On 4/18/2023 at 2:41 AM, Sarges said:

I've played with this idea a bit further:

heresycopy.jpg.cb9323ac64b990375a155f0a7e098b8b.png

This is going to be the best use for him. A big. beefy Terminator Praetor. Slap some Cataphractii Arms from Tortuga on their and he's a big, mean, daemon summoning machine..

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the VI on the chest skull is meant to represent? I am pretty sure it is not Space Wolves as they consider themselves a Chapter and not the 6th Legion anymore. Plus he does not look particularly Wolfy. Is it a Company number?

37 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the VI on the chest skull is meant to represent? I am pretty sure it is not Space Wolves as they consider themselves a Chapter and not the 6th Legion anymore. Plus he does not look particularly Wolfy. Is it a Company number?

Voilà!
In View, a humble Vaudevillian Veteran, cast Vicariously as both Victim and Villain by the Vicissitudes of fate.
This Visage, no mere Veneer of Vanity, is a Vestige of the Vox populi, now Vacant, Vanished.
However, this Valorous Visitation of a bygone Vexation stands Vivified, and has Vowed to Vanquish these Venal and Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice and Vouchsafing the Violently Vicious and Voracious Violation of Volition.

The only Verdict is Vengeance;
a Vendetta held as a Votive, not in Vain, for the Value and Veracity of such shall one day Vindicate the Vigilant and the Virtuous.

Verily, this Vichyssoise of Verbiage Veers most Verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me
V(I)

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist being a little bit silly - I very much doubt it's their name. Company number also seems a bit strange given Librarians are free-floating. Roman numerals on skulls seems to be a trend with GW recently - Helbrecht has both an X an IX on his ornamental skulls.

The "VI" on the skull of the new Terminator Librarian likely represents the Roman numeral for "6." In the lore of Warhammer 40,000, the number 6 is associated with psychic power and the warp. It's possible that the "VI" on the Terminator Librarian's skull is meant to indicate his mastery of psychic abilities or his connection to the warp.

Edited by Sea Creature

It's a reference to a crazy dream he once had of a timeline where he had access to a discipline of six different selectable psychic powers.

He awoke from that dream in a cold sweat, screaming "SIMPLIFIED BUT NOT SIMPLE!"

Edited by Lord Nord

23 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

It's a reference to a crazy dream he once had of a timeline where he had access to a discipline of six different selectable psychic powers.

He awoke from that dream in a cold sweat, screaming "SIMPLIFIED BUT NOT SIMPLE!"

My favourite part about this is how everyone seems to love the six power table without addressing how silly it is that your strongest psykers cast the same spells as your weakest, or how from a table of six powers you'd only ever select the two strongest and never ever play with the others.

1 minute ago, Lemondish said:

My favourite part about this is how everyone seems to love the six power table without addressing how silly it is that your strongest psykers cast the same spells as your weakest, or how from a table of six powers you'd only ever select the two strongest and never ever play with the others.

Magnus also needs Hand of Nagash Magnus

2 hours ago, Lemondish said:

Spoiler alert: It wasn't ACTUALLY his favorite part.

24 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

Spoiler alert: It wasn't ACTUALLY his favorite part.

Truth :(

Two out of my three preferred armies had very poor options in their psyker table, and the third had zero psykers. T'was just havin' a laugh about the customization concern wrt psykers in 10th edition is all, not targeting you specifically.

3 hours ago, mel_danes said:

Not sure where this may be covered.

Can the Terminator Librarian use his Storm Bolter and Mind Bullets in the same shooting phase?

Hasn't been addressed. However in 8th/9th edition, models could shoot all their weapons, they didn't have to pick and choose.

I am assuming the same will be true in 10th or units like the new Desolators will take a hefty nerf.

Maybe. You couldn't shoot a pistol and a bolter in same turn in 9e.

With Desolators, it's 1 gun they are shooting that fires several things. 

With the librarian, mind bullets and the storm bolter are two separate weapons, so to speak. 

I would not be suprised if he has to pick.  

51 minutes ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Maybe. You couldn't shoot a pistol and a bolter in same turn in 9e.

With Desolators, it's 1 gun they are shooting that fires several things. 

With the librarian, mind bullets and the storm bolter are two separate weapons, so to speak. 

I would not be suprised if he has to pick.  

I think he'll be able to do both. The psychic powers have a unique keyword so they might not follow the regular weapon limitations.

I think units will be able to fire all their guns, going from the wording for the firing platform: that rule states the transport model counts as being equipped with the weapons chosen from the transported unit

The article here could be wrong, but it does state

Tossing around eldritch lightning? That’s a ranged attack, used in the Shooting phase alongside any regular guns you may be carrying.

Which does imply to me to that you can use both.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:47 PM, Sothalor said:

I just autistically hate any model wearing enough powered armor to mitigate anti-tank ordnance running around with a bare head.

You're right: he needs a hood. Good thing I have a bunch of extra hooded heads, though I feel like I'll need more.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:13 PM, Shinespider said:

Between this and Magnus I'm getting really suspicious of people who see any chest decoration as "nipples." The human chest is symmetrical, it's aesthetically obvious to have two things on it. If you can't see anything other than "nipples" then that's on you. 

Clearly the answer is to remove the from the mini and then cover the blank space with purity seals. :teehee: