Warhammer Fest 40k

Have we seriously not gotten any leaks or additional information on the actual gameplay of 10e from Warhammer Fest?  Weren't they doing some demo games there?  I thought that surely we'd get an info dump on rules and datasheets for the units used in the demos today.

16 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I believe some one posted something over in the space marine thread 

Found it.  Seemed like that information should be over here, rather than in a thread dedicated to the Space Marine half of the new boxed set.

4 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

But the combo of Queueing software and a limit on purchase numbers is a fix for a more limited release, and a surplus of stock invalidates the need for queueing and purchase limits... so why? 

The Queue system won't be to stop scalpers. It will be to ease the load on the GW web servers. GW uses Queue-It, an external provider. When the queue is active you're initially directed to Queue-It's servers instead of GW and then only allowed to proceed to the GW site once there's capacity for you.

So wee question, was this so far for attendees actually a good event? Online I saw one post that mentioned multi-hour queues (up to four) for demos, and the continuing lack of any designers (of any kind) attending or speaking at GW's events these days. That seems the opposite of what I'd hope for from a festival of warhammer (I guess I'd hope for a bigger version of the old fw weekenders...) 

For reference, a brief recap of the demo games as discussed on reddit and in the space marine thread:

• 2 v 2 games for better flow of attendees - Marine players had 5 Incinerators and 1 dread each, Tyranid players had 10 gants and a Screamer-Killer each. 2 rounds, single center objective, no secondaries
  • Datasheets used were simplified versions staff called "demo" sheets - not final, may or may not be close to the Combat Patrol versions of the datasheets. Different faction rules than present on WarCom. No faction rules or stratagems officially present, Marines were "allowed" by staff to use a fall back and shoot strat.
  • Combat: same general system, overwatch is one unit/turn and may still be a stratagem. Allowed for shooting at an enemy that ends its move, starts its charge, or ends its charge within range (specific range not specified from material I've seen).
  • Consolidation moves must end within engagement range of an enemy unit or control range of an objective, otherwise not allowed (no free movement).
  • Models cannot be on top of an objective marker, only within the 3" radius of its edge.

I'm more excited that a plastic lancer implies the other layouts on that chassis are likely going plastic later. I'd definitely buy the Castigator, but I may hold off on the Lancer.

Ooh lancer could be fun, i picked up the flamer one a while back but i always wanted a lancer. Wouldnt really use it in 30k though as im less keen about the armiger tax.

57 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

The warhound feels as likely as assault marines/ breachers at this stage!

Well, as plastic Assault Marines have just been announced for HH coming later in the year, I guess we'd better get saving for the plastic Warhound :wink: