Johnson and his Forest Walk

44 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

So he’s a warp touched witch who needs to be burned at the stake, got it.

Worse he is a deus ex lazy writing. See writing stories and conflicts on a galactic scale is hard, maintaining continuity is also hard. Now 40k does have warp travel to give it plenty of wiggle room, but that assumes the people writing this stuff know or care about keeping even the rules warp travel consistent.

Back in 8th they went all out with time jumps and ongoing narratives and having stories set before, during and even after the current timeline but they realized it took effort and skill, as it was in fact hard.  So that did not last, and they hit the re set button and rolled it all back. Now they COULD just spread the focus on more then a small list of special characters who have minis and not have to worry too much about who was where when, or you know make new dudes to replace the dudes who MUST have died in the grim darkness during all this time jumping war.

Or you take the lazy way, introduce the ultimate get out of jail instant travel dude who can also bring others with him (as per his BL book), suddenly he can be pretty much anywhere at any time, its more or less DR who rules in the house with the Lion.  But at least its easy. 

I have a couple of questions for someone who has read both The Lion: Son of the Forest, and Arks of Omen: The Lion...

Does the Son of the Forest book take place before the Arks of Omens Lion book?

Also, does either of the two books go into any detail on how he woke up, and the chamber he was sleeping in inside the Rock?

If it just skips ahead to Dante pulling up in his truck and saying "Yo Dark Angels, look who I found!", then I really hope they are holding back some lore!

11 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

I have a couple of questions for someone who has read both The Lion: Son of the Forest, and Arks of Omen: The Lion...

Also, does either of the two books go into any detail on how he woke up, and the chamber he was sleeping in inside the Rock?

If it just skips ahead to Dante pulling up in his truck and saying "Yo Dark Angels, look who I found!", then I really hope they are holding back some lore!

Read and finished the son of the forest:

Spoiler

Pretty much nothing on why, where or how he wakes up. Start of the book is him regaining conciousness while he is in his "forestwalking" mode.

The timing of the spoiler article is annoying since my preorder isn’t even scheduled to arrive until later today. Thankfully it is marked as a spoiler so I can avoid it. Odd for GW to spoil their own product when the initial deliveries aren’t even complete yet. I can’t remember them posting up spoiler articles this quickly for past products.

I assume they're doing this because they're planning to refer to these events as part of the current state of the galaxy during the WarhammerFest preview on Saturday. Otherwise, it really is absurd timing.

3 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

So he’s a warp touched witch who needs to be burned at the stake, got it.

ALL Primarchs are warp touched beings by nature. Let me remind people that Guilliman feels a tug at what he refused to call his soul everytime he teleports through the warp, Corax has accepted his nature as something partly of the warp and became a shadowy bird daemon, Ferrus was a flaming being in the warp that protected Terra during the Heresy, Sanguinis infected his sons with the Black Rage when he died, and there will undoubtedly be more.

Being able to use their innate warp related nature is not like being a witch though. We know this because of how Primarchs like Magnus work and how their powers are used in game.

This new Forest Walk thing is definitely out of left field, but like other people have said, even the non-psychic Primarchs have a connection to the Warp.

The Lion has been described as being able to feel and overcome the energies used by an incredibly powerful Khrave psyker before the Horus Heresy, so there is some precedent at least.

2 minutes ago, phandaal said:

This new Forest Walk thing is definitely out of left field, but like other people have said, even the non-psychic Primarchs have a connection to the Warp.

The Lion has been described as being able to feel and overcome the energies used by an incredibly powerful Khrave psyker before the Horus Heresy, so there is some precedent at least.

It also may be tied to the Watchers somehow and wouldn't shock me if we learned that they helped him awaken the ability as he slept.

5 hours ago, Cyrox said:

Yes. AoO:TL picks up after the events of TL:SofF with no real overlap.

5 hours ago, Cyrox said:

No.

6 hours ago, BitsHammer said:

ALL Primarchs are warp touched beings by nature. Let me remind people that Guilliman feels a tug at what he refused to call his soul everytime he teleports through the warp, Corax has accepted his nature as something partly of the warp and became a shadowy bird daemon, Ferrus was a flaming being in the warp that protected Terra during the Heresy, Sanguinis infected his sons with the Black Rage when he died, and there will undoubtedly be more.

Being able to use their innate warp related nature is not like being a witch though. We know this because of how Primarchs like Magnus work and how their powers are used in game.

Where did you find this bit about a flaming Ghost Rider esque Ferrus Manus?

7 hours ago, BitsHammer said:

Heresy.

sanguinius is pure and his trauma is passed through physical genetics.

to the dungeon with you!

14 hours ago, Doghouse said:

You can track him by following the smell of pine, tread carefully brave Inquisitor for he has mastered the dark arts of Potpourii.

That explains all the censers on the DA kits!... It's to throw off where he might be coming from!

Seriously, I don't think I'm going to see one on a DA model now without having a small smile at the idea of 'the master of potpourri'. I may deliberately add more to my models in fact

With all the talk of Forestwalking, I was amused while reading The End and the Death (not a spoiler, well known facts and a minor detail)

Spoiler

when during the teleportation of Emps and his retinue to the Vengeful Spirit there was a description of "a forest mist rising"

8 hours ago, BitsHammer said:

Master of Mankind - Chapter 23

The Emperor joins the Custodians fighting in the Webway and unleashes a massive psychic inferno against the Daemons which take the form of fallen warriors. It sound rather like a proto-Legion of the Damned.

Shapes raged in the flames – shadows and suggestions doing battle with the daemons, their fiery forms indistinct and ever-changing. The fire-born avatars of fallen Ten Thousand, knee-deep in psychic fire and thrusting with lances of flame. The silhouettes of Space Marines, the betrayed dead of Isstvan bearing axes and blades and claws; half-seen sigils of slaughtered Legions obscured by the ash of their blackened armour. A giant among giants, its great hands bared and ready as it seared forwards at the crest of the tidal fire. The tenth son of a dying empire, so briefly reborn in his father’s immolating wrath.