Echoes of the Warp

Colour me intrigued.

I do like the Indomitus (though prefer Tartaros) and have a  box of Wolf Guard, normal Indomitus and the old FW SW torsos and was planning on another couple of normal boxes to spread all that Wolf detailing so I'm interested here in either cross compatibility or people clearing out boxes of the old ones.

6 hours ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Starting to feel like I'm in the minority wanting these to be Primaris marines in Gravis/Indomitus pattern TDA mash up.

Gravis is so silly looking.  Please don't primaris TDA unless it's keyword.  Aside from the basic mkX infantry models, primaris models are... not the best representation of 40k...  

Grim dark... but we're shiny and new... oh, and we floating.

Edited by Xenith
double post

There's some nice primaris terminator fan art out there that i wouldnt mind having in model form. 

Thats not what this is.

As long as these fix th arms outta ears syndrome and are of sufficient height, they should stick a safe landing.

There's other improvements that could be made, one of the most notable being the storm bolter design 

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

1 hour ago, Triszin said:

Slightly updated design. You don't have to go crazy but minor changes is good.

Better posing. More dynamic, less squatty potty.

I think if the designs were updated like how they updated the new MKVI heresy tactics that would be great, small but meaningful updates 

Definitely! The SM heroes + Space Hulk BA Terminators really show what can be done with the designs 

I’m also hoping when we inevitably get the multi part kit a few months after the box they’re still somewhat more dynamic 

3 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

True. But to be fair, that's because having a consistent colour scheme for a product is important to market that product without confusing newcomers.

Exactly this. Really tired of the constant bleating about this here and elsewhere - it's purely a marketing thing, paint your models the way you want them.

I'm still pondering the title and the 'nid.

Space Hulk means genestealers to me, and that doesn't look like one. A warrior, perhaps the rumoured Shrike leader.

As for the title, 'Echoes' kinda reminds me of the space Hulk auspex ping markers, like radar. But probably not. Maybe for fleet being sensed.

Perhaps it's a reference to a new Leviathan fleet appearing again, an echo of the last. 

But 'From the Warp' - I guess that has to mean a Space Hulk. Hive fleets don't come from the warps do they?

Longshot guess - 40k boarding actions battle box to tie in with Space Marine 2 game launch.

Or kill-team 'elites' phase again, with super powerful teams.

1 hour ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I think if the designs were updated like how they updated the new MKVI heresy tactics that would be great, small but meaningful updates 

Definitely! The SM heroes + Space Hulk BA Terminators really show what can be done with the designs 

I’m also hoping when we inevitably get the multi part kit a few months after the box they’re still somewhat more dynamic 

While I at one point adored the SH termies, the scale adjustment hit them hard... and has been pointed out in this thread even the SM heroes termies leave a lot to be desired. 

Theyll need to do better

25 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

While I at one point adored the SH termies, the scale adjustment hit them hard... and has been pointed out in this thread even the SM heroes termies leave a lot to be desired. 

Theyll need to do better

I agree they leave i lot to be desired in anatomically but I think they’re a great example in dynamic movement 

18 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I agree they leave i lot to be desired in anatomically but I think they’re a great example in dynamic movement 

IMO, the SH Termies dynamic posing was not such a great idea for a game where facing is a key factor..

Hoping that these new Indomitus take some design cues from the Heroes 2 Series (separate storm bolter barrels, frex).

Edited by Old-Four-Arms

Whilst it is tempting to think this might be Space Hulk, i think it is more likely it is new Terminators and Tyranids for the 10th edition.

Rescaled terminators are probably one of the most sought after potential releases so it would seem odd to release them via a fringe off-shoot game.

I feel like it is more likely that the main 40k game gets them first (via the starter set and then a boxed set for a 3 or 5 man squad), and then a new Space Hulk comes out after with some chapter specific models/characters included.

Edited by Eptesicus

3 hours ago, Eptesicus said:

Whilst it is tempting to think this might be Space Hulk, i think it is more likely it is new Terminators and Tyranids for the 10th edition.

Rescaled terminators are probably one of the most sought after potential releases so it would seem odd to release them via a fringe off-shoot game.

I feel like it is more likely that the main 40k game gets them first (via the starter set and then a boxed set for a 3 or 5 man squad), and then a new Space Hulk comes out after with some chapter specific models/characters included.

Ha....:laugh: Knowing GW, After the initial FOMO Boxset which most of us will miss out on ...10th Ed will have New Terminators in "boxsets of 2 models" for $50.00  KaChing...$$$$$.

M.    

Just looking at the map, Western Galactic Fringe to be exact,  and  theres a lot of Imperial Worlds from the Macharian and Sabbat Crusades but not many planets really famous in terms of core 40k narrative lore

So is the setting the Nids possibly threatening Terra or a place for Nids to arrive but not pose a threat or the Nids become a problem for chaos too?

Edited by Dark Shepherd

36 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Just looking at the map, Western Galactic Fringe to be exact,  and  theres a lot of Imperial Worlds from the Macharian and Sabbat Crusades but not many planets really famous in terms of core 40k narrative lore

So is the setting the Nids possibly threatening Terra or a place for Nids to arrive but not pose a threat or the Nids become a problem for chaos too?

Maybe 10th could be start of 4th Tyrannic war. 

No reason they can't invent new important planets, I don't think we'd ever heard of Vigilus before the campaign books about it. Pretty sure Krieg is out that way somewhere though? Maybe it's further spinward than I'm remembering. The seventh Blackstone is on the Western fringe, for definite.

As for Tyranids being a bigger problem for Chaos, well, the Lanaah Rifts are on the Western Fringe, and presumably so is the Silent Forge, so there's potential there if GW remembers those things exist.