New codex in Spring 2024

Harleqvin

I think this is the right way to handle it. I'd love to see the format of the book, but if there's a way to import datasheets or if the datasheets are not in the book (only on the cards), then I think splitting them back out makes a lot more sense.

Putting all the Space Marines in one Codex sounded like a fine idea at first, and it was for the reasons they wanted. But I think we saw that break down once balancing points/doctrines had cascading effects at the beginning of this year.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
spelling

6 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

There are Deathwing decals for them in the box, so I would guess so?

I think that's just a generic one size fits for all decal sheet. There are already Bladeguard Veterans with the same armor type.

1 hour ago, Isual said:

I think that's just a generic one size fits for all decal sheet. There are already Bladeguard Veterans with the same armor type.

They've already brough power armor back in with Bladeguard, so I think that's where they'll place Sternguard. We should know once we start seeing more painted examples.

Yeah. I wouldn’t have thought it likely they would have Sternguard be useable for DA, but…, it’s be weirder if they made a box starter set that had models that couldn’t be used for certain factions, but that also being said there’s a Libby in it and BT can’t use libbies…

4 hours ago, Harleqvin said:

Yeah. I wouldn’t have thought it likely they would have Sternguard be useable for DA, but…, it’s be weirder if they made a box starter set that had models that couldn’t be used for certain factions, but that also being said there’s a Libby in it and BT can’t use libbies…

Mine are definitely going to my Lamenters when I get the box. I'm going to wait to see what the index and all say, then consider adding them later if it makes sense.

I’m willing to bet there will be a new Belial (whether or not he gets rubiconed,) and a new Ezzy & Sammael. Asmodai is a funky chap to say the least so I can see him not going through it, but would love for them to make a Sapphon model (proper finally, and he could be rubiconed.)

I also see them doing a bunch of new stuff as we have a lot to be refreshed (like BT got.) Sadly, I see them more likely doing a Dw upgrade sprue for the new TDA instead of a whole new upscale version of our Dw kit… probably same for our Ravenwing bike stuff…

8 hours ago, G8Keeper said:

I don't know if any of you follow Valraks rumours, but his source is indicating a DA range refresh similar to Templars. Do we think possibly new Deathwing terminators or an upgrade sprue, couple of characters and perhaps a new unit, possibly risen?

new Deathwing sprues or an upgrade sprue would definitely make me pull the trigger on the army instead of wolves. I just think I’ve painted so many first born armies I really just like doing the Primaris stuff now. I think the updates sprues for the new Termies in the 10th Ed box could look amazing. 

that said the updated Primaris bikers look great but lack options. I’d be pretty happy if they did Ravenwing versions of those Primaris bikers. 

It'll certainly be interesting to see what they add or release. Deathwing Knights in the new scale or a new Ravenwing Black Knight/Command Squad kit would be fantastic.

If they do something with the Risen and make something cool out of them, then that'd be the cherry on top.

I imagine there will be a Primaris Co. Vets. box, probably 5 minis, probably repacks of the new Sternguard models and/ or combo with potential Vanguard box with DA upgrade sprue and decals included. For Terminators, I'm hoping for essentially an upgrade sprue that has 5 new robed torso fronts, hooded heads, and then a mix of TDA ranged and CQC weapons with DA specific iconography.

I personally don’t like the chapter conversion sprues. I don’t think it was a very good idea, or at least in execution.  I recall the old DA vet box you just gut a ton of cool DA bits. This is going back a ways but I recall buying these large DA conversion sprues that were really cool. You had lots of infantry bits and cool stuff that would work on almost any vehicle, termie bits, even dread bits and speeder bits. It was pretty awesome   The closest thing out now is the Templars sprue but it’s still not even close. I really miss that stuff because it would really let you geek out on some of your favourite units and make it unique. I really wish they would go back to that. 

The Primaris conversion sprues were just far too sparse in terms of what they provided. Even the previous Firstborn upgrade sprues were not really extensive enough but at least they had a few interesting parts like alternate torsos.

Blood Angels had a very good Tactical box (sadly OOP) that was blinging enough to make great Sternguard. They also had the Death Company which had lots of great parts.

Space Wolves infantry and Terminator sprues are just crazy with the amount of detail they include. I have been plundering my bits box relentlessly during 9th to wolf up my Primaris units and I still have loads of parts left.

It may not be so important for rank and file squads but I want my veterans crusted with Chapter-specific details.