Ultramar Pattern Solar Auxilia 3k

Hi, newbie here. Been playing 40k for a while and starting HH, honestly with the mindset of the good old guard infantry horde platoons from 6th. Not planning to go to any tournaments, just for playing with friend semi-competitive. 

My vision for the army thanks to how Ultramar pattern works is a Napoleonic line force (rifle sections) supported by cannons (rapier batteries) with mechanised command and thunderbolts mainly for variety, but i've always been a fan of just fielding bodies en mass.

I don't have any real 'plan' for the army, sprint in the first turn and then slow implacable march is my current theory but I have two main questions about the list I guess, first does it cover enough of the bases, i've no idea what an average amount of enemy tanks looks like or how most HH lists are built? Second I do want it to be enjoyable, so is there anything i'm using that strikes you as excessive or unfair? Thanks.

Solar Auxilia - Ultramar Pattern Cohorts - 2995 pts

--HQ--

Legate Marshal w/cyber familiar - 100 pts

Tactical Command Tercio - 645 pts

- 5 x Tactical Command Section w/ command vox & Aurox Transport (145 pts)

- 10x Companion Section w/ 10x Plasma Gun & Aurox Transport (250 pts)

- 10x Companion Section w/ 10x Plasma Gun & Aurox Transport (250 pts)

--TROOPS--

Ultramar Pattern Auxilia Rifle Tercio - 480 pts

- 20x Rifle Section w/ Vox Interlock & Auxilia Vexilla (120 pts)

--FAST ATTACK--

Thunderbolt Fighter w/ Hellstrike Missiles- 135 pts

Thunderbolt Fighter w/ Hellstrike Missiles- 135 pts

--Heavy Support--

Artillery Tercio - 180 pts

- Rapier Battery w/ Laser Destroyer (60 pts)

I don't think this list would be very fun to play with or against, I think you've got a solid core with your 3 Ultramar Rifle Tercios and 1 Artillery Tercio of Rapiers w/ Laser Destroyers.

I think it would be beneficial to give your Legate Marshal Artificer Armor, Iron Halo, and Cyber Familiar because he's going to be your source of Leadership at LD10. If you want to go a bit further than that, give him a Charnabal weapon and a Master-crafted Plasma Pistol. 

Outside of that, I think your 25 man Command Tercio is a huge misuse of points, it'd probably be a lot better if you kept the two companion sections to 5-man units and use some of the points to give your Tactical Command Section Plasma Guns. That way you'll still have 15 guys with plasma guns, and more points to spare for elsewhere. BTW, I'd recommend taking the Vox Interlock on the Companion Sections since they're only LD7. 

If you have taken my changes so far you'd be at 2235 or 2260 points (depending if you gave LM weapons or not), which I'd invest into Leman Russes or Malcadors, maybe both if you can get it to work. 

That's just my two cents anyways. In the end it's up to what you want to buy, paint, and play. Hopefully this helped in some way. Cheers!

Thanks for the assessment, yeah one of my biggest priorities is that its fun to play against and I was worried there might be just too many bodies. Always fun to use Russes so i'll play around with some setups see how I like the feel of them, thanks.

So after some revisions I dropped the command squads in favour of russes, i've also switched out 6 laser destroyers for gravis heavy bolters, at the moment my main concerns are fighting anything with AV 14/15 as demolisher cannons don't feel very strong against tanks and melta is very squishy/close range.

Again any advice is welcome and if anything strikes you as unreasonable feel free to point it out

Solar Auxilia - Ultramar Pattern Cohorts - 3000 pts

--HQ--

Legate Marshal w/artificer armour, cyber familiar & iron halo - 130 pts

//Buffed his survivability as recommended, hopefully he avoid most of the fighting and acts as a buff for my inf

--TROOPS--

Ultramar Pattern Auxilia Rifle Tercio - 535 pts

- 5x Line Command Section w/ Command Vox  (75 pts)

- 20x Rifle Section w/ Vox Interlock  (115 pts)

Ultramar Pattern Auxilia Rifle Tercio - 460 pts

Ultramar Pattern Auxilia Rifle Tercio - 460 pts

--Heavy Support--

Armoured Tercio - 1025 pts

- 3x Leman Russ Strike w/ Vanquisher Battle Cannon and Co-axial Autocannon (435 pts)

- 2x Leman Russ Strike w/ Vanquisher Battle Cannon and Co-axial Autocannon (295 pts)

- 2x Leman Russ Strike w/ Vanquisher Battle Cannon and Co-axial Autocannon (295 pts)

//Also considering dropping 2 russes for a command russ w/ cognis-signum & flare shield to give the 3 russ squadron +1 to hit and for the command Russ to take the initial hits w/ front armour 15

Artillery Tercio - 390 pts

- 3x Rapier Battery w/ Laser Destroyer (180 pts)

- 3x Rapier Battery w/ Gravis Heavy Bolter (105 pts)

- 3x Rapier Battery w/ Gravis Heavy Bolter (105 pts)

//Not used Rapiers yet but atm I see them as my more reliable anti tank if I end up fighting land raiders or spartans but if i'm missing anything on how to deal with them any suggestions would be great

I like the list as it has a ton of bodies and tanks with rapier. My only dislike and it's in general for this edition is the hvy bolter. I like then but as your army has limited ways to deal with terminators and vehicles I don't rate them as much as I would in a marine army. Last edition I liked them and multilaser in my Solar because I had a bunch of other things to crack the tough nuts of my enemy. Yes I know you have seven vanquisher and I love that and I'm jealous as I only own three with the rest of my russ having plasma or conqueror load outs.

I think my plan for terminators is some classic lasgun epilepsy :), but I could be easily convinced to replace the 6 Heavies with 3 laser destroyers if burning through 2+ saves with quantity of bullets a little silly, and yeah, I'm in a similar boat, many leman russ demolisher and battlecannons from playing guard so I'm going to have to source turrets for them :). Plasma russes looking fun but its sad to see demolishers in their current state.