Echoes of the Warp

2 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Maybe its both? Or the focus on Baal comes later, and isn't specifically tied to the release of the terminator kit, but rather a range refresh of BA units. 

UM vs Leviathan ties nicely in with Space Marine II

I would be amazed if they don’t do a tie in lt Titus model 

I think this will almost certainly be the edition where they give the other more divergent chapters the Templar treatment. Blood angels are halfway there already tbh with the gladiator and brutalis. 

Shame ultramarines are the poster boys again, I was really hoping that blood angels would be poster boys this time around. 

Edited by jimbo1701

1 minute ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

UM vs Leviathan ties nicely in with Space Marine II

I think this is very likely to be a major factor in colour choices for the factions. SM2 is a high profile game, and video game/model tie ins can generate a lot of interest in the tabletop (even if relatively short lived like LotR's initial launch).

1 minute ago, jimbo1701 said:

I would be amazed if they don’t do a tie in lt Titus model 

Especially since they've just done a Minka model. Popular characters are always great to see in miniature form - and Titus was already a beloved character from SM1; SM2 will likely only reinforce that position and a Titus model would sell well, even if just as a collectible.

Look Ultramarines to me...white helmet, and that looks like the top of the ultramarines symbol on the pauldron....armour colour on my screen looks dark....likely blue.  Looks like Valraks source is right again....yay!

edit....beaten to the ult symbol and such by several people i see now....oh well!

Edited by beefeb

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

The Indomitus box had decals for UM, space wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Angels. Just paint them like blood Angels if you like Blood Angels.

I like UM, so that's what they will be for me!

Those Launch boxsets tend to be great value, I hope the new units are nice sculps, might get it.

I have nothing against ultramarines just that variety between editions is nice to keep things fresh. In the 8/9 editions this far that have had starter sets, they have been divided thusly:

1 blood angels 

1 black Templars 

2 darks angels*

4 ultramarines  

* the only editions to have chapter specific / sculpted iconography 

Certainly it will follow suit and include decals for several chapters, the point was more that all the box art / scenarios on the starters / promotional materials etc will be UM again this time around rather than another chapter. 

It fits their business model, is easy to paint,  ties in nicely with space marine 2 and the ultramarines have as much history with tyranids as blood angels (albeit more behemoth than leviathan) so it’s fine, but I had my hopes up as rumours were mostly pointing to that. 

1 minute ago, beefeb said:

Look Ultramarines to me...white helmet, and that looks like the top of the ultramarines symbol on the pauldron....armour colour on my screen looks dark....likely blue.  Looks like Valraks source is right again....yay!

I agree. It appears to be an Ultramarine. 

1 hour ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

22491-C8-F-BE92-4-B96-BF3-F-162-BDAED1-E 

99-CC7025-F003-4979-8411-4166-F69-BC064.

Need to see more of the full suit… helmet looks identical but there’s some differences with the armor.

This video is worst case, break glass in case of emergency, scenario for those who believe 1) classic designs or firstborn are going away and 2) think Valrak’s rumors are not accurate. 

Just now, caladancid said:

This video is worst case, break glass in case of emergency, scenario for those who believe 1) classic designs or firstborn are going away and 2) think Valrak’s rumors are not accurate. 

If these truly are proper Firstborn Indomitus Terminators, I will happily agree that Firstborn aren't going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future.  Would still be nice if people stopped actively lobbying for some peoples' collections to be removed from the game though.

Still, some actual solid, concrete evidence in the form of models that GW are sticking to their original statement that Primaris are not replacements would be extremely welcome.

It would be rather uncharacterestic of GW to start teasing halfway in a campaign and release schedule where we dont even have concrete teasers for all the final acts. ( but something being uncharacteristic for GW is far from impossible or unlikely, and especially the last year or so there has been rhyme nor reason to their reveals/previews/releaseschedule )

When you are completely ignoring rumors,  this thing teases Spacehulk more than anything else. An atypical spacehulk ( ultramarines and leviathan tyranids instead of blood angels and genestealers.) but that is not impossible. Yes you would think they would tease this with the spacehulk logo then... however, GW (especially the community pages) very often assumes we are oblivious to the past and are all people who just started in 8th or 9th edition. And when introducing spacehulk as a "brand new" product to us, its not unprecedentent the first teases follow the main game logo instead of the new game logo (happened to warcry before.)

However that works only for spacehulk imho, it makes no sense if this was for gallowfall as that is already part of the existing kill team banner.

I could really see GW releasing a new (possibly delayed already) Spacehulk game wich has upscaled terminators, while leaving the starterset for new primaris units.

In a way this could in fact indicate a release that is actually in favor of other rumors (that include no terminators whatsoever.) Im not saying thats the case, or the more likely scenario, just that its also a possibility.

Honestly, the only thing we can take from this is that there will be something involving tyranids and terminators. and as they teased it now I think we dont have to wait until adepticon for follow up teasers, if its 10th edition then the reason they start teasing now is because they have more lead up teasers (involving other units and elements beyond terminators.) between now and adepticon, if its Spacehulk or even Gallowfall (as unlikely as it is) then they start teasing now because they will reveal the thing before adepticon.

Plenty happy to get new Terminators models that are pretty faithful to the existing ones in any form, whether pure upscaled Indomitus or a remixed version - as long as they are visually Terminators and bear the Crux, it’s all good by me.

Not sure that this specifically teases any particular game line just from this simple animation, it will be cool to get those models no matter what (well, as long as they aren’t in blind boxes).

25 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

When you are completely ignoring rumors,  this thing teases Spacehulk more than anything else. An atypical spacehulk ( ultramarines and leviathan tyranids instead of blood angels and genestealers.) but that is not impossible. Yes you would think they would tease this with the spacehulk logo then... however, GW (especially the community pages) very often assumes we are oblivious to the past and are all people who just started in 8th or 9th edition. And when introducing spacehulk as a "brand new" product to us, its not unprecedentent the first teases follow the main game logo instead of the new game logo (happened to warcry before.)

However that works only for spacehulk imho, it makes no sense if this was for gallowfall as that is already part of the existing kill team banner.

I could really see GW releasing a new (possibly delayed already) Spacehulk game wich has upscaled terminators, while leaving the starterset for new primaris units.

In a way this could in fact indicate a release that is actually in favor of other rumors (that include no terminators whatsoever.) Im not saying thats the case, or the more likely scenario, just that its also a possibility.

they had been doing something "remember space hulk? good times" stuff recently

like this https://www.instagram.com/p/CpUptITsFgT/?hl=en

25 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

When you are completely ignoring rumors,  this thing teases Spacehulk more than anything else.

Space hulk is Terminators vs Gene-stealers

The tyranid in the teaser is not a gene-stealer, but looks to be a warrior or possibly larger.