Echoes of the Warp

33 minutes ago, DesuVult said:

My one worry is they get CSMed and lose iconic full squad loadouts.

I think the difference here is that (outside of DA and SW terminators), Loyalist terminators are pretty fixed in what they can take: Fist + Gun, Hammer + Shields or Dual Claws. That's pretty easy to make, even if it's two seperate kits as they are now

The CSM terminators had Power fists, Chainfists, Power Sword, Axe, Maul, Chainaxe, 1 Claw, 2 Claws, Combi bolter, Flamer, Plasma, Melta. Which they could all take in pretty much any combination. (Comparison purely as an example, not as a talking point)

I reckon your loadouts are safe :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

I know the chaos termies are better than the old termies, but are they really that much new scale? 

Well, look at the traitor next to the Ultramarine in that first scale image. He's only slightly taller, but his legs are way bigger and his waist is in a much more sensible place. He's slightly broader, too. It all adds up to a much bulkier looking model with more of an "art-scale" look instead of the skipped-leg-day vibe older Firstborn models tend to have when they're hanging out with the new guys. I have both kits (or rather, the new CSM terminators and the old Wolf Guard), and if you put them next to eachother there's quite a striking difference. They're substantially bigget than the Heresy terminators and the Thousand Sons, too.

Primaris are still going to be taller I think, but they're meant to be a head taller than Firstborn (on average). A heavy intercessor is going to have height over an Indomitus terminator, but maybe not bulk. I haven't stood the current Chaos TDA next to one of the Gravis models because my Primaris are all on their sprues, but I think that should be how the proportions work out. Basically, the CSM plastics are the size Firstborn "should" be in the current GW scale system that they set when they released Blackstone Fortress.

I'm hopping they take this opportunity to update the weapons.

The Hammer and Shield are a great combination for a melee focused unit, but the Tactical variant is very underwhelming by comparison.

I hope they have access to more exotic ranged weapons across the unit - For example the whole unit can perhaps take Cyclones or Plasma Blasters.

5 hours ago, ArielRSA said:

My 2c is that this is 40K and not kill team or space hulk because new 40K loyalist terminators (whether they end up being Primaris or firstborn) are a front and center of the new edition type of release and not a side game release

Yeah, I’d agree - the Gods of Finance have decreed that GW’s mainline games are on a 3-year edition cycle, and we’re right at the beginning of 10th’s scheduled preview window.

Hopes, dreams and rumors cannot defy the Gods.

25 minutes ago, Lexington said:

Yeah, I’d agree - the Gods of Finance have decreed that GW’s mainline games are on a 3-year edition cycle, and we’re right at the beginning of 10th’s scheduled preview window.

Hopes, dreams and rumors cannot defy the Gods.

It's odd the number of people who are expecting this not to be related to the most likely thing following the release habits, which is an edition launch.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

I hope they have access to more exotic ranged weapons across the unit - For example the whole unit can perhaps take Cyclones or Plasma Blasters.

Maybe we’ll see Terminators become more of a faction in their own right. A bit like how Plague Marines were expanded for 8th edition or how the Slayer unit from Fantasy evolved into the Fyreslayer faction for Age of Sigmar.

21 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

Things to pick out of this:

- Warhammer 40000 (so not kill team)

- leviathan colours - gives us the likely hive fleet scheme for 10th. 
- terminator that appears red armoured. (Though this could be the eye colour) 

- the helm appears to be a lighter colour than the armour, which would go against blood angels who don’t follow the codex white helms for their veterans. 

- slightly different proportions to the classic terminators, which could be stylistic or could mean simply a rework for new terminators (be they primaris or otherwise)

Its ultramarines, its always ultramarines

2 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I'm hopping they take this opportunity to update the weapons.

The Hammer and Shield are a great combination for a melee focused unit, but the Tactical variant is very underwhelming by comparison.

A nice option would be for them to freely mix like the DW terminators I’m happy if they keep the load outs classic though 

Then again I don’t really care about competitiveness at all in this game 

37 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I’m really hoping for something like the Space Hulk Deathwing game Terminators for the proportions 

Id accept the same as SM heroes though and be happy they were so dynamic 

I think the proportions are going to be more like the model you posted, and I hope that we get close to that level of detail on at least some of the models - at the very least on Chapter specific sets, but it would be great if they are still treated as the relics they are and we see the accretion of detail on them worthy of centuries-old suits worked by many artificer-serfs, even if they are retooled up with MkX type components on the interior.  Let the relic plating remain!

This is my basic wish list.

Upscaled, be larger than primaris when In armor, but not a giant compared to them

Anatomically correct.

- no shoulder sprouting from ears.

Slightly updated design. You don't have to go crazy but minor changes is good.

Better posing. More dynamic, less squatty potty.

Future proofed, to work with upgrade kits we won't know about for years.

Edited by Triszin

3 minutes ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Starting to feel like I'm in the minority wanting these to be Primaris marines in Gravis/Indomitus pattern TDA mash up.

I'm hoping the suits are updated in some ways. The old design is iconic but it could be better.