Faction Focus: Death Guard

Lord Marshal

In Today's Metawatch Nick tells Stu that there has a been a lot of talk "online" about Death Guard struggling and why does he (Stu) think that is the case.  Stu responds by talking about how Leagues of V and Tau are struggling, and doesn't even mention Death Guard until this gem "There are players doing quite well with Death Guard" !!!

Thankfully he followed that by saying those players are likely the exception rather than the rule.  But I think its clear who in the Warhammer Studio is NOT a Death Guard Fan.

• 1 month later...

So I like driving my PBCs forward aggressively; I’ve been using the entropy cannons and they’ve done some good chunk damage. My question is how are people finding the spitters? I already drive it forward so range wouldn’t be an issue, and the overwatch potential is pretty appealing. I just don’t know if those two reasons are enough to forego the high strength and damage of the entropy cannons. 

20 hours ago, EnsignJoker said:

So I like driving my PBCs forward aggressively; I’ve been using the entropy cannons and they’ve done some good chunk damage. My question is how are people finding the spitters? I already drive it forward so range wouldn’t be an issue, and the overwatch potential is pretty appealing. I just don’t know if those two reasons are enough to forego the high strength and damage of the entropy cannons. 

We have access to Plague Spitters in so many other locations, but we don't have much access to Anti-Vehicle stuff, so i'm less inclined to even think about the Plaguespitters even though I have them magnetized.  I'm more likely to bring a couple of bloat drones to wield them over the PBC.

That being said, they are some of our stronger weapons so it's not a BAD idea, but I am of the mind that you can find that same coverage elsewhere in the army whereas our army is desperate for anything that deals actual, real damage to things, which our Entropy Cannons do quite well.