These are in the wild, and the rules are out!

343940565_190698917145414_4805411401922484407_n.jpg

Key points are that they have one strength within their short range, and a higher strength within the long range bracket. But are compulsorily Draining when at long range. With Maximal Fire on the Warlord variant at long range in addition.

This leaves them in an interesting spot to be honest. I'm not sure long range sniping is in the best interests of a Warhound's reactor. (Unless you have some decent heat mitigation, or maybe Power Transfer might be a thing?) You might be better off just running them in closer as a S9 two dice weapon is nothing to be sniffed at, and is therefore a bit more reliable than the Grav?

The Reaver one suffers from the usual problem with Reaver carapace weapons: They're not the Apoc or Vulcan.

The Reaver is a far better chassis for this weapon than the hound, because it can take the heat to fire it long range. But I don't see what arm weapons you could pair it with to make it an effective long range platform. You lose the option to take an Apoc, so are looking at laser blasters. But laser blasters are hitting on at least 4s at long range. The other option is the volcano, but you don't need the extra damage weapon, or another draining weapon.

The Warlord one looks fun, but, is it worth the points over the Bellicosa? I honestly don't know. It definitely looks cooler!

Edited by Sword Brother Adelard

5 hours ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

These are in the wild, and the rules are out!

The Warlord one looks fun, but, is it worth the points over the Bellicosa? I honestly don't know. It definitely looks cooler!

Those last four words are all the reason you need. 

With regards to the reaver version we could do with the arm mounted Apocs like the old metal ones.

Cheers

Vogon

Edited by Vogon