Cerastus Knight Lancer (in plastic!)

2 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

The first of a number of plasticised Knights hopefully...!

This will probably be the next wave after we got all those tank chassis variations now, all the different cerastus variants

Edited by Matrindur

40 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

VEry nice, ive wanted a lancer for a while, weird how hes come out under 30k where Knights kinda suck though.

I imagine it's easier for them to use a knight to help bulk out the HH schedule instead of trying to fit it into a tight 10th ed release plan for 40k - I'd bet by the time the 10th ed Knight codex drops he's in the book (he'll probably get a 'full GW' index slot as opposed to the other FW chassis getting a FW indew too.

Im sure the other two may come, though Knights arent quite as simple as a weapon option sprue, the weapons in question are big and that means a lot of plastic, even before things like alternative heads and little details. I could see a way to reuse some parts on the other two basic variants to squeeze them onto one sprue but the atrapos wouldnt fit and has more greeblies.

I wouldnt be surprised if its run out like the Questoris, just the lancer for a while, then an alt kit with Acheron and Castigator instead and finally a combined kit a few years after that, maybe with the Atrapos.

I am super proud of my Castigator and was considering a second Cerastus if they went plastic. The Lancer was easy but most of the other Cerastus patterns have ammunition feeds leading from their guns to an ammo storage on their backs. That will either limit the posability or will require a redesign of some sort. Introducing more segmented ammo feeds might be a solution?

If I get a plastic Lancer (or Acheron maybe?) I can pose it to look like it's advancing compared to my more static Castigator.