Aeldari Index

TrawlingCleaner

2 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

The serpent shield ability can be triggered at any time correct?

Uh, yeah, that seems pretty strong! :sweat:

image.png.ad91f61462eb6c2aee3c1d5873e17d40.png

2 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

So I can trigger it in the opponents command phase before the battleshock phase to force a unit to take battleshock as a gamble as to whether they will be able to hold an objective or not? (As if it were in my own turn it would be cancelled at the point of the opponent phase starting).

From the looks of the rule, since it doesn't have any limitation on when it can be used, yes, you could do it after units reset their Battle-shock status at the start of the Command phase. I think you could potentially even do it after they've tested for Battle-shock already (assuming they are required to) and passed to force an additional test (though that's definitely straying into the grey area of the rules of missing a timing specification).

But, uh, yeah, looks like you can pop it to force a Battle-shock test in the opponent's Command phase (much like the Tyranid's Shadow in the Warp being more useful in the opponent's Command phase).

Also nice that it doesn't remove the Wave Serpent's invulnerable save or anything, so it's purely a once-per-battle enemy debuff with no downside.