He's a pretty nice beatstick for his points, I think definitely worth it. Arks of Omen makes elite characters easier to take without sacrificing a real elite slot.

In my personal experience, he hasn't done anything, as he happened to be what got splatted pretty early when I was playing with my Black Legion last. That was just bad luck though, if things happened differently he'd've been doing better stuff. Instead, my other flank was what ended up doing the real work.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Good offense for his points.  

creations of bile can run as is, with Jim hitting S8 naturally.

Word bearers could through exalted possession on him for S8 and rerolling hits (to go fishing for sixes).

All other legions probably like him with hatred incarnate (for hit reroll and S8).

(it may be apparent that I value jumping from S7 to S8 quite highly)

Alright, the obvious silliness.  Take a Master of Executions with no Mark, then spend 2CP on Aspring Warlord (Flames of Spite) and Relic/Gift of the Gods (Ul'oka the Black).

• 6 attacks.
  • 6s to hit become 2 Mortal Wounds,  If in Wanton Slaughter, 6s to hit become 2 Mortal Wounds and an additional hit.
  • Str 7 with full rerolls to wound.
  • Each wound becomes a Mortal Wound.  Each 6 to wound is 2 Mortal Wounds.
  • Then the target has to take saves, with -3AP and D2.

If you can keep the MoE alive long enough to deliver them into melee, it's a crazy amount of damage output for a 65pt model.  But they probably won't survive any counter attacks.

Honestly, if not the low (for CSM) Leadership, the MoE would pair well with any of the daemon weapons but the Slaaneshi pair.

I think an Alpha Legion MoE with Faceless Commander and Ul'occa the Black daemon weapon might not be a bad play as you could reveal him when an enemy HQ is bullying a lesser unit and have him perform a six inch Heroic Intervention to mess up their plans immediately.

I've had some success with mine - he carved his way through most of an ork mega armor unit (their terminator equivalent) in the one game he made contact with the enemy.  I run mine with the Gorget of Eternal Hate - gives him a 2+/4++ which is really handy, plus an enemy only explosion when he dies.

Given that I play Emperor's Children, he's got the Mark of Slannesh - but if I wasn't forced to take it, I don't think I would as I don't think its worth the points as the "fights first" rarely makes a difference.  Does allow you autogenerate mortal wounds by with the "make a die a 6" stratagem, which I really haven't made use of, which is handy... but really depends on how starved on CP I am (and I usually am, given how many excellent relics there are in the current codex).

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 5 weeks later...

A nasty little combo is to run one as Night Lords and give him the Night Haunter's Curse WLT. You're automatically pumping out two mortal wounds per turn minimum. Add in Ulocca and you've got 3 per turn minimum IIRC? I think the auto mws proc Ulocca, but it's been a minute since I looked at the exact verbage on that daemon weapon. If I'm wrong, the laws of averages say you're gonna roll at least one 6 and pick up another two mortal wounds anyway.  Or you can go warps malice for shooting phase MWs and then mark him Khorne for the 2+ wounds on t4, or Slaanesh to guarantee another round of combat if he survives the first.