Considering how similar they are, if you want to use the contemptor in tournament games, just use it as a Redemptor for now, they’re close enough it should be fine. Just use the storm canon as an onslaught and the melta thing as the plasma I guess

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

Considering how similar they are, if you want to use the contemptor in tournament games, just use it as a Redemptor for now, they’re close enough it should be fine. Just use the storm canon as an onslaught and the melta thing as the plasma I guess

That's how my buddy is running his Lev Dread.  He's got a melee focussed one, so he's just running it as Brutalis.

Anyone who complains ain't worth the air they're using to complain with.

2 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

That's how my buddy is running his Lev Dread.  He's got a melee focussed one, so he's just running it as Brutalis.

Anyone who complains ain't worth the air they're using to complain with.

That's one of the closer substitutions; people were previously converting the Redemptor to a Leviathan before it went plastic!

Just something of note in regards to dreadnaughts: other than the seismic hammer on the ironclad, the furioso fist (which is also on the DC dread) is the only dreadnaught CCW that's AP-3. The rest are all AP-2, even the Brutalis!

Edited by Paladin777

2 hours ago, Thoridon said:

I probably should've built my Leviathan, Deredeo and Storm Eagle a bit sooner...

Oh well, can still run them in friendly games when I do get round to building and painting them :)

Pretty much what I'll be doing, or using them in Heresy. Unfortunately, they have gone further down the backlog queue :sad:

I had a deredeo and leviathan (never was a fan of the contemptor, aesthetically speaking) on my to-get list, especially since the plastic leviathan came out... I'm really glad I never got either of those now. 

I just recently build and painted my leviathan. Also bought and build a Spartan and land raider Proteus. Of course I chose to build the Proteus without the ramp. Why should have I, as I already own a standard land raider... The Sicaran is still in the box. Maybe they change their mind again some day. Plastic is timeless. 

• 2 months later...