New Firstborn Terminators [Rumour]

WARMASTER_

11 hours ago, phandaal said:

They will be Space Marine Terminators. Whispers from the Warp are starting to hint that the distinction between "Firstborn" and Primaris is going away in 10th Edition.

and good riddance, space marines really need to be trimmed down a bit and no longer having a primaris/non-primaris version is a start

1 hour ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Just for my peace of mind, what have I been wrong about? I never seem to know :thumbsup:

picking yellow

Man. Primaris keyword going away can not come soon enough. That plus new terminators would be wicked.

I'm inclined to believe that this will be the case for a couple of reasons. Number 1, it makes sense. There has been enough long-lasting annoyance and grumbling about transports and awful lore that even a company as blockheaded as GW has to have picked up on it. Secondly, I recall BBF throwing a huge anti-Valrak stink when the BT stuff was dropping, and all that + most things since have come true. 

I'm much more of a tabletop game watcher than a hype-sharing watcher, so Valrak's content isn't normally for me, but the guy is a pretty good source these days. Credit where credit is due. He and Auspex stay on top of this stuff, both from within the forums and elsewhere, and I think Valrak has more direct line sources than Auspex, who is just good at collecting and summing up.

I tried to follow what happened here and not sure I could.

Someone said Firstborn/primaris are going away as a distinction. Someone else got upset because they somehow know that is not true. I think that same person has been tremendously wrong in the past (Black Templars) but not sure. Somehow Valrak's terminator rumors got wrapped up in this, and thats the best I can do. Is that right?

Yep. I haven't watched Valrak's video persoanlly, so I don't know if he's where the Primaris keyword going away is originally from. But BFF is normally wrong about this kind of thing. He threatened to rub it in our faces during the BT drops too. The statline he posted for new terminators was also pretty wishlisty, so I'm calling foul on his source. For the purposes of this thread I wouldn't put much weight in any BFF predictions.

I'm also personally hoping the scale doesn't go up too much for new terminators. It's already a little bit weird, bigflation is a problem. I want big chonky boys but not too big.

Edited by Brother Tyler
swear dodge removed

=][= The Mod team have discussed this topic and since it has exhausted its potential with limited information, devolving into off topic discussion, it's time to close the topic. =][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif.22140c99a8a9c9cb635541200bb991d9.gif

Edited by Captain Idaho