Warhammer Fest 40k

Also confirmed on WarCom:

The Leviathan box will be available to order in June, and will be the first place to get your hands on the new Tyranids and Space Marines. The Leviathan book is exclusive to this box and its contents, though all the rules – and the Crusade section – will be available separately soon after.

1 hour ago, beefeb said:

They didnt answer whether the starter box with unique rulebook cover will be limited numbers...oh dear!

They kind of have, as they called it the “launch box” and not a starter box.

it’s an Indomitus/octarius/whatever the AOS box name was box that consists of both factions new combat patrol kits

Edited by excelite

Short analysis of the sprue image below:

• On the right we can see the Terminator Captain and the Winged Tyranid Prime sprues are connected so they will probably be part of the starter sets like the Overlord/Captain and Royal Warden/Lieutenant in the current sets
  • Below is the Psychophage which seems to be on its own sprue so can be released separately
  • Bottom right is the dreadnought again on its own two sprues so separate release possible, though I would still expect a multipart kit for better posability, might be part of a starter set?
  • To the left a Termagant sprues, more on the left and on top. In the shot before this where the box is opened you can see that its three different sprues and if I count correctly with 10x Termagants on them so should be 2x3 sprues for 6 sprues in total for 20x Termagants
  • Next is the Screamer Killer/Neurotyrant sprue, as I wouldn't expect them to get multipart releases they will probably be a Honoured of the Chapter/Royal Court type webstore exclusive
  • Bottom left is hard to make out but I think its one the doubled up Infernus Squad sprues?
  • Above is another of the Termagant sprues and the Terminator Librarian. This one isn't connected to another sprue so probably won't be in a starter set but will be a single release instead.
  • Second Infernus Squad next, seems to be a standard 5x sprue that will be doubled up, will probably get a separate release as all SM units except suppressors got one eventually but not sure if they need one so maybe not? Maybe with a heavy Pyreblaster option?
  • Von Ryan’s Leapers next, again solo sprue so can be released separately and another Termagant on the right. 
  • After that we have the Gravis Apothecary. While it seems like it has sprue connection nubs, there isn't another Tyranid leader to pair it with for a starter set so no idea what is going on here?
  • Sternguard Veteran Squad next,again solo sprue so can be released separately though they could really use a multipart release for many weapon and decoration options.
  • Last sprue in the top right is again hard to make out, looks like SM so might be the Lieutenant

Whats still missing are the Termintors, the Neurogaunts and the Barbgaunts.

They say 13 sprues but if I count every sprue that is connected in the machine as one (so all 3 Termagant sprues and the two dreadnought sprues count as 1 and the Captain and Flyprime also count as one) and ignore doubled up sprues that would still be 14 sprues so I'm missing something here.
It would add up of the Neurogaunts and Barbgaunts are on the same sprue but I don't think they could fit 10x Nerogaunts and 5x Barbgaunts on one sprue.

Edit: based on a shot of the instructions later in the video it actually seems like Neurogaunts and Barbgaunts are on the same sprue that might be doubled up?

Spoiler
  1. Captain/Flyprime
  2. Psychophage

3. Dreadnought

4. Termagants

5. Screamer-Killer/Neurotyrant

6. Librarian

7. Infernus Squad

8. Von Ryan’s Leapers

9. Apothecary

10. Sternguard Veterans

11. Lieutenant

12. Terminators

13. Neurogaunts

14. Barbgaunts

image.thumb.png.cb99f5083b2ac6b42af494d936c4d233.png

Edited by Matrindur

14 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Short analysis of the sprue image below:

• On the right we can see the Terminator Captain and the Winged Tyranid Prime sprues are connected so they will probably be part of the starter sets like the Overlord/Captain and Royal Warden/Lieutenant in the current sets
  • Below is the Psychophage which seems to be on its own sprue so can be released separately
  • Bottom right is the dreadnought again on its own two sprues so separate release possible, though I would still expect a multipart kit for better posability, might be part of a starter set?
  • To the left a Termagant sprues, more on the left and on top. In the shot before this where the box is opened you can see that its three different sprues and if I count correctly with 10x Termagants on them so should be 2x3 sprues for 6 sprues in total for 20x Termagants
  • Next is the Screamer Killer/Neurotyrant sprue, as I wouldn't expect them to get multipart releases and these are exactly what's missing from the new Combat Patrol they will probably be a Honoured of the Chapter/Royal Court type webstore exclusive
  • Bottom left is hard to make out but I think its one the doubled up Infernus Squad sprues?
  • Above is another of the Termagant sprues and the Terminator Librarian. This one isn't connected to another sprue so probably won't be in a starter set but will be a single release instead.
  • Second Infernus Squad next, seems to be a standard 5x sprue that will be doubled up, will probably get a separate release as all SM units except suppressors got one eventually but not sure if they need one so maybe not? Maybe with a heavy Pyreblaster option?
  • Von Ryan’s Leapers next, again solo sprue so can be released separately and another Termagant on the right. 
  • After that we have the Gravis Apothecary. While it seems like it has sprue connection nubs, there isn't another Tyranid leader to pair it with for a starter set so no idea what is going on here?
  • Sternguard Veteran Squad next,again solo sprue so can be released separately though they could really use a multipart release for many weapon and decoration options.
  • Last sprue in the top right is again hard to make out, looks like SM so might be the Lieutenant

Whats still missing are the Termintors, the Neurogaunts and the Barbgaunts. All of them should be on their own sprues as the Barbgaunts are included in the Combat Patrol while the Neurogaunts aren't so they can't share a sprue and the Terminators are the only SM unit left

They say 13 sprues but if I count every sprue that is connected in the machine as one (so all 3 Termagant sprues and the two dreadnought sprues count as 1 and the Captain and Flyprime also count as one) and ignore doubled up sprues that would still be 14 sprues so I'm missing something here

Hide contents
  1. Captain/Flyprime
  2. Psychophage

3. Dreadnought

4. Termagants

5. Screamer-Killer/Neurotyrant

6. Librarian

7. Infernus Squad

8. Von Ryan’s Leapers

9. Apothecary

10. Sternguard Veterans

11. Lieutenant

12. Terminators

13. Neurogaunts

14. Barbgaunts

image.thumb.png.cb99f5083b2ac6b42af494d936c4d233.png

I wouldn't take the combat patrol as gospel as the article states that you can make a combat patrol from the contents, not that they are the combat patrol. We may very well see two different combat patrols hit retail.

15 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I wouldn't take the combat patrol as gospel as the article states that you can make a combat patrol from the contents, not that they are the combat patrol. We may very well see two different combat patrols hit retail.

Yea I edited it as based on a shot of the instructions later in the video it seems like Neurogaunts and Barbgaunts are on the same sprue that might be doubled up. Which also means the image they showed won't be released as a Combat Patrol as the Barbgaunts are on there, but the Neurogaunts aren't

2 hours ago, Arbedark said:

Did they at all mention the Indomitus situation with regards to lack of supply, scalpers, etc?

That was asked in the Q&A,

Generic answer that there will be a queue for webstore, one per customer and lots of stock.

Also nothing exclusive, everything will be available elsewhere 

58 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Given the emphasis on the Combat Patrol format, I'm pretty certain the main release box (at least the largest one) will be the SM CP Vs Nid CP. Makes too much sense to not be that, to get new players in.

Not sure how that works sprue wise

16 minutes ago, AdRoc said:

Given the emphasis on the Combat Patrol format, I'm pretty certain the main release box (at least the largest one) will be the SM CP Vs Nid CP. Makes too much sense to not be that, to get new players in.

Not sure how that works sprue wise

We won't have long to find out but just be ready for them to have different contents (though I can see Termagants being in the CP at the very least).

Prepare for the worst and all that. There is going to be box locked content same as Indomitus. GW will just get around that be saying you can get certain sprues direct (like the Necron Royal Court for instance, or getting the Warden in the Recruit edition box)

They might not replace the current combat patrols immediately, but the stream briefly showed the Tyranid patrol made by dropping (iirc) the Screamer, Tyrant and Neurogaunts from the starter contents.

9 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

They might not replace the current combat patrols immediately, but the stream briefly showed the Tyranid patrol made by dropping (iirc) the Screamer, Tyrant and Neurogaunts from the starter contents.

At a guess, marine equivalent would drop Apothecary, Sternguard and 5 flamers?

17 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

In the article it says you can build a CP from the box but not that that would become a purchasable CP in the future. Also in one of the videos there is a shot of the instructions and it looks like Neurogaunts and Barbgaunts are on the same sprue doubled up so that image can't be a combat patrol

Edited by Matrindur

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Another tyranid shot, also they said this would be the Tyranids Combat Patrol

image.thumb.png.19edbd471c34fc5b5bb0df0dcbcf1ca3.png

From the Tyrannid thread. This may or may not replace the existing one. If the kits can't be split it may not get a separate release, or it may end up with unused models like the CSM Boarding Patrol. At this point, we don't know.

Edited by Kaiju Soze

The WarCom article on the rule book:

Screenshot_20230429_134442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ec7937897a713d2e5d64eac722622d1.jpg

Basically, it looks like Nids and SM will have two Combat Patrols: one you'll buy off the shelves and one you make from this box. Remember, Combat Patrol may now have multiple meanings. Do not expect to buy the nid half of the box (sort of) on the shelves at GW.

It may be nice if it worked out that way, just manage expectations that it won't happen.

26 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

From the Tyrannid thread. This may or may not replace the existing one. If the kits can't be split it may not get a separate release, or it may end up with unused models like the CSM Boarding Patrol. At this point, we don't know.

I know that image, I was the one who posted it as that was what they said on stream but I think they just weren't clear here. 

How I think it works is you can use that part of the box in the image as a combat patrol for the CP gamemode but it won't be available to buy on its own as a CP

Edited by Matrindur

8 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I know that image, I was the one who posted it as that was what they said on stream but I think they just weren't clear here. 

How I think it works is you can use that part of the box in the image as a combat patrol for the CP gamemode but it won't be available to buy on its own as a CP

My apologies, lost track of user names there, and I suspect you're right about it.

If I were a nid player I'd be all over this set because for horde armies this snap fit approach is ideal. As a marine player I will think that I will wait for the proper multipart kits if they make such a thing. I do like the rules being free though.

Very much interested in the book for the artwork and lore, will probably hold off on the box though due to not needing the models (as nice as they are). Roadmap for codexes is nice to see this early.

Personally very excited for the costume coverage tomorrow as well as Golden Daemon. Based on their past coverage, anyone know if they're going to do a full showcase of models submitted or just the finalists?

4 hours ago, System Sound said:

Regarding the boxset.

Screenshot_20230429-151447-726.thumb.png.97c8f73997d1d17933f884e941a11948.png

First interesting thing - the return of the Queue system. This has been missing for a while, as anyone who tried to get a copy of a Black Library LE book or The Lion a few weeks ago can attest to. It was widely believed that the Queue software had been moved away from due to the cost of licences, maybe this isn't actually the fact, or maybe they're renewing their contracts for this release. 

Second interesting thing - they haven't learned fully from previous releases. Sure, making a lot of copies for day one is a solid strategy, so is limiting the numbers that people can order. But the combo of Queueing software and a limit on purchase numbers is a fix for a more limited release, and a surplus of stock invalidates the need for queueing and purchase limits... so why? The best option has been, and probably always will be, initial orders being fulfilled by existing stock and then leveraging a Made To Order mechanism to ensure nobody misses out. Make it a two week pre-order and a four-week period total to allow customers to place orders. Scalpers going to scalp, but if people can order (albeit with a longer lead-time) at RRP then they're not going to pay scalpers prices unless they're absolutely desperate for immediacy. Given how Indomitus and Dominion have played out in the past, I'm interested (and worried) how the launch will play out.

The silhouettes on the banner image do seem to include one more 30k/40k mini, on the right, to be revealed tomorrow.

Probably kill team. Looks chaos to me. Deathguard kill-team? Or red corsairs?

Or some heresy character.

Screenshot_20230429-194139-01.jpeg

Edited by Aramis K