10th Edition Space Marine Boxset Rumours

Some information from a source who I trust who said the following is going to be present in the new 10th Edition boxset.

• New Terminators (HQs Included)
  • Flamer Unit
  • Veteran Unit
  • New Ranged Dreadnought

Did a video on it and more stuff if anyone is interested, as always, rumours are rumours, believe what you like :)

No closed caption option makes DoctorPerils a sad Frater :( could you relay your info in text format for those who can't put audio on?

Edited by Doctor Perils

4 minutes ago, Jukkiz said:

most likely, just with extra sprue like brutalis

Not when its in a starterset

Those are standalone etb sprues.

Could be that outside of the starterset its just an upgrade sprue ( though recently they designed starter sprues with separate release in mind ) 

I wonder if the Veteran unit is Primaris, or Firstborn? Because I've a feeling that 10th will be the edition that the existing 40k* Firstborn kits will be retired, replaced by a generic 'Space Marine Veterans' kit (equivalent to existing Sternguard or Vanguard) - and existing units moved to Legends.  I might be wrong, but it seems like it's the outcome GW are working towards eventually :huh:

*Note I stated 40k - Firstborn kits, albeit older Marks of armour, will obviously carry on being represented in Horus Heresy. 

27 minutes ago, Magos Takatus said:

I want those Burninators! A Ranged-optimised dread might be nice too.

The flamers are apparently a unit that looks like the Black Templar holding the Incinerator:

This would make sense if they are indeed fighting Tyranids. That's an army with lots of critters that could be made crispy.

I personally think this would be a great looking unit, and it basically ticks off another box from the Heresy style support squads.

warhammer-40k-black-templars-primaris-initiate-pyreblaster.jpg

@Brother Captain Arkley

Lol you posted as I was typing my comment.

According to Valrak that is indeed the case.

29 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Is this a starter set or just a boxed set for marines in 10th?

These will be the starter stuff for 10th, lots of starter boxsets coming out just like 9th (Commander etc)

22 minutes ago, Triszin said:

On the dread, same chassis as demptor?

No idea, mate.

27 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

No closed caption option makes DoctorPerils a sad Frater :( could you relay your info in text format for those who can't put audio on?

I put it in bullet points for the main bits, mate.

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

10 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

@Brother Captain Arkley

Lol you posted as I was typing my comment.

According to Valrak that is indeed the case.

LOL :D

That will be a shame. The cowl is just too long imho...

But its obviously wish listing... If that Dreadnought has dual twin linked Accelerator Autocannons I am so getting 3 or more :D.

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

25 minutes ago, Misterduch said:

Ranged focused redemptor?

The Redemptor is already pretty well range-focussed. In fact it has enough guns to make a Freebooter blush! The Redemptor already covers anti-horde pretty well with the HOGC and all-round with the Macroplasma. The Brutalis covers dedicated anti-tank with the Multimeltas, what firepower niche is not covered?

2 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

The Redemptor is already pretty well range-focussed. In fact it has enough guns to make a Freebooter blush! The Redemptor already covers anti-horde pretty well with the HOGC and all-round with the Macroplasma. The Brutalis covers dedicated anti-tank with the Multimeltas, what firepower niche is not covered?

watch the new dreadnough be armed with basically railguns but imperial lol

4 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Long range dedicated anti armor?

15 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Edit: double ninja’d!

Primaris dreadnought-chassis long range shooting. Valrak said lascannons and rockets.

Edited by Khornestar