Do you plan to use Indomitus Terminators?

Lore wise any terminator is supposed to be a head taller than any power armoured marine, in addition to being wider and broader. Then big lads like Abaddon, Tyberios or Arajak Rockfist are then larger again than the average terminator, absolute brutes. I like the trend of big characters like AoD axe guy, SoH praetor, IF praetor etc. 

On 6/27/2023 at 1:06 AM, MegaVolt87 said:

Lore wise any terminator is supposed to be a head taller than any power armoured marine, in addition to being wider and broader. Then big lads like Abaddon, Tyberios or Arajak Rockfist are then larger again than the average terminator, absolute brutes. I like the trend of big characters like AoD axe guy, SoH praetor, IF praetor etc. 

I don't. 

On 7/2/2023 at 7:54 PM, JayJapanB said:

I don't mind terminators being bigger than normal marines, and thus a terminator captain being bigger.

But arbitrarily large dudes I'm not a huge fan of.

I am. Amazingly huge dudes like Arjac Rockfist and Alexis Pollux and Pasanius are cool as hell. That said I kinda liked the idea of Tartaros being smaller just cuase it's like super high tech but after getting some tortuga bay ones I'm sold on big ass Terminators just kinda sad it's gonna be awhile before the HH get an update.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:56 AM, OttoVonAwesome said:

I am. Amazingly huge dudes like Arjac Rockfist and Alexis Pollux and Pasanius are cool as hell. That said I kinda liked the idea of Tartaros being smaller just cuase it's like super high tech but after getting some tortuga bay ones I'm sold on big ass Terminators just kinda sad it's gonna be awhile before the HH get an update.

But as the Pollux sculpt is rather old, He is just average height.

And i dont want Terminators looking Like a completly different scale than the rest of my army.

I think thats the problem for most older Players that already have an army or 8.

I was looking at similar discussions on new termies in 30k, and while im not sure if im ok with em in army of new scale 30k marines. (I kinda hate that my preferred Tartaros look like power armoured mk6 marines, i think i have to restrict myself only to pa marines/dreads/LRs to have army in one scale)

But when people complain about their scale and at the same time have rhinos disembark 12 mk6 dudes - i eyeroll.

I collect Death Guard and I will use them as I love the new models. Lorewise I can just justify their usage within the ranks as they might have looted them from some loyalist base or were given them by the Warmaster. Always been a fan of this pattern and as my Cata-termies are converted Blightlords and Felthius cohort (which in turn are larger then the old Cata-termies) then the new Indo-termies will fit well size-wise amongst them. Not only that but my whole Death Guard army consist of de-nurglified 40k Plague Marines and some Tortugas so the size is perfect with all ranks.

Furthermore I have already converted a leader from a Lord of Virulence that is already in Indomitus armor who can join their unit as a HQ or as the sergeant. I hope we will get Praetor and other HQ options for Indomitus armor in the future.

Big thumbs up from me when it comes to these bad boys as I am looking forward to convert them heavily, I might give the sergeant a power-scythe!

Edited by BrainGhostStudios

I don't plan on using the new ones, without updating my cataphractii with true scale variations. They're just that tad bit too big.

I have thought of using the CSM terminators and filing off a lot of the excess filigree. Keeping the skulls though because World Eaters.

I am going to get just one from a split set to use in our scouring-era Kill Team/One Page Rules campaign. Basically it was sent in storage, and when the excrement hits the fan around the garrison with the locals, they wheel it out to put things back in order :)

But I'm using kitbased Primaris minis so they are upscaled, I agree this new one looks quite big compared to the standard Mk6 heresy guys, although not ridiculously so.

On 7/10/2023 at 6:57 PM, mellowshallow said:

I was looking at similar discussions on new termies in 30k, and while im not sure if im ok with em in army of new scale 30k marines. (I kinda hate that my preferred Tartaros look like power armoured mk6 marines, i think i have to restrict myself only to pa marines/dreads/LRs to have army in one scale)

But when people complain about their scale and at the same time have rhinos disembark 12 mk6 dudes - i eyeroll.

Tartaros looking similar to power armour, being able to move as fast/ bit faster than power armour is kind of the point because Tartaros suits were supposed to replace all suits of power armour as the standard protection. Also, depending on which mk VI sculpt you compare to tartaros, Tartaros is either half a head taller or same same size as a mk VI. As for vehicle scale, the Spartan is the right scale for a standard land raider when you think about it as an example. 

On 7/10/2023 at 11:23 AM, BrainGhostStudios said:

I collect Death Guard and I will use them as I love the new models. Lorewise I can just justify their usage within the ranks as they might have looted them from some loyalist base or were given them by the Warmaster. Always been a fan of this pattern and as my Cata-termies are converted Blightlords and Felthius cohort (which in turn are larger then the old Cata-termies) then the new Indo-termies will fit well size-wise amongst them. Not only that but my whole Death Guard army consist of de-nurglified 40k Plague Marines and some Tortugas so the size is perfect with all ranks.

Furthermore I have already converted a leader from a Lord of Virulence that is already in Indomitus armor who can join their unit as a HQ or as the sergeant. I hope we will get Praetor and other HQ options for Indomitus armor in the future.

Big thumbs up from me when it comes to these bad boys as I am looking forward to convert them heavily, I might give the sergeant a power-scythe!

Would be very interesting to see your models!

I’m pro new indomitus terminators - the scale works wonderfully for me, as, similarly to you, I’ve got an upscaled force from tortuga bay, primaris conversions etc.

On 7/16/2023 at 10:40 PM, madlibrarian said:

Would be very interesting to see your models!

I’m pro new indomitus terminators - the scale works wonderfully for me, as, similarly to you, I’ve got an upscaled force from tortuga bay, primaris conversions etc.

I will make sure to eventually post some from my army of grey unpainted minis! I got my Indomitus in the mail now and the Lord of Virulence is EXACT same size and proportions as the new termies. Absolutely perfect scale together with the Mk III Death Guard models from 40k. Same size as the Blightlord Terminators too which is a big plus.

1 hour ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Now that I have my hands on them. I probably won't include them in 30k, but I'd put them in a revamped badab wars army.

Could you share a pic of how they compare to the mk VI ?