10th Edition Space Marine Boxset Rumours

28 minutes ago, soviet1337 said:

I believe Valrak's real rumour was that non-primaris are going to be on swarm bases - so if you must keep using your ancient smolmarines, you have to rebase. ;-)

But don’t worry! They’ll get a new rule called “But Muh Firstborn Better!” And remain way more competitive and better points costed than those new fangled primaris! 

13 minutes ago, FarvegNugan said:

It's true there is no melee dedicated gravis unit. Armed with flamers, and two powerfists. I don't have several of them either...

Wasn't aware something having 2 fists made something melee dedicated...guess all my Intercessors are really Assault Intercessors because the Sgt has a Power Fist :rolleyes:

Edited by Mike8404

4 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

If Primaris keyword goes then drop pods full of flamers could be fun

Plus what better way to clear swarms

Am liking Valraks rumours that gaunts are moving to swarm bases just from an opponent pov, moving 20 or 30 strong units takes up a lot of time

The rumour from another source was that there was a new unit type: "Hypergaunts" on a 105mm base. Valrak said that Hormagaunts would be getting a new sculpt. There have been no rumours specifically convcerning termagants. 

8 minutes ago, Mike8404 said:

Wasn't aware something having 2 fists made something melee dedicated...guess all my Intercessors are really Assault Intercessors because the Sgt has a Power Fist :rolleyes:

Well it's actually 6 to 10 powerfists to your Intercessor's 1. Calling them a melee dedicated unit isn't a stretch, especially with the flamers making them supremely specialized for 'close combat' if not outright melee.

Edited by Wispy

1 minute ago, chapter master 454 said:

Anything is an assault unit if you swing it hard enough

If I throw a unit hard enough, it's definitely an Assault Unit..and admissible in court :wink:

1 minute ago, Wispy said:

Well it's actually 6 to 10 powerfists to your Intercessors 1. 

It's also a Fire Support unit and not a dedicated melee unit, as GW has defined them

15 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Where the fudge did I hear the swarmbase rumour then? :eek:

from here quite a while ago ;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/vqo5yk/2023_10th_edition_roadmap/

edit:

I think its where the slew of 10th edition rumors started so might be the reason why it stuck in your mind among all the many rumors since then ;)

Edited by TheMawr