New Lictor(?)/Deathleaper Revealed

4 minutes ago, Evil Eye said:

Everything from the waist up is great. The base is excessive and the "cape" is absurd.

100%. An organic skirt is dumb anyway, but particularly on a stealth killer that should be as streamlined as possible.

Holy cow that's a good looking model! Extra glad I picked up Lviathan now, this one will look great with the Leapers. Can't believe they gave a Tyranid a cape but I like it!

I wonder what size base that is, 60mm? I'd like it use it for a little diorama or something.

Edited by CL_Mission

It's a shame they are so dismissive in the article about the skirt's function. I think it would make it more interesting go into a bit more detail, it kind of reminds me of the creatures in the film Beast Master.

It does feel like it would be a bit of a nightmare for an infiltrator with it snagging on stuff, bit hard to creep up on someone if it gets caught in a door or on a branch.

Having it envelop it's prey and consume it might make it a bit more interesting.

For anyone interested, from the T&C we already now what he will cost:

The value of the prize is GBP £37.50

Might be a dual kit with the Lictor at that price?

Also this:

And who knows, we might have something even cooler to reveal at the next milestone…

doesn't sound as if they meant the next Instagram milestone as that would take quite a while and why tease it now? So it's probably for another website, Twitch is pretty close to 200k with 194K followers or maybe Twitter for 125k with 122k?

Edited by Matrindur

2 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

I would assume Lictors will be one of the reveals, then you'll have the Deathleaper, Lictors and Von Ryans as a set basically. 

"they won’t be the only vanguard organisms joining the Hive Mind’s ranks for the next Tyrannic War. Even more are coming, and they’re coming soon…" 

This sounds like there might be even more than those three for this kind of bug?

11 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

It's a shame they are so dismissive in the article about the skirt's function. I think it would make it more interesting go into a bit more detail, it kind of reminds me of the creatures in the film Beast Master.

As a kid these scared the living daylights out of me. Even worse that Triffids.

But I love this guy very creepy.

Winged_Devourer.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

This is very likely to be a one-model-box dual build kit to make Deathleaper or a Lictor.

It looks like my trio of 2nd Lictors will finally be able to retire!

Include a different head with different tentacles, replace the stinger with a flat carapace plate, leave off the the cloak with the carapace plate it is connected too and maybe a different pair of legs so it can stand without the tactical pipes and you would have a fine Lictor. Also wouldn't need that many additional parts on the sprue.