New Firstborn Terminators [Rumour]

WARMASTER_

So Valrak has just posted a video with said rumour and to be fair apart from a few things he’s never really wrong 

Im honestly super happy about the news! Being a grumpy old mn [By which I mean early 30’s in my case] all I really ever wanted from SM’s was the OG marines at a better scale 

If true do we think we’ll see more kits Tactical’s etc? personally I’d say yes,I think it’s a very smart business move + Might win back a lot of goodwill with the older fans 

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

New first born models for 40k:ermm:

I wouldn't wanna put money on it:laugh:

There's a reason why copyrightable (primaris) marines exist:tongue:

That’s not really valid though with copyrightable names. We’ve had many Firstborn kits since the whole “Copyright” incident, just to name a few that stand out for this point, MKVI tactical squad or Chaos Space Marines for instance 

It definitely wasn’t wholly a Copyright issue it was the fact the sculptor wanted to move forward with the marine range without so many boundaries on the sculpts [To very mixed results] 

Edited by WARMASTER_
Grammar

I actually believe that we will eventually get new Firstborn for 40k. Just not for a long time, and current Firstborn might disappear first. The thing is, GW will eventually run into the same problem with Primaris that they did with Firstborn, that there's just no more design space for them and the range is over-saturated with units competing for the same tabletop role. Alongside this, by then they'll have a lovely selection of well proportioned and scaled Firstborn in the Horus Heresy range just begging for 40k players to buy them. It'd be foolish not to resurrect Firstborn with new MkVII/VIII at that point, as all the other Mks will already be covered. They'd probably need to split them off into two different Codexes, but I'm sure they can come up with some contrived lore reason why Firstborn and Primaris are now operating independently, with more restrictive lists akin to World Eaters/Khorne Daemons allowing them to mix.

What new thing did Valrak say?

I don't see new Terminators as a herald of new Firstborn power armour kits until the HH expansion range for the Scouring makes them.

After all, why make all new characters and resculpts Primaris if they're making new Firstborn?

2 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

What new thing did Valrak say?

I don't see new Terminators as a herald of new Firstborn power armour kits until the HH expansion range for the Scouring makes them.

After all, why make all new characters and resculpts Primaris if they're making new Firstborn?

That Firstborn Terminators will be the in the 10th edition box set 

I think the reasons would be Money firstly as the know the product would sell a LOT and second the Firstborn and still very much within the setting lore wise so it adds to the design space 

Edited by WARMASTER_

Could be possible, don’t think firstborn are going anywhere for a bit. The rumours have been consistent on this for a while, at the very least they don’t have primaris in the name, presumably they won’t have the keyword, so yeah new unit to go in land raiders!

I mean, they do need to keep Firstborn around if GW wants to do anything with the Badab War, 1st and 2nd Tyrannic Wars (including Battle of Maccragge), Armageddon or anything from the 10K of history between 30K and 40K.

But I don't see it by the 40K team. Maybe 30K yes.

New Terminators, if Firstborn, are an exception to bring them into line with Chaos Marines I reckon and tie them into 30K.

Still this is something I can't lose on - if I'm wrong I get new models eh!

Edited by Captain Idaho

Instead of a first step for new firstborn kits this might be the first step to handwave the difference between primaris and firstborn.

So instead of it being a distinctly firstborn unit it's a squad of distinctly indomitus pattern TDA with a handwaved filling of either marine type. Because the armour is what makes the unit.

3 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Valraks Sources say Firstborn, BBF's sources say primaris.

Makes me think one source has seen the models while the other has seen the datasheet.

Probably this. They may look like upscaled/refined sculpt Terminators but have the Primaris keyword.

14 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Valraks Sources say Firstborn, BBF's sources say primaris.

Makes me think one source has seen the models while the other has seen the datasheet.

I can confirm my source has only seen the models, NOT the data sheet, on that note go a very interesting video incoming soon on it all :smile:

EDIT: WORDS

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak