Chaos Space Marines Index

4 hours ago, Lucius_The_Temporary said:

If you'll excuse the naive theorycrafting of a noob, Tranceweaver-led Daemonettes and Noise Marines seem like a fun Slaaneshi combo while EC players still have to roleplay our dearly departed subfaction. Noise Marines force a battle-shock test, and if it fails, your Daemonette squad (who are deepstriking with +1 to charge) get full rerolls. Worth considering?

Only dearly departed for a year or so, then you'll get your codex with a fancy Fulgrim model to boot.

With the points now available, we can judge some units... but with free wargear it's not as black and white anymore.

Terminators seem pricey, but if you go full combi weapons, they're cheaper! 

Dark Commune dirt cheap!

Seen a lot of talk about helbrutes, they're quite pricey now.

48 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

With the points now available, we can judge some units... but with free wargear it's not as black and white anymore.

Terminators seem pricey, but if you go full combi weapons, they're cheaper! 

Dark Commune dirt cheap!

Seen a lot of talk about helbrutes, they're quite pricey now.

Where do we access the points values? They released that already? Can’t find it anywhere…

5 hours ago, Kaiju Soze said:

Helbrutes, Venomcrawler and Discolord all got hefty points hikes. Not sure they really deserve that.

Noise Marines with sonic blasters at 17pts per model? Not bad.

I think we were safe to assume all vehicles would have a bump in cost given their increased survivability against most intermediate antitank weapons - so I'm not surprised.  As hellbrutes and venomcrawlers have, IMHO, gotten a fair bit better, they are likely still worth fielding even at their higher cost.

I too was surprised by the noise marines cost - they are cheaper than legionnaires now and are almost certainly better (better basic gun and the blastermaster + doom siren (on the champion) are probably about as good as the best 2 gun combination the legionnaires can take, though the legionnaires' lascannon likely edges it out as one of the few places we can get a S 12 gun on infantry), due largely to the quality of the blastmaster.  The one area legionnaires definitely outperform noise marines is that no characters except Lucius can attach to noise marines, where basically everything can attach to legionnaires.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

30 minutes ago, MarshalMittermeier said:

question: so lets say a wraithknight shoots my nurgle havocs. and i use nurgle strat, so 12" away or untargetable. does this apply to the NEXT time my unit will be shot at, or does it make the wraithknight's shots illegal and he must choose another target?

They have to choose another target (this is in the commentary)

There's a restriction on adding Marked Characters to same-Marked squads, but no so such restriction on mounting units in same-marked transports.  So I will be sticking my block of Khorne Chosen and characters into a Nurgle Land Raider, and if my enemy tries to first-turn delete that tank via Oaths I will be using Dark Obscuration on it.

And nurgle chaos lords will be able to always have the strat each turn too, good for backfield legionaries with heavy weapons just holding base on an objective, and if the opponent gets too close they reroll wounds and the chaos lord can do damage.

39 minutes ago, Joe said:

Bit late to the party here, however I'm a bit disappointed that the Traitor Guardsmen Squad doesn't have battleline.

I was also disappointed they didn't make them like guard squads where its two units together.

But at least they're in the index!

11 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

I was also disappointed they didn't make them like guard squads where its two units together.

But at least they're in the index!

This is true. I'm grateful we can at least build a quasi-Renegades & Heretics/Lost and the Damned army currently. Maybe if I run them enough Games Workshop will deign to splinter them into their own full faction again?