Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Its actually way closer than I thought (if that score is actually real and not just marketing)

Yeah, 51/49 is…suspiciously close. Pretty sure this is just some nonsense thrown together by marketing.

”The good guys are winning, but just barely! You better buy a box so you can report your games and help them pull through!”

People like being on the winning side, so this lets the primary marketing target of Marine players be on the winning side, while also creating “tension” and “drama” by making it not appear as a foregone conclusion. 

3 minutes ago, Rain said:

”The good guys are winning, but just barely! You better buy a box so you can report your games and help them pull through!” 

Wow, didn't realise the T'au were involved in this battle.

Seriously tho, we already knew Space Marines were gonna win through sheer numbers, why not flip it the other way and rally the Tyranids to give SM a "taste of what's coming", 'cause all this is doing is putting a "Why should I bother reporting my Tyranid win" shadow over the contest as Marines are already pulling ahead.

3 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Wow, didn't realise the T'au were involved in this battle.

Seriously tho, we already knew Space Marines were gonna win through sheer numbers, why not flip it the other way and rally the Tyranids to give SM a "taste of what's coming", 'cause all this is doing is putting a "Why should I bother reporting my Tyranid win" shadow over the contest as Marines are already pulling ahead.

"Space marines will obviously win.. holy swear filter, Tyranids are just behind by 1%! I better report my tyranid win and maybe make a difference!!!" is probably what I think they're going for.

Yeah, I don't really feel this mid report is perhaps entirely genuine. Which I don't *technically* mind - reality's probably a lot duller.

I’ve played my first game of 10th using some of the models from the box (the new  massive Termy Bois and their boss) but it was against Guard.

Guardsman are like bugs to Primaris so I feel justified in submitting my result. It was a VP draw but a moral victory to the Guard as they wiped out the Termies and Captain (free special weapons everywhere thanks to the new points system).

Oh I remember when they did that world wide campaign back in like 2008, I cant remember the name of the planet. Back then I couldn't afford the miniatures needed to have a match, so you can bet your bolter Im going to participate in this one.

I might convince my brother to play a quick match (who knows, maybe that will convince him to join us) or maybe get a match with a friend of mine that also have the box. Apologies in advance to my side: im going to lose that one. That friend Is the kind of one that rules all the data, all the rules and everything and doesn't stop hitting you, even if you barely had time to assemble you list (it happened to me with 9th).

They should do more of these campaigns. Not like every month, but maybe once a year. Yes, Im aware the Space Marines will steam roll every other faction thanks to fact that everyone, wanted or not, have an Astartes Army. I really hope they find a way to mathematically fix the issue and give equal weight to all armies, idk maybe just use win-lose ratio, just cut some of the data to made everyone somewhat equal... idk, I don't get pay to do it but there must be a way to make it fun and fair to every faction.

8 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Yeah, I don't really feel this mid report is perhaps entirely genuine. Which I don't *technically* mind - reality's probably a lot duller.

James Workshop looking at the 95% Space Marine victory by the halfway mark:

"I thought we got rid of Turn 2 table wipes in 10th?"

8 hours ago, KenaiPhoneix said:

Oh I remember when they did that world wide campaign back in like 2008, I cant remember the name of the planet. Back then I couldn't afford the miniatures needed to have a match, so you can bet your bolter Im going to participate in this one.

Fall of Medusa V, I think, unless that was the one before. 

On 6/30/2023 at 5:04 PM, LittlePlasticHomies said:

I submitted my results but did not get an email confirmation for the raffle. First one of these things I’ve entered for GW. Is that typical or atypical?

It didn't even ask for an email from me. I put in my code and selected the option and that was it. I guess I'm not entered then.

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

It didn't even ask for an email from me. I put in my code and selected the option and that was it. I guess I'm not entered then.

The email comes after that, first you input the code and choose your side, then a white window opens to input you mail and I think only after that your score is actually recorded.

You can easily check by inputting the code again and if says duplicate code instead of opening the mail window it was recorded the first time.

But even if everything worked you don't get an email confirmation, just the screen saying "Thank you for recording your result"

Edited by Matrindur

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

The email comes after that, first you input the code and choose your side, then a white window opens to input you mail and I think only after that your score is actually recorded.

You can easily check by inputting the code again and if says duplicate code instead of opening the mail window it was recorded the first time.

But even if everything worked you don't get an email confirmation, just the screen saying "Thank you for recording your result"

I didn't get a window to input my email. It just refreshed the page and when I tried again it says duplicate code.

Finally put my result in (Tyranid victory, not that it'll matter), I got the pop up box for the email entry.

Also noticed that apparently some releases will be excluded from the prize pool. I'm going to guess that means the limited edition stuff won't be up for grabs 

10 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Yeah, I'm putting a tenner down that by the time it wraps up "Marine fans launched an epic counterattack and just barely managed beat the Tyranids by only 1%! It was truly everything to play for!"

Whichever faction they have chosen to win, the results will be so close that "we are going to release a teaser miniature from the losing faction, and stay tuned for the full reveal very soon!"