Do you plan to use Indomitus Terminators?

3 hours ago, sarabando said:

Do I need any more than 50? :D yes. I was planning a BA army for the assault on the vengeful spirit of 17 indomni termies too. I may use the chaos ones in my NLs 

Screenshot_20230409-151316.jpg

How annoyed were you, when you saw, that Indomitus can't take charger anymore* and they gave them only the option which they also have in 40k? 

*Obviously every decent player would allow you that anyway, but nonetheless. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgoff said:

How annoyed were you, when you saw, that Indomitus can't take charger anymore* and they gave them only the option which they also have in 40k? 

Don't have my pdf handy can they take assault cannons? I know they can't take cyclone missile launchers, which is sad as I have many.

Just Heavy Flamer and a weaker Assault Cannon (unless your IF or BA I think).  https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/RZRGS5ADYjwUb7Ry.pdf

Edit: so yeah no Cyclone Missile Launchers, Reaper Autocannons or Plasma Cannons coz GW has forgotten what models they make (Reaper particularly is annoying as for the previous lore the Reaper was everywhere then was phased out by the loyalists with the Assault Cannon - hence the difference between the two OG kits with Chaos having Autocannon and Loyalists having Assault Cannon)

Edited by SlickSamos

3 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

very annoyed so i just use them as Tarty termies. 

They look perfectly in scale with Primaris and the new Mk6, they might be a bit big with older stuff, especially mk 4 and Tartaros but thats more an issue of them falling behind on scale creep than anything else, similarly a lot of the old Indomnitus models are just old or trying to blend in with those models and so caught in the same problem. 

Ofc we havent seen too many comparison shots of the new ones to be conclusive yet but they look right. Terminators have always been described as much tankette as man :D 

9 hours ago, sarabando said:

Do I need any more than 50? :D yes. I was planning a BA army for the assault on the vengeful spirit of 17 indomni termies too. I may use the chaos ones in my NLs 

Screenshot_20230409-151316.jpg

Indomitus terminators can use volkite chargers?? I thought only as part of a minor combi-weapon.

Anyway, is it worth, the change? I'm interested in do something similar with other terminator units.

8 hours ago, SlickSamos said:

Just Heavy Flamer and a weaker Assault Cannon (unless your IF or BA I think).  https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/RZRGS5ADYjwUb7Ry.pdf

Edit: so yeah no Cyclone Missile Launchers, Reaper Autocannons or Plasma Cannons coz GW has forgotten what models they make (Reaper particularly is annoying as for the previous lore the Reaper was everywhere then was phased out by the loyalists with the Assault Cannon - hence the difference between the two OG kits with Chaos having Autocannon and Loyalists having Assault Cannon)

I thought we'd at least get the reaper, so annoying. I might just have to use them as tartaros but I'll be home later and will read the pdf again.

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

They look perfectly in scale with Primaris 

40k stuff looks like toddler toys compared to most other tabletop games. That's why you can't use those "miniatures" in 30k. Only bitz.

That's why I said the new ones will look ridiculous next to regular 30k models because Primaris look  ridiculously oversized as well.

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Ofc we havent seen too many comparison shots of the new ones to be conclusive yet but they look right. Terminators have always been described as much tankette as man :D 

But not to this scale.

We don't play Orks here where individuals grow with their status. Terminators are regular marines in thicker armour. A little bit bigger is ok but not like that.

3 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

Indomitus terminators can use volkite chargers?

No they can't. That was my point. You can download their rules on warhammer-community.com and have a look yourself. They basically gave them the options they have from the new boxset.

I am even surprised they remembered to change "stormbolters" to "combi-bolters" and to drop the cyclone missle launcher. That's how lazy the PDF is written in general and Indomitus and some other units in particular. 

Units they don't want us to use like baneblade chassis or assault bikes got such horrible rules that they don't work even in the friendliest of games and other stuff is way to good for their points like Dominators for example. 

They tell us that those rules are still work in progress though and could be changed in the future whatever that means. The last time they gave us wip rules they never changed them so we will see if something happens in the future. :biggrin:

Edited by Gorgoff

21 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

40k stuff looks like toddler toys compared to most other tabletop games. That's why you can't use those "miniatures" in 30k. Only bitz.

That's why I said the new ones will look ridiculous next to regular 30k models because Primaris look  ridiculously oversized as well.

But not to this scale.

We don't play Orks here where individuals grow with their status. Terminators are regular marines in thicker armour. A little bit bigger is ok but not like that.

No they can't. That was my point. You can download their rules on warhammer-community.com and have a look yourself. They basically gave them the options they have from the new boxset.

I am even surprised they remembered to change "stormbolters" to "combi-bolters" and to drop the cyclone missle launcher. That's how lazy the PDF is written in general and Indomitus and some other units in particular. 

Units they don't want us to use like baneblade chassis or assault bikes got such horrible rules that they don't work even in the friendliest of games and other stuff is way to good for their points like Dominators for example. 

They tell us that those rules are still work in progress though and could be changed in the future whatever that means. The last time they gave us wip rules they never changed them so we will see if something happens in the future. :biggrin:

As a long time Ravenwing player I own 6 attack bikes and was using them last edition.  Now they sit and collect dust. So many weird points values and odd weapon stats it's disappointing but yeah if we're lucky they will fix the pdf.

My plan is to swap the heads to the IH Gorgon heads and use properly scraped Chaos shoulder pads instead of the more modern versions. This would be on top of making the chest pieces much more plain (I.E. remove the aquila wings). I feel making it look a bit more baroque would help match it with the era.

Edited by Spagunk

I don't plan on buying/building any Indomitus Terminators for 30K, but as I get my BA Legion force up and running it's likely I'm going to need placeholder extra units until/unless proper HH plastic Assault marines and despoilers are released so my 40K Indomintus might get drafted to fill the gap.

Definitely gonna use them to convert less weedy looking Gorgon terminators. Maybe even make some Blackshield terminators (if their rules ever drop).

Now, why ever that would make me rude or tasteless, I don't really know. But then again, there is this saying about pots and kettles. 

There's always been a bit of an issue, Lore-wise, that 40k Chaos models go around in Indomitus armour, Mars-class vehicles and (kinda) MkV armour. It's pretty tough to pin down a moment that combination of kit would have been in use.

But the Heresy is big, so do what you like. It's certainly not possible to claim that any particular force couldn't have got hold of some Indomitus armour somehow. You had entire Forge Worlds changing hands, sometimes multiple times. When the traitors broke the blockade of Mars they'd have been able to access all the stuff it had been manufacturing too.

It's likely that Indomitus Termies will be the best models on the market once they're released, which is a great reason to use them.

1 hour ago, Mandragola said:

There's always been a bit of an issue, Lore-wise, that 40k Chaos models go around in Indomitus armour, Mars-class vehicles and (kinda) MkV armour. It's pretty tough to pin down a moment that combination of kit would have been in use.

True.

1 hour ago, Mandragola said:

It's likely that Indomitus Termies will be the best models on the market once they're released, which is a great reason to use them.

And absolutely oversized which is a great reason to not use them.

And best models in the market is already false because I have seen a lot of STL which look much better than these and are of course as big or small as you wish. 

Cheaper as well. Posable as you desire.