Chaos Space Marines Index

I'm... not underwhelmed, I'm not even just whelmed (though there are some dud entries). I'm... just feeling cautious. This might be reasonably balanced - points costs notwithstanding, of course? There's some interesting ways the pieces here could click together with the Marks, but there's a lot of limits on leader/unit interactions since, of course, we don't have  the sheer breadth of different sub-versions of characters that loyalists have. 

Well if you leave open the Thousand Sons rhino, all the dust will blow out and then you're just transporting armor.  And if the world eaters get a chance to look outside, they're just gonna rip the rhino open and start smashing.

DG have lots of extra orifices, so it stands to reason....

(Non cheeky answer is that they are bad at consistency, GW that is :P)

Just going through this Index and I tell you what, I'm a happy boy!

Huron is great, he's lost his toughness and wound boost he got in 9th but still has a bunch of tricks he can pull

The MoP is really useful, boosting Possessed to even higher levels

Lord in Terminator armour are suitably tough, Chainfists seem like a decent pick to go with

Sorcerers of both kinds are ace, both have a lot of utility

Lord Discordants have had a knock in their damage quite substantially, mainly due in part to loss in Relics but still has a lot of utility. Turning off a Knights shooting for a turn is potentially huge

Warpsmiths are the only model in the army that can go in Havocs which is an odd choice but Enrage machine spirits is particularly funny

Exalted Champions are actually great? They're not just a spikey copy of Lieutenant and give a genuinely good buff

Terminators are great, although don't really benefit form Abaddon's Reroll hits ability

Possessed are really, really good. Definitely the unit to keep an eye on

Bikes are ace, no longer 9 model units is sad though

Raptors are very handy to have in the pocket. Forcing Battleshock at -1 is super handy

Oblits can go up to 4 models in the unit and have a once per game Indirect option. They're going to be a problem unit, calling it now :laugh:

Defilers looks aboslutely ace, moving over terrain and models as if they're not there and have very very good output

Both fiends are great, Maulerfiends really do have a place now in my opinion

Helbrutes are actually amazing? Just giving out free both parts of Dark Pacts? Wowee!

Vashtorr is actually good now too, bizarrely his 3 part choose 1 ability that was first of it's kind in 9th is now gone and now just gives a much better aura

In case you can't tell, I'm so so pleased with this Index. It may not be bonkers good but it looks a lot of fun most importantly!