2k Experimental List for Arks of Omen

BLACK BLΠFLY

Here’s a list I’m considering for my next league…

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [1,990pts, 4CP] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Ultramarines

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Heavy Support

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Game Type: 5. Chapter Approved: Arks of Omen

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius: 2) Might of Heroes, 4) Psychic Scourge, 6) Psychic Fortress (Aura)

Librarian: 2) Scryer's Gaze, 6) Empyric Channeling, Boltgun, Force stave

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad: Helix gauntlet
. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Master-Crafted Weapon, Stratagem: Honoured Sergeant, Thunder hammer

+ Elites +

Ancient in Terminator Armour [-2CP]: Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter
. Powerfist and Storm Bolter

Apothecary [-1CP]: Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

Relic Terminator Squad: Grenade harness
. Relic Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-bolter
. Relic Terminator Sergeant: Chainfist, Plasma blaster

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad: 4x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

+ Heavy Support +

Centurion Devastator Squad
. Centurion: Hurricane bolter, Two Lascannons
. Centurion: Hurricane bolter, Two Lascannons
. Centurion Sergeant: Hurricane bolter, Two Lascannons

Eradicator Squad Heavy melta rifle
. 3x Eradicator: 3x Bolt pistol
. Eradicator Sgt
. Eradicator with MM
. Eradicator with MM

Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
. 5x Hellblaster: 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [2CP]: Nobility Made Manifest, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

++ Total: [4CP, 1,990pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Note the Ancient has the Standard of Macragge Inviolate. Super shooty plus a nice counter assault punch. It’s similar to what I used to run but a lil juiced up due to the recent points reduction.

Edited by BLACK BLΠFLY

Sadly, Inceptors have gone back to 60 points per model again, so that squad is once again 100 points more expensive than in your list. Which is a bit frustrating.

The rest of the list is an interesting mix, very different to the kind of list I'm used to running. I'd also been considering returning dev centurions to my list  - Guilliman's ability to let them re-roll 1s to hit is pretty nice, and they add a bit of long-ranged punch to an infantry heavy list. 

Do you have a second unit of Infiltrators? I'd definitely recommend upgrading one squad of intercessors to Infiltrators, double infiltrator is proving so useful in my games.

It's a solid infantry list. Plenty of firepower to march up the table.

Eradicators outflanking potentially?

Competitively speaking, can't move away from Guilliman. He's not as good as the leaders of some factions but he's still good I think. 

What are you warm up games lined up?

42 minutes ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

Inceptors are worth the points imo since we have a strat to reroll 1s… they come in and nuke something dead. Another squad of Infiltrators would be a good investment.

Oh we definitely have a lot of ways we can support them, it's just that their points increase puts your list up to 2090 currently 

BattleScribe must not have updated the points for plasma. I’d probably drop one squad of Intercessors. With Rites of War I don’t think that’s a big loss.

"Eradicators outflanking potentially?"

It’s always an option. :biggrin:

Hopefully I can get in a game versus CSM or Orks this weekend.

20 hours ago, Brother Sergeant Scarus said:

Sadly, Inceptors have gone back to 60 points per model again, so that squad is once again 100 points more expensive than in your list. Which is a bit frustrating.

The rest of the list is an interesting mix, very different to the kind of list I'm used to running. I'd also been considering returning dev centurions to my list  - Guilliman's ability to let them re-roll 1s to hit is pretty nice, and they add a bit of long-ranged punch to an infantry heavy list. 

Do you have a second unit of Infiltrators? I'd definitely recommend upgrading one squad of intercessors to Infiltrators, double infiltrator is proving so useful in my games.

Centurion Devs are not CORE so they can only use his less effective Bubble, something hard to swallow with 25% of your points that will potentially crowd out something else in that footprint.  Additionally, they don't get Bolter Discipline with their Hurricanes.  They made Cent Devs a whole lot better, but that just goes to show how bad they are that I still don't think they're a good choice.  I like to pack Aggressors, Bladeguard, and Eradicators in the Guilliman bubble.  The points for Heavy Intercessors dropped off a cliff, so I'd work pretty hard to turn regular Intercessors into Phobos, Heavy, or Assault Intercessors.  

My Calgar and/or Guilliman lists usually look something like this: 

Spoiler

++ Supreme Command Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [19 PL, 11CP, 300pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost [3CP]

+ Primarch | Daemon Primarch | Supreme Commander +

Roboute Guilliman [19 PL, 2CP, 300pts]: Nobility Made Manifest, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

++ Battalion Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [104 PL, -8CP, 1,675pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Game Type: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

Unit Filter: Hide Imperial Agents, Hide Legends Units

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, 120pts]

Primaris Chaplain [6 PL, -1CP, 95pts]: 1. Litany of Faith (Aura), 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Benediction of Fury, Chapter Command:  Master of Sanctity, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Relic

+ Troops +

Heavy Intercessor Squad [7 PL, 115pts]: Heavy bolt rifle, Heavy bolter
. 4x Heavy Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

Heavy Intercessor Squad [7 PL, 115pts]: Heavy bolt rifle, Heavy bolter
. 4x Heavy Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 150pts]: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Bladeguard Ancient [6 PL, -2CP, 90pts]: Chapter Command: Chapter Ancient, Standard of Macragge Inviolate, Steadfast Example, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 175pts]
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Primaris Apothecary [5 PL, -2CP, 100pts]: Acquittal, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter

Victrix Honour Guard [3 PL, 55pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Storm Speeder Hailstrike [7 PL, 115pts]

Storm Speeder Thunderstrike [8 PL, 135pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Gladiator Reaper [10 PL, 150pts]: Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Gladiator Valiant  [11 PL, 170pts]: Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Ironhail Heavy Stubber

++ Total: [123 PL, 3CP, 1,975pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Basically its like making that Clint Eastwood "In The Line of Fire" movie only with Space Marines.  I ask myself, if Grandpappy or Papa Smurf were President of the United States, and this army was the Secret Service with all the gear and such of the Space Marine Chapter, what would it look like?

The names of the Rosters are Indomitus/Victrix based on Guilliman/Calgar Warlord Status. (Secret Service Code Names)

There's usually a healthy dose of Chapter Command in the form of the Apothecary and Ancient. (Surgeon General and Press Secretary Staffing the President)

There's usually a bodyguard (Not necessarily a BODYGUARD) contingent of Gravis/Stormshield/etc units to go rampaging with the Big Guy whichever Big Guy it is. (the Presidential Protection Detail, guys who stand in front of the President and Guys who shoot anyone coming after him, etc)

There's usually an infiltrating "Advance Team" to scout a head to keep the Big Guy out of a "trap". (the agents who rove out ahead of the Presidental caravan checking mailboxes and manholes for bombs) 

It keeps me kind of fluff, and kind of effective. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:51 AM, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I have a lot of experience with devcents and they always work well for me. The range and strength of lascannons are a serious threat, especially when you’ve got six of them. They are more survivable than a tank as well.

If you love them, you love them.  Go for it.  I was just taking a step back and looking around after the MFM drop.  DevCents got a big boost, no doubt about it.  Two Dev Cents are a little more in points than a Storm Speeder Hammerstrike  which has ~5 shots plus two GLs vs ~3 shots on the ML/LC Cent Devs and 10 T6 W 3+ vs 8 T5 2+ W - and flying 16" speed to boot.   Firestrikes are also in an interesting spot compared to Cent Devs.   But I get it, I've tried and failed to make a list without a squad of Mini-Calgar Aggressors for a while now.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:51 AM, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I have a lot of experience with devcents and they always work well for me. The range and strength of lascannons are a serious threat, especially when you’ve got six of them. They are more survivable than a tank as well.

So what secondaries did you have in mind for this list?