Cerastus Knight Lancer (in plastic!)

32 minutes ago, LetsYouDown said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/28/cerastus-knight-lancer-the-warhammer-studio-show-off-their-gorgeously-painted-lancers/

Well, this article dropped today, showing off some of the poseability they talked up. Looks great!

The real item of interest to me though, is that there appear to be House Caesarean and House Orhlacc transfers applied to these. I wonder if they're just in-house printing or freehand, but because the box art mini has Devine, I'm hoping the Cerastus transfer sheet has a bunch of houses featured that the Questoris/Armiger sheets don't cover? Very cool if true.

I'd be very surprised if we don't get a spanking new Horus Heresy Knights transfer sheet. There's too many variations of houses with their own transfers on all of these promo pictures.

7 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

I'm guessing Sunday they'll announce that the Cerastus will go up for pre-order on 5th August - multiple articles on consecutive days, has to be, right?

Or at least within a month. Going to hurt my wallet with this.

Love how this is supposed to be Horus Heresy but lets be real, this is far more exciting for 40k knight players who are all hotly wanting to et our hands on these guys just in time for them to be nerfed :p !

Don't care personally, these ceratus look awesome and I am always game for more giant robots to my collection! I dig giant robots, you dig giant robots, he digs giant robots, she digs giant robots, they dig giant robots, everyone digs giant robots.

Ain't a good poem, but plenty deep for all the enemies of the Imperium to fit into!

14 minutes ago, chapter master 454 said:

Love how this is supposed to be Horus Heresy but lets be real, this is far more exciting for 40k knight players who are all hotly wanting to et our hands on these guys just in time for them to be nerfed :p !

Don't care personally, these ceratus look awesome and I am always game for more giant robots to my collection! I dig giant robots, you dig giant robots, he digs giant robots, she digs giant robots, they dig giant robots, everyone digs giant robots.

Ain't a good poem, but plenty deep for all the enemies of the Imperium to fit into!

Megas XLR was ahead of it's time.

Anyway it's going to cost almost half as much as the FW version and in plastic. Nerf or not, that is an improvement. Going to need 4 for my collection, 3 for the house and one for a theme lance.

1 hour ago, matcap86 said:

I'd be very surprised if we don't get a spanking new Horus Heresy Knights transfer sheet. There's too many variations of houses with their own transfers on all of these promo pictures.

If I recall they already created a new heresy knight transfer sheet when they reboxed the questoris knight for the AoD relaunch.

This looks like a great kit. I'll be sitting on my money and hoping the Mechanicum knights get the same treatment in a year or two.

15 minutes ago, Wispy said:

waiting for someone on etsy to start laser cutting tinted shield overlays of this material

I expect deadly print studio to get on that one quickly. They already do tons of stuff like that.

4 hours ago, dicebod said:

If I recall they already created a new heresy knight transfer sheet when they reboxed the questoris knight for the AoD relaunch.

True but not with these houses I think.

50 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Love it, and will be getting one at least. I do wish they would release all 3 at once, I gather the other sprues are being held back.

LI 23 is this year's focus for me, all the Smol guys and their planes and tanky tank tanks.

Next year is back to big fellas, assuming all three are out by then ofc.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:13 AM, BitsHammer said:

In the reveal they mentioned it would be available for 40k as well. Fingers crossed for Knight players that it ends up in their codex.

James saying that doesn't mean :cuss: when they also endorse all the firstborn just sent to legends still being usable.

I have an Atrapos already, looking forward to getting at least a Lancer and Acheron to add to my Knightly House and not deal with resin. I love my Atrapos, but it is definitely heavier and was more difficult to work with than the regular Questoris.

It doesn't look like they will be reusing the AoD Knight transfer sheet with these guys.  The description from the preorder preview says that "this impressive kit comes with a transfer sheet containing 517 transfers with a mix of Knight Household emblems."  The AoD knight transfer sheet is "an Age of Darkness Knight Questoris Transfer Sheet containing 386 optional markings and icons for the Knight Households of the Horus Heresy."  I couldn't find a number of transfers for the regular knight transfer sheet in the online store descriptions, but it looks to have even fewer transfers than the AoD one.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:41 AM, Vassakov said:

Even if they are more than the current Knights, I would expect £120 at the top end. That's about a 50% price drop which is in line with things like the Sicaran, Spartan and (depending on how you count the weapons) the Dreadnoughts.

I don't know how much one Jetbike was, but even at the new price point of £40 a squad of 3 is miles cheaper than the resin ones, so the precedent is fairly clear.

Call me Cassandra.

image.thumb.png.45032d2409029a9c9f64fa7b67b7c621.png

The normal Knight kit (obviously with all the options now) is £105, so £120 doesn’t seem bad at all!

Edit: the Mega Gargant for AoS (which admittedly does also come with a few builds) is about the same size as the normal Knight and is £130. 

Edited by fire golem