Death Guard Index

So I played the game against blood angels and somehow just barely was able to get a draw but so much of the marines abilities were pretty annoying  to deal with as Death Guard especially oath which basically meant whatever was oathed was straight up removed, few times I could hit back most of their rules and strats just meant they ignored or I failed to cause enough damage to wipe stuff, only Helbrute and Soul Grinder were able to deal serious damage.

they took hellblaster squad, Incursor squad, Jump pack Death company all with hammers with lemartes, Terminator assult squad with terminator Librarian and Librarian Dread.

Some things I found

Putrifier was pretty good using grenade strat to kill librarian dread which was down to last few wounds, the 5+ lethal hits was pretty good as well helping to get lots of wounds on stuff, Lord didn't do too much killed a few hellblasters but nearly died with their fire on death ability.

Helbrute was pretty good managing to wipe Lemartes and his death company squad after they were left exposed after failing to wipe the poxwalkers who were able to fall back but debating not taking plasma as he more killed himself failing the hazardous roll twice which was painful so 

Soul Grinder was probably mvp able to kill a few marines with his indirect firepower but biggest thing was able to tank shock and then wipe an entire terminator assault squad by himself and causing couple of wounds to Terminator Librarian. unfortunately, once oathed died pretty quick to the Librarian dread. just wish their guns had better ap as only -1ap is annoying.

Poxwalkers were surprisingly  actually pretty good getting quite lucky with feel no pain saves most of the game somehow being more tanky than the plague marines and thanks to sanguous Flux somehow managed dragged down the terminator librarian , sustained hits 2 on an objective plus  lethal hits is pretty damn good, may try and see if I can take Typhus with a large unit.

Due to bad placement on my part the predator suffered a deep strike charge by their terminators and died pretty quick. 

Plague marines were pretty lacklustre and quite disappointing, pretty slow struggling to get up forward without transport and died in droves to the hellblasters, damn that ability to shoot upon death even if they kill themselves due to hazardous causing them to shoot again. 

Will have to try running plague marine squad with a transport but hard seeing how they can be made good as they die pretty easy and dont really deal much damage especially with how other factions get so much more resilient rules that plague marines just dont have anymore.

shame Poxwalkers don't have battleline as would much rather take multiples more than 3 of them instead of actual plague marines which is depressing. Better get my Rotigius assembled and painted soon as he should prove interesting to field. Painting the one I already have  and getting another few predators is another goal

20230708_201356.thumb.jpg.6038f70e573aae13be3e7109f88f1e5e.jpg20230708_201400.thumb.jpg.e78202831deadc28cc5ad05ac758a8cf.jpg20230708_201601.thumb.jpg.c25710d34d02cca142139b5d871c2cc5.jpg

Edited by Plaguecaster

Played another 2k game. You might've read it on reddit: Plaguewing vs Deathwing. 

We ended after turn 4 but I would have been tabled during turn 5. I lost by around 30pts. The DA terminators were just around 3x better than our guys. 

Will give a unit by unit rundown here:

Lord of Contagion - B

Decent output thx to reroll and boosted 5 blightlords combat decently. Still not worth 100pts.

Lord of Virulence - B+

Used him to buff 10 blightlords with max combis and reapers but DA strats and my cold cold dice countered them. Overall not bad but - 15 pts would be ideal. 

Typhus - B

Was with 6 deathshroud and they tanked a 9man deathwing knight charge. His output was thwarted by my cold dice and he killed a deathshroud when I needed his power the most. 

Blightlords - C+

My 5man with LoC did more than my 10man with LoV. I hate that they die so easily and their shooting/CC is just decent. 

Land Raider - 2nd game in a row where I lost the LR during turn 2. Through 2 games I have managed to deal a total of 8 damage with this thing. Meh. 

Deathshroud - B

Okayish output. Okayish toughness. Too expensive. Deathwing knights were way better for the same cost. 

Defiler - B-

I like having a D3 gun on a solid platform, the problem is that without morty that damage isnt going through those 2+ saves from cover/AOE. Also if you roll like me, i.e. 0 hits from 5 attacks in melee than it feels like 205pts trash :D

PBC - B-

PBcC dont work without Morty. I dealt 1 dmg to an infiltrator squad (after strat) with indirect mortars. With Morty they go to A+ but on their own just meh. 

Cultists - C

Died to a stiff breeze. Misused them a bit. Scout can be a trap if you cant hide them. Probably invaluable to play seconadaries anyway. 

Overall meh experience. It's not cool when our terminators fold like wet paper. Have to paint up Morty (I preferr Typhus) bexause I feel he is tge only way to make PBC work and without them we dont really have shooting.