Go to solution Solved by WrathOfTheLion,

24 minutes ago, byrd9999 said:

Wouldn't it be a great time to drop news of a psychic dreadnought... ?!

l’ve given up hope. With the lore for helbrutes, I don’t see how such a thing is possible outside 30k. 

I’d like to be proven wrong, but controlling machines just doesn’t seem to be in the cards. 

Twist of Fate looks fun. You can only use it once per phase, but it'll be really handy for taking out certain things. Just to maximize points, that's going to be one Ahriman is likely to spend his free use on.

Echoes from the Warp also looks like it could be really useful, but that depends on what each detachment offers.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Awaiting judgement. Twist of fate has switched from ignoring invuln in an edition with higher AP weapons to ignoring armor in an edition with less AP. Hard to say which version will be more useful. In a space marine meta, it could be huge, against daemons, not so much. We also have a few ways to boost AP, in some cases it could be redundant.

At a glance it's not as exciting as ignoring invuln, but again time will tell. Also....let's just assume GW doesnt codex creep this edition again and increase AP. In which case it wont be as useful as it's predecessor. I'm geussing that the end result will be similar to a break-even situation from 9th to 10th.

The bonus here is that a psychic test isn't needed nor can it be canceled. So far. 

Interesting to see that the Farseer Skyrunner has been previewed and he has a different power than his counterpart on foot. While the Footseer has Fortune, the Jetseer has Guide. Interesting to see if this applies to other armies that can kit out psykers with different armours or modes of transport. 

Marines are in the lead here with 4 different flavours of librarian, not counting special characters. 

On 6/3/2023 at 7:55 AM, Karhedron said:

Interesting to see that the Farseer Skyrunner has been previewed and he has a different power than his counterpart on foot. While the Footseer has Fortune, the Jetseer has Guide. Interesting to see if this applies to other armies that can kit out psykers with different armours or modes of transport. 

Marines are in the lead here with 4 different flavours of librarian, not counting special characters. 

Tactius, Phobos, Terminator, and…who will be the 4th? 

10th may not specific "primaris" on normal power armor products, and jump back librarian is not sold or producted for years.

Edited by Tokugawa

4 hours ago, Paladin777 said:

Looking at the Leviathan dataslates, I think that the primaris/firstborn divide is finally a thing of the past completely. Even the Phobos and Gravis characters don't have 'primaris' anywhere on the sheet. 

But there is still limits about what units a character could join. e.g. Seth could only join several kinds of oldborn unit.

None of which really matters to the Thousand Sons :sweat:

I'm hoping for power swaps with the codex. The first batch of datacards will have an interesting meta, I think, with everything fixed. I can see them gimping Ahriman on foot (old model) to boost Ahriman on Disc (new model).

TBH I'm not holding out much hope for TS and am willing to be pleasantly surprised. I've been of the opinion that TS psychics should be on par with other's shooting phases as we're obviously lacking datasheets and heavy weapons, and things for assaults, however I'm not seeing that in the psychic powers that we have seen so far. 

6 hours ago, Xenith said:

I'm hoping for power swaps with the codex. The first batch of datacards will have an interesting meta, I think, with everything fixed. I can see them gimping Ahriman on foot (old model) to boost Ahriman on Disc (new model).

It's equally likely they make both options differently good to try and sell you a second one to put straight on the base without the disc....

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

It's equally likely they make both options differently good to try and sell you a second one to put straight on the base without the disc....

Luckily we have 30K Ahriman to use for the On-Foot version, so you don't need a second Ahriman just to throw the disk into your bits box wholesale.

7 hours ago, Xenith said:

I can see them gimping Ahriman on foot (old model) to boost Ahriman on Disc (new model). 

I highly doubt GW will put out a new Ahriman on Disk model considering that's exactly what we already have and is the same Ahriman shown on the walking card sans Disk.

16 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

But there is still limits about what units a character could join. e.g. Seth could only join several kinds of oldborn unit.

I think that's a Seth thing as he is well known to dislike Primaris. 

also, what primaris unit would even make sense to be with Seth? BGV i guess is the only one that comes to mind. 

Edited by Paladin777

5 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

OK, unless I missed something big, why are we talking about which Primaris Marines can go where.

If we're talking about what can lead what, I wanna know if characters other than the Sorc in Terminator Armour can lead a unit of SoTs.

If we assume consistency with the Death Guard, then no. For them the Terminator lords could only lead the two terminator units, and the power armoured characters could only join Plague Marines.