The Muster of Worlds: Imperialis Militia Tactica

Lord Marshal

On 4/21/2023 at 9:57 AM, Slips said:

They technically did with the Cavalry since the fluff blurb for the mounts mentions anything between "Horses", Bikes, ATVs etc.

I'd replace the genestealer heads though. What are some good alternatives?

On 6/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, BattyVespers said:

Yeah, unfortunately that's a fact of life I've had to deal with as an AM etc. type player, especially because I also prefer infantry over vehicles/armored companies. That's good to hear about the vehicles, and I agree about the need to deal with melee, which is why I'm hoping that a combination of Pinning / Bound Daemons will at least give me a fighting chance. I'm hoping that the full Ruinstorm release will also give some interesting tools in that regard, but IDK.

What would do to maximize the horde potential of "Unending Horde"? What would you combine it with?

On 6/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, NemoVonUtopia said:

Anyone have experience with the heavy lascanon feild gun battery? I have 4 of GW's feild ordinance guns and am trying to decide if it is worth magnetizing it to be able to switch between the mortar or heavy las.

My impression is that the bases are so big that it will be hard to get them in cover and the low defences and accuracy would mean I would need more than 2-4 to be effective.

You should buy a Aegis Defence line for them.

This way no matter on which kind of table you play they are always in cover. You'll find it on page 229 in the rulebook.

35 points mobile cover. 

I think ever militia play should at least have that in their sleeves and should in general look at buying buildings for their army because you have the points to spare.

On 3/29/2024 at 3:08 PM, The Scorpion said:

I'd replace the genestealer heads though. What are some good alternatives?

The necromunda range has some really great heads which are the right size.

And the usual suspects puppetswar.eu and Anvil Industries have some very nice human sized heads as well.

Edited by Gorgoff

On 4/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, Squark said:

Jet pack recons exist to sell you Orlock wreckers.

I hate those models. Such an unnecessary extravagance both modelling and rules-wise

On 4/19/2023 at 5:59 AM, MichaelCarmine said:

Nooooooooooooooo, those Bastards!

You're right, i immediately went to the old loadout, where every Bodyguard could have one... SadFace... What do i do now with my full squad of MG42 Bodyguards *cryingnoises*

They don't even get the Command Vox to spread their Ld like Solar Auxilia does. What is the point of the command squad at this point?

On 4/19/2023 at 2:17 AM, No Foes Remain said:

Yeah, that's going to be pretty rough for any infantry. I wish that either Warrior Elite or Legacy of the Great Crusade would get rid of that sub-type for the Command Cadres and Grenadier to sort of show how 'elite' those guys are in comparison to the rest of the list (even if they are just up to the basic Imperial Army standards).

I deadass wish one of the Provenances were simply "this is a regular Imperial Army unit", who removes this rule and little else. No grenadiers as troops, no fancy guns, maybe squad Russes up to 3 max, period. The fact that it takes over a whole provenance would be explained as conformity ironing-out some of the most idiosyncratic aspects of the homeworld culture.

Edited by The Scorpion