Do you plan to use Indomitus Terminators?

33 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah terminators are supposed to be a head taller (and much bulkier obv) so like, 30 cm? Though some of that is above the marines actual head. If you look at accurate comparisons that's about where their eyeline has shifted.

If the Designers would know how actuall Armour works Terminators would be around the same Eye height as normal.Marines / Primaris but much more bulkier.

When i see the new Indomitus besides anything it looks like they are wearing stripper heels inside their Armour.

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah terminators are supposed to be a head taller (and much bulkier obv) so like, 30 cm? Though some of that is above the marines actual head. If you look at accurate comparisons that's about where their eyeline has shifted.

The head taller thing is from the lore, and i always took that to mean the bulk of the armour over their back makes their profile bigger/taller.  Not 'their eye line is a head taller'.  Where would that height come from? Platform boots?

Edited by dickyelsdon

1 hour ago, Bung said:

If the Designers would know how actuall Armour works 

Yeah, they really should have looked into all the existing examples of "actual armour" that incorporates fission reactors and powered exoskeletal reinforcement inside a vacuum sealed suit fitted with extra-sensory augmentations. 

I actually have always assumed terminator armor is kind of like stilts in that the marine's feet don't touch the ground. This way, they kinda slide into it more like a mech than armor. I also always assumed the same for the arms. I always thought of them like piloting terminator armor rather than wearing it.

20 minutes ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

I actually have always assumed terminator armor is kind of like stilts in that the marine's feet don't touch the ground. This way, they kinda slide into it more like a mech than armor. I also always assumed the same for the arms. I always thought of them like piloting terminator armor rather than wearing it.

d729cec57dcd169aee08f5607cff7bf0.thumb.jpg.19aecbe5d47dc18117e30b2395f7cf2b.jpg

fc2ded2f4cf25afb896797a2d741ebe1.jpg.a8077e4077c659e1d39b9f404f4ae6d1.jpgThese aren't official drawings of course but they fit the models very well I think.

They are not like Dreadnoughts...

which I also have. :p

cacf1fa3f1d389c0e4fc5d1d433d1fcb.thumb.jpg.3ac3f304ce3c2b60f383fbaf95b7c171.jpg

The Night Lord trilogy has a scene where they suit up and describe how these armours are worns and they are not like Battlemechs at all.

Edited by Gorgoff

3 hours ago, Stitch5000 said:

Yeah, they really should have looked into all the existing examples of "actual armour" that incorporates fission reactors and powered exoskeletal reinforcement inside a vacuum sealed suit fitted with extra-sensory augmentations. 

Doesnt change the fact, that those Terminators incorporate platform stripper heels to reach that height.

The IF Tartaros Preator is bad enough, but squads of the new Indomitus Terminators looks like old Fritz Potsdam Giants in stripper heels

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdam_Giants

2 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

fc2ded2f4cf25afb896797a2d741ebe1.jpg.a8077e4077c659e1d39b9f404f4ae6d1.jpgThese aren't official drawings of course but they fit the models very well I think.

The Night Lord trilogy has a scene where they suit up and describe how these armours are worns and they are not like Battlemechs at all.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying my headcanon is right, it's just how I make it make sense to myself haha

Whatever the "canon" is, the new Indomitus versions just look wrong next to anything but Primaris - i.e. utterly useless for HH. The more I look at them the more they feel like belonging to a completely different scale range, like older Marines being in heroic 28mm and the new Termis in heroic 35mm. Thanks, but no thanks.

After the many size comparison pictures and videos, I have changed my mind and will NOT be using the new kit. Instead, I think the Space Marine Heroes versions is probably the right size for HH.

That said I still like the new indomitus kit and it looks MASSIVE and scary. So fluff wise the new kit is exactly the imposing wall of metal and death terminators should look like. Walking tank indeed. 

I think the new termies look amazing and really nail the image of the walking tanks that they’re portrayed to be in the lore.

That said, in some ways, they’re an awkward fit for HH simply because the new sculpts are centrepiece models for a unit which doesn’t really justify being a centrepiece in a 30k force. 

It does give me a teeny bit of hope though that someday we’ll see some beefier versions of Cataphractii and Tartarus - even if there’s no primaris to squeeze into them. 

Yeah im paraphrasing Jes Goodwin, who if anyone understands what space marines look like... 

The Key thing with Terminator armour is that its based on an exo suit design with armour added to it, (like Centurions but not crap) so the marines feet are going to be a little off the ground, hell if nothing else why wouldnt the inches thick armour be under their feet too given the origins of the design? That or you lose a ridiculous number of plasma core engineers to having their feet burned off :P 

This does remind me that a lot of the older suits have armpits higher than the head/neck and that is always going to be worse than ambiguous height, so thanks for that :D 

But yeah walking tanks should be appropriately big.

On 6/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, Bung said:

Doesnt change the fact, that those Terminators incorporate platform stripper heels to reach that height.

Can we not keep using an essentially misogynistic pejorative, @Bung? A "platform heel" is fine, anything else is unnecessary.

On 6/20/2023 at 2:44 PM, Gorgoff said:

One thing I do wish these drawings would explain is a power fist - how does it relate to the hand within? Dawn of Fire has some great description of Messinius's hand within the fist, and when he blows it off, but I'm not sure I've seen a good illustration of this. 

10 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

One thing I do wish these drawings would explain is a power fist - how does it relate to the hand within? Dawn of Fire has some great description of Messinius's hand within the fist, and when he blows it off, but I'm not sure I've seen a good illustration of this. 

Theres a few examples of power fists with exposed hands in the palm:
144691.JPG

From Astral Claws Lugft Huron
maxresdefault.jpg

Fromt he old Resin Character Upgrade set
EoMMNPqXEAIsYUm.jpg:large

From Deathwing Companions

4 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

Thanks for those @slips; do you know who sculpted them? Gotta love forge world model design here!

There was the excellent old list for heresy on here, from 2015, but it didn't account for Lufgt or the later companion. 

Lufgt Huron was done by Simon Egan, and the Character Conversion Set was done by Phil Stutcinskas.

No idea on the Deathwing Companions unfortunately.

99560102165_HighChaplainErebusandKorPhaeron05.jpg

A~ha!  I knew I could get a pic of this.  Please have a looksee at Kor Phaeron's suit, he's like standing on stilts.

He is, of course, maybe the exception that proves the rule.  He wasn't a proper Space Marine, he was one of them augmented humans like Luther and Saulus Maegon of the Dark Angels, so he might not be as tall.  So is this proof for or against Terminator suits having platform heels?  No idea!  I just wanted to have some intel photos and we got it now.

Btw his extra butt armour cracks me up, like why?  Why do you even have that, Kor Phaeron?

On 6/23/2023 at 12:33 AM, N1SB said:

99560102165_HighChaplainErebusandKorPhaeron05.jpg

Btw his extra butt armour cracks me up, like why?  Why do you even have that, Kor Phaeron?

He knew once the Heresy kicked off, lots of people would be aiming to shove things there for him and Erebus both.

Boots, brooms, etc...

Edited by Dark Legionnare