Cerastus Knight Lancer (in plastic!)

1 hour ago, Brother_Angelus said:

$335 AUD.

Picked one up from Wayland in the UK and having family pack it for their next visit instead.

When you consider AUD includes GST that's exactly in line with US prices.

Last year I bought the Spartan as a HH/40K vehicle. I have just seen it sent to Legends. I won't be splashing out on a Cerastus until I see the full Knight Codex with it in so I can be confident that I will get at least one edition's use out of it. :ermm:

5 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Last year I bought the Spartan as a HH/40K vehicle. I have just seen it sent to Legends. I won't be splashing out on a Cerastus until I see the full Knight Codex with it in so I can be confident that I will get at least one edition's use out of it. :ermm:

It won't be in the codex, it will continue to be a pdf card.

However why not play 30k? And/or just play casual 40k?

I don’t see any reason why these things shouldn’t end up in the codexes now. It kind of made some sense when they were resin but now they’re plastic and sold in the same place as any other 40K kit, I don’t get the logic of not just folding them in. 

Note, this isn’t me saying I think that’s what will happen, in fact I’d be surprised if it did. I just don’t get why. 

1 minute ago, fire golem said:

I don’t see any reason why these things shouldn’t end up in the codexes now. It kind of made some sense when they were resin but now they’re plastic and sold in the same place as any other 40K kit, I don’t get the logic of not just folding them in. 

Note, this isn’t me saying I think that’s what will happen, in fact I’d be surprised if it did. I just don’t get why. 

I think whether or not they have a surplus or deficit of units in their codex is probably the decision maker at the moment. 

Leviathan Dread > Legends

Cerastus > Codex?

Just a guess though. Could come down to branding or something for all we know.

2 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

However why not play 30k? And/or just play casual 40k?

30K isn't big in my area. Also the lack of Xenos factions dampens my enthusiasm slightly. I mostly do play casual 40K but I resent buying a unit on the assumption it would be fully legal, only to see it booted to "opponent's consent".

1 hour ago, JayJapanB said:

I think whether or not they have a surplus or deficit of units in their codex is probably the decision maker at the moment. 

Leviathan Dread > Legends

Cerastus > Codex?

Just a guess though. Could come down to branding or something for all we know.

100% comes down to sales.

Leviathan sold well at first and they may have lowered stock enough to push it to Legends to let it linger there whilst they move resources to the new shiny.

Cerastus are the current new shiny stock, guaranteed they will be official for at least one Edition. Likely 2 or 3 with the other variants following. 

18 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

Boot people who don't want to play against legends in casual games.

In regards to pick up games, i just want to have a relaxing fun time, gw cant even balance their core units properly so any hope that legends are better is dead on arrival. There are so many army with so many units i just dont want to have to deal with playing some obscure unit that the company gave up on. And the edition is fresh, as the codexs come out more and more silly combos or synergies with legends will be found and never fixed, as GW has said they are NOT factoring them in to balance.

Dont put this on me, its not my problem. If you cant play a casual pick up game without legends then its a your problem.  I just want to cling on to that last semblance that 40k is even a tiny bit balance while i play. 

2 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

In regards to pick up games, i just want to have a relaxing fun time, gw cant even balance their core units properly so any hope that legends are better is dead on arrival. There are so many army with so many units i just dont want to have to deal with playing some obscure unit that the company gave up on. And the edition is fresh, as the codexs come out more and more silly combos or synergies with legends will be found and never fixed, as GW has said they are NOT factoring them in to balance.

Dont put this on me, its not my problem. If you cant play a casual pick up game without legends then its a your problem.  I just want to cling on to that last semblance that 40k is even a tiny bit balance while i play. 

Have Legends been a big problem for power creep?

I think the issue is in your head, dude.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/01/legions-and-legends-warhammer-the-horus-heresy-models-in-games-of-warhammer-40000/

If you check the 'Exceptions to the Test of Time' it explicitly tells you both Knights and Custodes will receive support for rules. Make of that what you will :wink:

7 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

Have Legends been a big problem for power creep?

I think the issue is in your head, dude.

I now have a tonne of Legend units, bless the GeeDub Overlords; not a single one is unbalanced.

I'm only buying Legend SM units now.

Luckily only our tournament crowd are too special to want to play against them.

I'll certainly add some Cerastus to the mix even though they will keep non legend rules.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

8 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

This is a community problem as much if not more than a GW problem.

Boot people who don't want to play against legends in casual games.

I wonder sometimes how people think this will play out in practice, out in the real world.

Boot them? Where to? By whose authority? With what enforcement mechanism? And so on.

I've been salivating over the Cerastus Knight Lancer since it first showed up on the FORGE WORLD site:yes:... :drool:... But the price always made me shrink from the buy button. Now that it's one wheelbarrow full of money less, I'm in:yes:... whatta bargain:ermm::turned:

grumble.... grumble... grumble. Where's my moderator hat:confused:... THERE IT IS:biggrin:

=][=

Concerning Legends minis... I'm blessed with a gaming community that's large enough and FLGSs relaxed enough where all sorts of games and their variants are not only allowed, but positively encouraged (for example FOODHAMMER and TANKSGIVING are two of my favorite annual 40K events :woot:). The only people who get booted here are unpleasant players:yes: I also understand that some communities are smaller and/or are less diverse in the style of games they like to play... and if you are on the short stick end of this (no matter which side of this issue you are on) my sympathies go out to you. Whichever side of this issue you are on, this is NOT the thread to discuss it in... CAPICHE??

Legends minis are an issue that will only be solved in the local game community. It will take patience and tolerance, compromise and some thinking outside of the box in order to be resolved. Don't expect GW to do this for you:no: They are in the business to do business that makes them the most money with the least hassle.

=][=