Refreshes for the big chapters coming

DA make sense to be first with Lion El'Jonson coming out, as well as that their main formations (Deathwing, Ravenwing) haven't been well represented by newer kits. So new stuff for them + Azrael + Lion + new Termies -> big release -> $$$.

Hmm, I might be in the minority here but all first founding chapters (Chaos and Imperium) should be getting the Black Templars treatment imo to varying degrees. I dislike when only Dark Angels or Death guard for example get unique units and Alpha Legion, Fists, Word Bearers or Ultramarines etc are left high and dry. I'm not expecting everything at once but it would be nice for GW to expand the various first founding chapters, especially since unique chapter traits seem to be going.

Edited by Subtleknife

16 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

Hmm, I might be in the minority here but all first founding chapters (Chaos and Imperium) should be getting the Black Templars treatment imo to varying degrees. I dislike when only Dark Angels or Death guard for example get unique units and Alpha Legion, Fists, Word Bearers or Ultramarines etc are left high and dry. I'm not expecting everything at once but it would be nice for GW to expand the various first founding chapters, especially since unique chapter traits seem to be going.

I think we would all love that problem is just realistic timescale, it took 6 years to get a Dante and Azarel model, major lore characters. 

Edited by Bradeh

It was a safe bet - contact or no contact

FWIW thats not me bashing Valrak or his sources, he's been bang for most things, fair play.

I'm just saying that with the Lion and new Dante, a DA and BA refresh is almost a guarantee.

Then towards the end of 10th, the Wolftime.

Edited by Cyrox

1 hour ago, Subtleknife said:

as a Salamamders fan I've been screaming for ages that we should just get proper rules for the 30k units.

1 hour ago, Subtleknife said:

While I agree I almost wish it was more like a host of weird, eccentric mix and match upgrades that could be used not just by named first founding bodies, but anyone - creating more heterogenous unique odd interpretations of the setting, and the true diversity of 1000 distinct chapters, rather than the endless repeats of the same 9 first founding chapters (who somehow are everywhere all at once). Like "fur" or animalistic upgrades, "sculpted body" style upgrades, Romanesque, medieval, bionics, feather, builders, artisanal, etc. It could also see marines become far more diverse in the cultures they represent.

Of course that won't happen, but it would be awesome if it could (beyond 3d printing bits)

2 hours ago, Subtleknife said:

Fists, Word Bearers or Ultramarines etc are left high and dry.

I agree with all but the ultramarines.

It isn’t anything against the UM, but they are literally the paragons of the Codex, so they shouldn’t have any unique units like the others that aren’t. 

5 minutes ago, Arkangilos said:

It isn’t anything against the UM, but they are literally the paragons of the Codex, so they shouldn’t have any unique units like the others that aren’t. 

the UM already have unique chapter units that the other codex chapters dont have access to. like Honour Guard, Victrix Honour Guard & Tyrannic War Veterans. They also have a host of special character units and named characters. Everyone else is mostly a couple of named characters or a special unit (WS have khan on bike).

UM havent been left high and dry or left as the default chapter, everyone else has.

At the current rate of release, everyone on this forum will be dead before all the chapters are flushed out with unique units. 

What we need is a quick fix. Unique units done through painting and sprues, like Veteran Intercessors.  

Every detachment (Chapter) could easily have its own unique unit this way. 

Guest Triszin

While this isnt a wish list.

Gw could make some huge super upgrade sprues for everyone aka bt super upgrade.

That would go a long way

30 minutes ago, Night Hawke said:

Honour Guard, Victrix Honour Guard

I thought Honor Guard were universal, but the models releases were UM. Like I’m not saying UM shouldn’t have their own special models, but not special units with their own rules. 

I thought about mentioning the Tyrannic War Veterans, but personally I don’t think they should be UM only at this point. I mean I’m not opposed, it’s just at this point they don’t have much of a lore reason to be UM only like they did when they came out.

Edited by Arkangilos

42 minutes ago, Arkangilos said:

I'm an Imperial Fist player with a very neglected army, but I disagree with this strongly. 

The Ultramarines deserve unique units and characters as much as any chapter.

They have their Honour Guard, and they could also have Tyrannic War Veterans, or some units inspired by the Horus Heresy Legion. The Black Templar saw every single unit and character they had cross the Rubicon, and then gain some new ones. No other chapter had received such support.

I think the Raven Guard deserve some jump pack infantry and snipers.

The White Scars deserve unique Outriders and a Khan on Bike.

As for my Imperial Fists, I'm really not quite sure. Perhaps Marines with Shields? Or a unique Terminator unit? The Black Templars have a lot of units that would have been associated with the Imperial Fists in 30k.

Lysander is someone that should definitely receive a model. As should Pedro Kantor. The poor Crimson Fists are the only codex chapter without a new model since 8th began.