Faction Focus: Death Guard

Lord Marshal

Not getting a look at either of our Battleline Troops kinda blows.

Votaan can complain all they want, this article just stunk.  And not in a good way!  No troops, No PBC Full, no MBH, no Bloat Drones, not even mortarion!

Snores-ville.  At least the things we saw are sorta ok.  More fuel for the Combi- fight.

Just now, WrathOfTheLion said:

With the Plague ccombi-bolter, it might mean the Plague Marines get Plague bolters with lethal hits?

Looks like. The pyschic’s bolt pistol had it.

Wonder how they will deal with tanks? Everything they showed was very much anti-infantry 

Reaper autocannon has Devastating Wounds and Sustained Hits! Oh my!

Plague Spewers are ace too!

Another notch for Combi-Weapons too. Axes and Swords being combined, much like Accursed weapons is nice.

Looking forward to seeing what else DG get!

9 minutes ago, Arikel said:

Looks like. The pyschic’s bolt pistol had it.

Wonder how they will deal with tanks? Everything they showed was very much anti-infantry 

Just about everything has Lethal Hits, so ignoring the vehicles high toughness will help quite a bit.

Kind of sad to see DR gone as that gives credence to the rumor that wraith constructs lost their damage reduction.  

It's a shame they didn't preview the Plague Marines and Mortarion, I would have assumed he was a given after seeing some (not all) other factions get their their epic heroes unveiled.

I thing reducing the toughness aura is a good rule, and it will be an effective way of dealing with some of the vehicles that boast high durability, but it will require a combination of units to take advantage of it fully.

From this brief glance it appears the faction will have an abundance of weapons with Devastating Wounds and Lethal Hits, but it's hard to judge at this point.

Edited by Orange Knight

6 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

Disappointed! When toughness stretched to range of 3-14, either -1 toughness to opponent or 1 higher toughness on self profile doesn't make much sense.

The worst part (besides losing DR and the extra durability) is the contagion is the faction ability and not the detachment ability, which means I can't swap it out in 1+ years when they release the codex (cause GW can't make more than 9 codexes in the first year for some reason). Thanks GW

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The worst part (besides losing DR and the extra durability) is the contagion is the faction ability and not the detachment ability, which means I can't swap it out in 1+ years when they release the codex (cause GW can't make more than 9 codexes in the first year for some reason). Thanks GW

Eh, I think there's a solid chance that the Faction abilities change with Codex releases.  They haven't ruled that out, and some of these early index Faction Abilities are a little lackluster.

25 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Looking forward to seeing what else DG get!

Less durability, less movement, pigeonholing into melee even though they are the slowest army in 40k, weapons still being strength 4-8, multi meltas only being S9, Mortarion probably losing his -1D and 5+++, characters like the plaguecaster joining squads and then not interacting with them unless they fail a test and causes mortal wounds to them. I'm looking forward too! Sky's the limit.

16 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

Disappointed! When toughness stretched to range of 3-14, either -1 toughness to opponent or 1 higher toughness on self profile doesn't make much sense.

Conversely it makes those meltas a lot easier to stick and it helps them still chew through infantry like nobody's business with all the extra stuff on. 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Less durability, less movement, pigeonholing into melee even though they are the slowest army in 40k, weapons still being strength 4-8, multi meltas only being S9, Mortarion probably losing his -1D and 5+++, characters like the plaguecaster joining squads and then not interacting with them unless they fail a test and causes mortal wounds to them. I'm looking forward too! Sky's the limit.

Can I suggest putting a pin it for now? literally every faction preview people playing that faction have come out with sky is falling posts. If the sky is falling for all armies it means there's good odds of parity.

40 minutes ago, Arikel said:

Wonder how they will deal with tanks?

Bolters auto wounding on 6's might go some way, but I'm sure the entropy cannons will do some work.

Seems interesting. Not as powerful as others, but still decent. Am I right in that the Anti Infantry just does straight mortals on the target value?  Those will be deadly! 

1 minute ago, Xenith said:

Bolters auto wounding on 6's might go some way, but I'm sure the entropy cannons will do some work.

Seems interesting. Not as powerful as others, but still decent. Am I right in that the Anti Infantry just does straight mortals on the target value?  Those will be deadly! 

Anti-Infantry is just that it wounds Infantry on 2s, if it had Devestating Wounds, that would activate on a 2+ instead of it's usual 6+

2 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Just always wounds on a 2+.

I am having trouble comprehending the decision to dump Disgustingly Resilient.  DR has been the core ability of a Plague Marine for some 25 years.  It was literally the heart and soul of the faction.  Really makes the DG feel lackluster unless there is something significant that wasn't previewed.  GW really just killed my excitement for 10th edition.

4 minutes ago, Xenith said:

No it just auto wounds on that value.  Devastating wounds does mortals.

4 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Anti infantry x+ wounds infantry on x regardless of S vs T