Article here

ygZ6GhSybpCzSqR8.jpg

9NssgmUQeN7AM67t.jpg

LV9ynmkKTgJ8uZnd.jpg

OrTVKMPv3q0owtTt.jpg

RXUitZhHsuit6IY1.jpg

yZPXC0MIBDoHbAmn.jpg

Similar to Boarding Actions:

Five of the six Stratagems available to the Slaves to Darkness Detachment gain extra effects when targeting a unit blessed by one of the gods – or those devoted to CHAOS UNDIVIDED. All squads can take refuge behind unnerving warp-omens with Dark Obscuration, for instance, but Nurgle blesses his faithful children with especially thick clouds of foetid fog, obscuring their purposeful advance.

Lots to unpack here!

1 minute ago, painting.for.my.sanity said:

I do wonder if that's a typo given RG is soooooo much tougher than him.

Well Guilliman is a primarch...

Also shame we didn't see a Chaos Sorcerer here, I'd have liked at least a hint as to how the TSons might look.

No Black Legion keyword on Abby interestingly.

4 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Well Guilliman is a primarch...

What's strange though is that Robby went up to T9 from T6, whereas Abby went down to T5 from T6.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Nice to see Legionaries still can't have plasma pistol and chainsword. And by nice I mean the other thing. Daemon blades are gone, presumably wrapped up into Accursed Weapons along with power weapons and lightning claws. Power fists could be accursed weapons or Heavy Melee weapon. Also, max 2 plasma pistols per squad (1 champ, 1 legionary).

Leadership took a bit off a nerf, and no extra attacks for the Aspiring champion.

Not convinced by a faction rule that can hurt you to use, especially if many units continue to not be allowed to take icons.

And there's still someway to Mark units, since the stratagem gets a buff on Nurgle units.

The toughness might be changed by the time the codex properly rolls out.

Some good stuff here and I like the risk/reward of their faction ability. I'm wondering if each army's leader will play with it since abaddon can generate extra CP here off the back of theirs, RG can target another unit with his.

Guess we will see tomorrow with the Necrons...

1 minute ago, tzeentch9 said:

That dark pacts looks excellent, flavourful, but with a lot of power and flexibility 

I admit that I am quite possibly assessing it wrong - and I would be happy to be convinced otherwise - but are you sure? Having to make Ld tests to not explode your own units for what seems like a minor benefit feels, to me, like the most underwhelming army ability we've seen so far.

Separate from that, looks like they are still reaaally encouraging melee legionaries, with those wound rerolls in melee only. Shame that the balefire tome has now just become a sorta shotgun rather than offering any utility.

At least it looks like god marks will be a thing in the main detachment, but that's precisely the thing I'm most interested in knowing, and sadly they didn't tell us that bit. Bit worried it'll be the only god-marks detachment...

I really, really like the rules for Abaddon.

He is a character that can join a unit, use a transport and teleport in. His auras are fantastic - re-rolling all hits for units around him, or an Invul to bolster durability.

I think he is more useful than Guilliman, and I would personally enjoy using him more. And yes, I am aware that Guilliman would now crush him in a fight 1v1, but Abaddon will be part of a big and tough unit.

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I'm probably just being blind, but the card does still show the Legionaries can take the Balefire Psyker thing, right?

It's still there. "One Legionary's boltgun can be replaced with 1 balefire tome."

Second row, top line of Wargear Options.

4 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I'm probably just being blind, but the card does still show the Legionaries can take the Balefire Psyker thing, right?

I think they get the Balefire Tome which is a Psychic weapon

It's a good job I don't play Chaos (yet) I'd be taking Dark Pacts every opportunity I could. I really like the idea of it and I'd probably be disappointed if some units didn't see unfortunate members consumed in exchange for extra power. I wonder if the leadership on the Legionnaires is to balance this and make it more of a risk.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I haven't collected Necrons before but I've recently been painting up the ones from Indomitus and I'm really getting into them. 

Edited by CL_Mission

1 minute ago, CL_Mission said:

I think they get the Balefire Tome which is a Psychic weapon

2 minutes ago, selnik said:

Yes, it's one of the available weapon options. It's at the top of the 2nd column, I was hunting for it for a while too!

2 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

It's still there. "One Legionary's boltgun can be replaced with 1 balefire tome."

Second row, top line of Wargear Options.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Nice to see we at least can still have Squad level Psykers in Legionary squads, even if they're just another gun now.

3 minutes ago, painting.for.my.sanity said:

I do wonder if that's a typo given RG is soooooo much tougher than him.

The difference being that Abaddon can go in a unit (assumably Terminators) whereas Gman can't and only get's Lone Operative if he's with 6" of friendly models (can't be targetted unless the model shooting is 12" or closer)

Lethal Hits and Sustained Hits are both pretty great! They're worth while tradeups for potential MW to a unit

I like the VotLW change, rewarding your troops for being aggressive to take objectives is great and really helps with the want to take Marines over Cultists

Being able to give units Lethal Hits via Dark Pact makes me very hopeful that Chaos Lords and Exalted Champions aren't just spikey Captains and Lieutentants as the Lieutenant gave Lethal Hits.

Looks like most Flamer weapons ignore cover now too!