21 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

Look to be on 28mm bases from the side by side picture I have seen .

you think? to me the base looks the same size and smaller than the marine one just the gaunt has very different proportions which i think is throwing people off.... measured on my screen and its base size is inbetween the sizes of the marine and gaunt....???

Edited by Brother nathan

I’m going to be a dissenting voice; I don’t like them. In their own right, they’re fantastic , but compared to the old ones, not a fan. Too characterful, maybe. Don’t like the secondary arms (too big!). I’ve built and painted loads of the old kit, both regular and easy-to-build, and still prefer it. Might be different if I get some in hand though.

+EDIT -ITS THE MUSCLES. I DONT LIKE THEIR BULGING LIMBS. I MUCH PREFERED THE SKINNIER PREVIOUS ONES. CRAZY ALIENS CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT NEEDING BICEPS ABOUT TO BURST FROM THEIR SKIN+

Edited by aa.logan

17 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

I’m going to be a dissenting voice; I don’t like them. In their own right, they’re fantastic , but compared to the old ones, not a fan. Too characterful, maybe. Don’t like the secondary arms (too big!). I’ve built and painted loads of the old kit, both regular and easy-to-build, and still prefer it. Might be different if I get some in hand though.

+EDIT -ITS THE MUSCLES. I DONT LIKE THEIR BULGING LIMBS. I MUCH PREFERED THE SKINNIER PREVIOUS ONES. CRAZY ALIENS CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT NEEDING BICEPS ABOUT TO BURST FROM THEIR SKIN+

I can see your point as the limbs look a bit "orky". If you look at just the limbs they seem a bit weird but I think overall they will look really good on the table top once bunched up. They would stand out a bit more than their previous model. Im hyped to see the how the rest of the line turns out, especially the lictor! 

50 minutes ago, Brother nathan said:

seen it debated several places, what size bases do you recon these are on?

I think 28mm judging from the comparison shot . But it looks a bit weird as they have photoshopped the models in rather than putting the physical models next to each other.

I doubt they will introduce specific base sizes at this point.

25C0557B-F91E-4ADD-95C5-9036ED1585FE.jpeg

Love them. Those reveals make me want to start Tyranids and Seraphon. I must focus on what I already have. Starting anything new would be a disaster. I just hope there are enough alternate Termagant poses to make them look suitably varied.

It’s funny, when I first saw them without the comparison shot I was like ‘oh they’re basically the same, maybe a bit more detailed, cool’ but seeing them next to the old one like that is a really stark difference. I’m glad they’re not much different, just a better detailed version of the same design. Looking forward to the rest!

11 minutes ago, Magos Takatus said:

Love them. Those reveals make me want to start Tyranids and Seraphon. I must focus on what I already have. Starting anything new would be a disaster. I just hope there are enough alternate Termagant poses to make them look suitably varied.

I am in the same boat as you... well I admit I am a tad more hyped for Seraphon, the lizardmen on dinos really sparked my interest, they just got them soo right! 

Looking at the termagants they don't seem to have the ball socket anymore and searching for seam lines kinda reveals they are pretty much "push fit" but the good thing is their posses don't stand out too much, they are more generic so when bunched up they shouldn't look too similar. The main problem for me with newer models that don't have customization or poseability is that they are also in a very dynamic specific pose, which looks cool by itself but doesn't translate to looking good when you have a large squad of repeat models doing very noticeable posses. 

Hopefully we get lots of options and the releases have tamer posses :)

11 minutes ago, potatocrusader said:

I am in the same boat as you... well I admit I am a tad more hyped for Seraphon, the lizardmen on dinos really sparked my interest, they just got them soo right! 

Looking at the termagants they don't seem to have the ball socket anymore and searching for seam lines kinda reveals they are pretty much "push fit" but the good thing is their posses don't stand out too much, they are more generic so when bunched up they shouldn't look too similar. The main problem for me with newer models that don't have customization or poseability is that they are also in a very dynamic specific pose, which looks cool by itself but doesn't translate to looking good when you have a large squad of repeat models doing very noticeable posses. 

Hopefully we get lots of options and the releases have tamer posses :)

Yes, the Flayed Ones fell into that pit fall. Too expensive for a horde unit and too many poses that repeated too obviously. (Those Saurus Cavalry always looked dreadful in my opinion, these new models blow the old models out of the water, and the water out of the seabed and off into space. Absolutely lovely)