Forge World FAQ

The Pounder

Thought that this warranted it’s own discussion.

First thing that jumped straight at me was that the Artillery Carriages have gained the Platoon and Regimental keywords!

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t that mean I can issue the “take aim” order on them?

If that’s right then my Artillery would be back on the menu!!

Please post any of your impressions from this update.

1 hour ago, crimsondave said:

None of the tanks got turret weapon.  Weird.  Demolisher cannon has it built in the profile so a weapon not on a turret on the tank is the only one in the book that gets the turret weapon rule?

Fw units are just on life support, they will die and be forgotten eventually:laugh::sad:

While I don't necessarily share the jovial cynism of Brother Ming here, it's clear that they've done the bare minimum in terms of KW-adjustments, to make the FW units usable with the new codex. Which is what usually happens. You won't see an actual rules overhaul until a new Imperiao Armour book, whenever that may be, or in a FAQ/dataslate if something turns out out to be stupid.

In the meantime, enjoy whatever weirdness is currently possible while it lasts.

I think everyone here hasn't realised just how good DKOK Riders are now:

- Fix Bayonets! gives them essentially WS3+. Their lances become AP-4 and savage claws become AP-2. Then AoC was just removed. That's a massive increase to their damage and besides you should be taking them for durability anyway.

- Speaking of durability you can give them the Take Cover! order now. Pushing their save to 3+ which is nice. You could also take Industrial Efficiency which allows them to ignore AP-1. Nightshoud really benefits them as it's even easier to cast now, and forces to Hit rolls of 1-3 to fail.

- Then there's all the other support they can get. Recon Operators gives them a 6 inch pre-game move, Swift as the Wind gives them +2 Movement and +1 to Charge rolls, Cult of Sacrifice stacks with Fix Bayonets! meaning you'll still get +1 to Hit in melee even with a -1, Commissars can make them Obsec or let them fall back and charge.

Then there's the DKOK Rider Commander who's cheaper than the Castellan, has a way better datasheet, and provides the same order. They're also not Commandant so you can take 3 of them in one detachment.

Honestly, with the new Ark of Omen detachment running both is super viable. 

- 3 Rough Rider units kill the biggest threats.

- 3 Deathrider units hold objectives and kill smaller threats. 

They’re actually pretty balanced against each other. What Rough Riders lack in durability is made up for by Deathriders, and vice versa.

5 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

I’m trying to build a list for an upcoming event at my local club.

I’m using BattleScribe but I’m unable to add my Death Korps units.

Am I missing something? Or is it just a case of waiting for an update?

I don't think it's been updated yet. Just make the rest of the list and hand right the others into it. 

23 hours ago, jarms48 said:

I don't think it's been updated yet. Just make the rest of the list and hand right the others into it. 

no it has, you just have to manually update the data and make sure you select delete previous data

Edited by Hiroitchi