Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

This was already flagged up by @Joe at the beginning of the month, although I think the value of the prize pool is new.

Regarding "a lot" of new releases, Just bear in mind there are 5 winners so its £1000 worth of products each, and the terms suggest that will include the top tier of new starter set (so £125ish) and potentially a Christmas Battleforce too (also £125ish). Leaves you with £750 retail value of new kits per force, but that will also include the standalone releases of kits from Leviathan too.

1 hour ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

=][= I've merged these two topics now as we already had one on the go =][=

Oops. Apologies, Gents. I had forgotten that there was already a post about this. 

I’m optimistic that we will see a fair bit of new kits for both factions. I am looking forward to seeing the winning faction’s reveals on July 15th. 

Does anyone know an estimate of the size of the range Tyranids will get, in relation with the value of the price pool? Want to know if the rumour about the enormous delayed refresh the faction will get has any credibility now.

Norn Emissary is now almost certain, but I hope Swarmlord and Old One Eye get an update like Deathleaper.

Edited by Jscarlos18

25 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Does anyone know an estimate of the size of the range Tyranids will get, in relation with the value of the price pool? Want to know if the rumour about the enormous delayed refresh the faction will get has any credibility now.

Norn Emissary is now almost certain, but I hope Swarmlord and Old One Eye get an update like Deathleaper.

Best bet is to look at the Necron refresh from 9th Edition and work from there. It'll give you a figure (though time will tell how close it is, and as pointed out, it may include starter sets, paint sets, battle forces, stand alone combat patrols etc)

1 hour ago, Jscarlos18 said:

All but confirmed :

- Norn Emissary

- Lictor

Rumored :

- Genestealers

- Biovore

Will be in dire need of a refresh as the oldest kit in the range (but no solid rumor) :

- Hormagaunts

Imo the remaining "slots" will be new kits, about 3 to 5 of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Carnifex kit isn't replaced for now, which is a shame, the new fex is so much better... but they insisted that he is a different breed, leaving room for the old kit to remain.

So I don't have the Launch Box 'cause I play neither Tyranids or Space Marines, but I really hope Tyranids win this contest.
It'd be a very disappointing start to the edition where the big lore event is "the Tyranids are finally a threat and are eating half the galaxy" if the very first contest where the winner isn't set in stone goes to the Space Marines due to sheer numbers of Marines.

What do we think the delta between the reveal for the winning and losing factions will be? My guess is that it's a week or so and we'll see something like this on WC: "Congrats to the Space Marines for defending the planet, but don't power down your armor yet as a new wave of Tyranids will make landfall in a preview article next week!" 

20 minutes ago, Flaherty said:

What do we think the delta between the reveal for the winning and losing factions will be? My guess is that it's a week or so and we'll see something like this on WC: "Congrats to the Space Marines for defending the planet, but don't power down your armor yet as a new wave of Tyranids will make landfall in a preview article next week!" 

A week seems to little for a campaign that lasts two weeks itself, I expect 3 weeks with the winner on July 15th and the other on August 5th. Maybe instead the winner gets shown off at once while the other is split up between multiple articles in the following weeks?

After that a few more weeks of hype and rules previews for the new units and Codexes with a release at the start of September

Edited by Matrindur

does it matter that much anyways?  Anyone remember that chaos victory that was quickly retconned anyways?

Winner gets traditional first release of box sets before the other?

Yeah the model releases all come in the autumn (I'm guessing Marines first and then a month later, Tyranids).

I'm going to stick with a combat patrol game instead of going all out with the box contents because of the unbalance between marines and nids.

If the Battle for Oghram follows the Battle of Aughrim the Nids will be about to win but then the Ballistus Dreadnought decapitates the Winged Prime, Nids fail a charge, Marines win, Nids eat a few more worlds as they retreat, Genestealer Cult springs up 100 yards from my house

Yes Ive had coffee

On 6/5/2023 at 4:23 PM, Xenith said:

Only a small campaign, and for 13 days only! Just to decide the next previews. Pretty cool little bonus for ordering direct. 

Well, only if marines win most of their games - as we seen from the 9th ed tourney standings, number of people playing a faction doesn't guarantee strong win%, quite the opposite! 

Assuming some poeple are even going to play their games and not just input bogus info

12 minutes ago, Misterduch said:

Assuming some poeple are even going to play their games and not just input bogus info

Well yeah, obviously not everyone games, or games particularly regularly; but everyone likes winning a load of free plastic crack.

Terms and conditions do actually state that you have to play a game "using the contents" but it doesn't say what game, or how much of the contents. So, if you just enter a result, then technically you'd be in breach of the Ts&Cs so they could strip you of the win. My main opponent is off to Japan for a month so we're not going to be able to get a game in, but I may draft my kids in to have a very simple Aliens vs People so I can put in a result. 

You also don't have to have a code to enter as you can email them and just state why you love Marines or Nids, for a chance to win. 

2 hours ago, Progenitor said:

Terms and conditions do actually state that you have to play a game "using the contents" but it doesn't say what game, or how much of the contents. So, if you just enter a result, then technically you'd be in breach of the Ts&Cs so they could strip you of the win. My main opponent is off to Japan for a month so we're not going to be able to get a game in, but I may draft my kids in to have a very simple Aliens vs People so I can put in a result. 

You also don't have to have a code to enter as you can email them and just state why you love Marines or Nids, for a chance to win. 

Don't ever change. 

On 6/26/2023 at 11:37 PM, Kilamandaros said:

Not to mention the marines in the box outnumber the nids by several hundred points. Very surprised if it's not a runaway marine victory.

Could be a twist since there will likely be plenty of liars.

To be frank, I think the nid half will be the more interesting reveals and probably that sentiment is shared by a fair number of people.

1 hour ago, spessmarine said:

Could be a twist since there will likely be plenty of liars.

To be frank, I think the nid half will be the more interesting reveals and probably that sentiment is shared by a fair number of people.

Space Marines are men in power armour with guns or swords, so is very difficult to make anything trully unique. Tyranids have the benefit of being the side with the more wider range of options in design.

The wait for the Tyranid reveals feels eternal, but it will be worth it. All  the updates and new creatures look amazing, so for now I'm very happy. Resin kits will hopefully be given an update.

Deathleaper was a welcomed surprise. Old One Eye and Swarmlord also need to get a new sculpt so they look more unique than the base Hive Tyrant and Carnifex.

Edited by Jscarlos18