Cerastus Knight Lancer (in plastic!)

So sub £100 from 3rd parties with discount. I may save/stretch to that at some point though I'll wait for the other variants first.

Unless they do a new version of Renegade with these so they are effectively BOGOF I wont be rushing to get one.

Another reason I am going to hold out is to see if they release the different options as upgrade packs (possibly as well as individually e.g. like the Leviathan dread, extra weapons for contemptors etc).

If they do then I'd wait to buy these at the same time.

3 minutes ago, lhg033 said:

Another reason I am going to hold out is to see if they release the different options as upgrade packs (possibly as well as individually e.g. like the Leviathan dread, extra weapons for contemptors etc).

If they do then I'd wait to buy these at the same time.

They will release them as they did the other knight. Seperate at first and then maybe after a good long while, as a combined kit

Anybody know if these are available to use in 40K? I know we can attach a regular Knight to other 40K armies, but never been a fan of the current plastic ones. I’d love to get one of these chaps though to support my marines, they look fantastic!

16 minutes ago, JamPaints said:

Anybody know if these are available to use in 40K? I know we can attach a regular Knight to other 40K armies, but never been a fan of the current plastic ones. I’d love to get one of these chaps though to support my marines, they look fantastic!

Extremely tall and incredibly posable, this impressive kit comes with a transfer sheet containing 517 transfers with a mix of Knight Household emblems. You can use it in games of both Warhammer: The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40,000.

Yup :)

35 minutes ago, Scribe said:

With the 'bonus' Canadian mark up, what is that going to come to?

I couldn’t find something for exactly £120 to check but I checked a few recent releases and they were all exactly double the UK price in Canadian so should be $240. 

3 hours ago, JamPaints said:

The good news is that the Freeblade rule allows you to field any single Titanic Knight (or 3 Armigers) so the Cerastus is a valid option. It is not limited to Questoris and Dominus. 40K rules for the Cerastus can be found here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/YeS47MWmFkWqKoLP.pdf

image.png.0ff514c2db30097b333e5f2ab175c64e.png

7 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

About $320 NZD that's a whole lot better than resin at $535.

I'll get all three types (once released) for the price of two...

and may get them discounted on top that, winning.

I can't fault the price of FW stuff moving to plastic in AUD/NZD. The only real price losers are the rhino type varients. Everything else has been a price improvement, more so with a LGS discount. 

The sprue pics are up and it looks like a great kit to build.

However, the sprue layouts make it look to me like the chances of the Atrapos transferring over are a bit slim.

Theres a single leg sprue, which contains the shin, knee and shoulder armour panels. You get two of those in the kit. Part of the torso is also on the same sprue as the carapace armour.

That means the Atrapos would need completely different leg and chest sprues to swap the panels. 

However, it wouldn't be a difficult thing now to make the Atrapos a resin upgrade kit for a plastic knight. The Acheron or Castigator would be my guess so they could reuse the shoulder joints.

I just watched an unboxing and the two transfer sheets are both marked as 2024. No idea how those copyright dates work so maybe thats normal. But in case its not I don't think that this is a case of the Lancer releasing earlier than planned since it has been on the roadmap for a while.

Could that mean that the other two versions will take until 2024 to release? That could mean the other LoW marked in the roadmap is something else?

The Copyright symbol is not required by law to establish copyright.  From the moment the work is created it is under full copyright protection symbol or not.  Where the symbol has significance is if the copyright is successful defended in court from someone copying it the defendant cannot claim ignorance to wriggle out of any recompense to the copyright holder.  The date being in the future is either a mistake or because the last new release to contain this sheet is planned for 2024.  In either case it has no bearing on the copyright status of the sheet itself.