated cost of metal.

46 minutes ago, Harrowmaster said:

Raine at €29 is also huge (weirdly she's only coming up on her own if I search for her, made to order page doesn't show her for me, except as part of the set). 

I believe Raine was always a pricey one. I think when she released she was about £20. Looks like Eisenhorn has also been bumped up to £22 at some point.

Edited by Lord Marshal