Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

The days of playing big events in the stores is over, it's just a little marketing boost for 10th. Which is a massive shame. The majority of players won't even play a game and just log a result. 

Edited by Bradeh

14 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

The days of playing big events in the stores is over, it's just a little marketing boost for 10th. Which is a massive shame. The majority of players won't even play a game and just log a result. 

GW will probably be expecting that to be honest, still, there will be a few of us willing to throw down dice

1 hour ago, Bradeh said:

No they won't. They can only log a result using the code in the box and only one game. GW are making it hard to cheese the results. 

3 hours ago, irlLordy said:

2.2 The competition is open to residents worldwide, excluding Ireland, Italy, Japan, Russia, Belarus and China and the US states of Rhode Island, New York and Florida. This competition is void where prohibited by law. 

Well that sucks. Boo, boo I say! 

I like to imagine Florida is being excluded completely out of spite, rather than anything legal.

1 hour ago, Burni said:

I’ll hopefully have the box day one and I’ll be lucky if my marines are built in subassemblies and ready to prime after two weeks.

I’ll just wait and see what gets revealed.

Just play with the bases with weapons blue tacked on them

4 minutes ago, Blurf said:

I like to imagine Florida is being excluded completely out of spite, rather than anything legal.

All this plastic. It drives the wheeaboo environmentalists in a frenzy

Not to get too far afield into real world politics, but this is really common. It's restricted in Florida because sweepstakes with total prizes in excess of $5,000 USD in value have to be registered with the state, with GW can't be bothered to do. At least so says about 45 seconds of search fu. Makes sense to me.

5 hours ago, irlLordy said:

2.2 The competition is open to residents worldwide, excluding Ireland, Italy, Japan, Russia, Belarus and China and the US states of Rhode Island, New York and Florida. This competition is void where prohibited by law. 

Well that sucks. Boo, boo I say! 

I think this is a list of places Jason Statham movies have been set in

56 minutes ago, AGRAMAR said:

I don't like this kind of campaigns.  Most of the time the results are pre-decided and/or they don't care want are the real results.

And the idea of pre-order the Leviathan box, to get entry into this campaign via a code...:dry::no::down:

You can get this box from anywhere (assuming it's still sealed) and it'll have the code in, as the leaflet is inside the box already. Plus it's still locked to just Space Marines and nids so there's no reason for anyone else to get involved.

On the subject of the future releases...have we had any rumours on what is coming? Given how leaky GW is im shocked we don't have a really good idea of post launch releases - the 10th edition equivalent of ATV, Servo Turret, Doom Stalker etc...

33 minutes ago, AdRoc said:

On the subject of the future releases...have we had any rumours on what is coming? Given how leaky GW is im shocked we don't have a really good idea of post launch releases - the 10th edition equivalent of ATV, Servo Turret, Doom Stalker etc...

I think the Norn Emissary (which originally was suspected to be the Neurotyrant) was mentioned in something official recently. Beyond that probably a multipart ballistus, terminators, an extra sprue for termagants to cover their weapon options.

Everything else will be left as a surprise really.

This might be the first phase for the global campaign only being Tyranids vs Space Marines.

_20230606_081855.thumb.JPG.05e3c104f5ef197702b8f1b4df83f7fd.JPG

The first image is from the battle for oghram subsite. That subpage is also referenced at the main homepage at the top too now. https://warhammer40000.com/battleforoghram/

Also this image from warhammer community could give insight if this is a planned campaign to be specifically focused around a planet each for two or more faction releases coming up. (This is all speculation and I presume it fully wraps up at the end of the current roadmap)

EDIT: Nevermind I just watched this video that has a segment of lore from 14 minuites in.

tU7Wm7NvBXSsBT2b.thumb.jpg.79bdbb647ef3b8b4f89e4b6b8ee6b945.jpg

Edited by Jalleo
I should of watched that video.

• 3 weeks later...

Battle for Ogrhram

A new campaign has been posted on Warhammer Community. All participants  will be entered into a drawing to win all Space Marine or Tyranid releases this year. Five winners will receive their choice of marines or Tyranids models valued at £5,000. This seems to suggest a lot of new releases are on the way. 
6.4 The prize is to win all new releases from the prize draw date to the end of 2023 for the winner’s choice of either Space Marines or Tyranids (the “Chosen Army”). The prize includes one of every new Chosen Army plastic miniature, plastic model kit, dice set and standard format rulebook released on www.games-workshop.com during 2023 with the following clarifications and exclusions:

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Formatting change

This was already flagged up by @Joe at the beginning of the month, although I think the value of the prize pool is new.

Regarding "a lot" of new releases, Just bear in mind there are 5 winners so its £1000 worth of products each, and the terms suggest that will include the top tier of new starter set (so £125ish) and potentially a Christmas Battleforce too (also £125ish). Leaves you with £750 retail value of new kits per force, but that will also include the standalone releases of kits from Leviathan too

Edit - The minis from Strike Force Agastus for the Space Marine side will also be included, so that's another ~£100 of prize value accounted for already.

Edited by Halandaar

9 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

Interesting how they changed the helmets to white now. Official art that was technically incorrect. 

bt.jpg.627794583b8b62b3d3aeaf04090f7c36.jpg

Haven't Ultramarine Terminators always had white heads though to show their status as Veteran's? Well, aside from Sargents etc

Hmm I thought I had less time for this but its a fortnight isn't it. Not that I'm hopeful for a shot at winning the prize draw in any case.

5 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Haven't Ultramarine Terminators always had white heads though to show their status as Veteran's? Well, aside from Sargents etc

Hmm I thought I had less time for this but its a fortnight isn't it. Not that I'm hopeful for a shot at winning the prize draw in any case.

The first time this artwork was shown the helmets were blue.